Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330177 times)

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I've tested everything, even asked Meph to help... The only thing we could brainstorm is "corrupted world", when a historical figure is broken and when it spawns the game freezes (it very rarely happens in vanilla, but more often in modded worlds because they have much more info).

There's literally nothing in any logs or DFHack, and it happens both pre-mood and post mood.
It looks like the save is broken somehow. Thankfully you did not go too far, please tell me if something like this happens again (it never happened to me myself).

Normally I would just chalk it up to me or my system, but I saw the similar crash on three different systems, work, laptop and home PC. The work and laptop were the same game, zipped up, so maybe the issue could be there. However my home PC was a fresh download and new world. I will mess around with it some more and see what I can make happen.

Thanks alot for looking into it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.19b] - small fixes, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2013, 09:02:50 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying the game in adventure mode and fort mode with dfhack probing, poor game :P. Let's hope we can find the source of it, you must understand that a crash like that, without visual prerequisites, is most likely caused by something totally unrelated and is very hard to track.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2013, 05:53:46 am »

Okay, next release will integrate ADVFORT. Right now I am overhauling crafting system to fit it.

You will be able to turn conquered lairs into mines or even adventure forts, and with Companion Order you will be able to station your own guards.

You can also build farms and grow seeds to feed yourself.

(if you don't understand what's going on, I've built this house and farm plot on top of a lair myself).

I will also be able to make adventure-only workshops, so yeah, thank you, thank you very much for this awesome plugin, Warmist!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Normally I would just chalk it up to me or my system, but I saw the similar crash on three different systems, work, laptop and home PC. The work and laptop were the same game, zipped up, so maybe the issue could be there. However my home PC was a fresh download and new world. I will mess around with it some more and see what I can make happen.

If you can reliably reproduce the crash and if I can get a hold of your save and the steps to reproduce, I can catch the crash in the debugger and see if it's in DFHack code or plugins. If it's not in dfhack then I can't really help, but at least it eliminates something.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 21, 2013, 07:13:05 am »

It would be really great.

The save is in this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109846.msg4117319#msg4117319

I have no clue how to check it myself, so you would be my, no, OUR savior! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Phoebus version has non-accented language files (no weird symbols in names).

Adventure mode
- Removed smelting/forging and some crafting reactions from adventure mode.
- Added reactions to knap basic rock pick and axe.
- Added "burn wood" reaction, takes a log and gives a charcoal.
- Included and tweaked Advfort DFHack module. You can now build workshops, tame animals, gather resources, grow plants, mine and use workshops in adventure mode.
- Build your bases in conquered lairs. Only lairs save info about your constructions, item placement etc.

- Updated manual with info on Companion Orders, abilities, crafting and construction.

Workshops
- Added "thatchery" workshop. It can turn plants into wicker beds, bins, chests and blocks for construction.

Check the new manual (5.20, revision 4) to learn how to gather plants, chop trees, build houses and workshops, work in them, fish, mine etc.

All this is possible thanks to Warmist
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:09:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mining in adventurer mode? Wow, that's real cool. And thanks for the Phoebus version :)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You are welcome, I did not want to make you wait for long (even though I have exams almost tomorrow :P).

Yeah, you can now dig to caverns and even to hell. That's amazing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've noticed a single error when I was playtesting the latest verstion. In /raw/objects/reaction_adventurer.txt, there's an entry called ITEM_WEAPON_HAND_PICK. It should be ITEM_WEAPON_PICK. Fix it yourself to fix the pick knapping reaction. It will be fixed in all future updates.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well sorry to say its happened again.

Fresh download of 5.19b this morning, normal biome, actually it was the default site the world gave me after it was genned. Embarked, made a small fort, merchants arrived, before they even made it to the Depot the game froze. Here is the save file of the game, the Merchants had just arrived when I quicksaved, all I had time to do after this was move to my fort, and put a Craftsdwarf workshop down and before it could even be built, it crashed.

http://www.wyvernscave.us/images/region1-19b.zip

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

5.20b
- Phoebus: engravings look nice now.
- Fixed pickaxe knapping reaction.
- Adventurers can craft stone anvils now for their first forge.

Just a small fix.

I've also updated manual to Revision 5. I've just added info about constructing/working above and below you (like when you build a stair) and explained that adventurers can now make their first anvil from a boulder.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Fresh download of 5.19b this morning, normal biome, actually it was the default site the world gave me after it was genned. Embarked, made a small fort, merchants arrived, before they even made it to the Depot the game froze. Here is the save file of the game, the Merchants had just arrived when I quicksaved, all I had time to do after this was move to my fort, and put a Craftsdwarf workshop down and before it could even be built, it crashed.

I'll see if falconne will be lucky with his debugger... For now try adventure mode I guess :). If he's not, I will have to start removing parts of mod and testing, no better idea.
I'm running my own fort on year 5, so it must be something very specific which you are very unlucky to hit :(.

Also try 5.20b. Maybe it was something weird which is gone, I've changed a lot of small values here and there. And sorry for the bad luck :(. I am really sad that happens to you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:17:51 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

hmm I wonder what workshop that's has to be only for adventure mode? It can't be anything about item crafting since there thousand different types of workshops for that let alone adventure's reactions, I guess it could be a waypoint system where you could activate a portal to travel to another Waypoint. 
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nah, I remove item crafting but a few necessities from adventure reactions alltogether. I also want to remove ALL workshops and make special adventure mode-only good-looking workshops with custom reactions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll see if falconne will be lucky with his debugger... For now try adventure mode I guess :). If he's not, I will have to start removing parts of mod and testing, no better idea.
I'm running my own fort on year 5, so it must be something very specific which you are very unlucky to hit :(.

Also try 5.20b. Maybe it was something weird which is gone, I've changed a lot of small values here and there. And sorry for the bad luck :(. I am really sad that happens to you.

Sounds good I will give 5.20 a whirl. If falconne can't see it and no one else is having any problems, then its not a big deal. No worries.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 108