Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330196 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.18] - adventure mode update
« Reply #690 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:07 am »

the price to pay for speed enhancements.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »

Hehe, I fixed the hauler thing. Stuckins, though... I haven't. Should I? :P Maybe I could have some extra SYN_CLASSes--DFHACK_AFFECTS_HAULER, DFHACK_AFFECTS_STUCKIN, etc.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:29 pm »

That would be the best thing.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2013, 04:37:12 am »

Just tried out this mod for adventure mode. Swimming seems to be bugged. I flounder and drown crossing rivers even if I have legendary swimming.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2013, 06:24:12 am »

Finally dipping my toes into Genesis here... I noticed something odd. In worldgen parameter defaults, it sets Vampire, Werewolf, and Secret types to 0. Is that on purpose? Are there other types of vampires/werecreatures in the raws that go around silly things like this? Or are they simply turned off by default and you have to turn them on if you want them?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:08 am »

Its on purpose, because deon added custom additions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46:50 pm »

Raged a little inside when a mooded dwarf didn't go to legendary after completing his artifact, since he had a -50% modifier in Carpentry. The artifact wasn't even that good, a larch barrel with a maple carving on it. Yay.

EDIT: Happened again with a clothier this time. At least the headscarf he made is kinda cool sounding.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:33:13 pm by Bronimin »

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »

if the dorf was possessed he gets no skill gain even in vanilla.
the message should say "urist mc carpenter has been possessed" rather then the others

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2013, 07:56:23 pm »

if the dorf was possessed he gets no skill gain even in vanilla.
the message should say "urist mc carpenter has been possessed" rather then the others

In both cases they were seized by a secretive mood, so its definately the skill modifier at work; and they did gain skill, just not all the way to legendary (in both cases to: accomplished xxx).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:04 am »

No, since dwarves can get negative modifiers in skill rates, a single artifact may be not enough to make them legendary. However rates are not that bad (and there's no skill rust in Genesis), so it's not that hard to get a legendary after that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Snap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 16, 2013, 03:22:51 pm »

Just an update on the swimming issue I ran into before. It seems Dalesmen can't swim, but dwarves can.

Is there a weapon/armor materials guide somewhere which tells which materials are better for what type of armor/weapons? The way that Silver is best for warhammers, but not good for swords, etc? I've been playing this and Masterwork a bit and it is the one thing that really bugs me about both. I have no idea if an axe or armor piece I find is terrible or not.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 18, 2013, 05:58:20 am »

I'm thinking about returning to Genesis mod after a year, taking a look at what you've done here :)
I have a few questions though:
-is there a version with phoebus graphics?
-are there many civilizations who can't speak? It's bad for adventure mode, IMHO: "OOOOH, a city at last!.... aaaaaand they can't speak."
-is there an up to date guide for workshops, dwarven castes, plants, animals, minerals and other features?
-I've read something about advanced dfhack stuff with steam engines, I really hope it's automated...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #702 on: March 18, 2013, 06:27:28 am »

-are there many civilizations who can't speak? It's bad for adventure mode, IMHO: "OOOOH, a city at last!.... aaaaaand they can't speak."
-is there an up to date guide for workshops, dwarven castes, plants, animals, minerals and other features?
-I've read something about advanced dfhack stuff with steam engines, I really hope it's automated...

- No.
- Deon gives great attention to adv. mode, so you wont find many problems there.
- No, besides the first post.
- The script starts automated, but setting up the steam engine is tricky. But everything is ingame, no input into dfhack required.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 18, 2013, 11:22:09 am »

There's a manual in the first post, it does not cover everything yet but there's info on dwarven castes, civilizations, plants and workshops.
It's just under the file download.
Here's a direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4c1z52usmy3anx3

All races can speak, but merfolk and ratkin talk gibberish and cannot be interacted with (but they live in caves).
I removed OPPOSED_TO_LIFE from fallen, so they can be interacted with too, so you can have some undead spearmen or whatever in your party.

No because I used to update plants a lot, but now when everything is more or less done I may think about implementing it (the main problem was with setting proper tiles for all different versions, ASCII and Ironhand difference alone takes quite a lot of time).

You just need to build your steam engine properly, then you can put coke in it when it runs out of fuel to stoke the boiler, but it works all the time when it's fueled by itself (and the fuel consumption is low).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:29:38 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 18, 2013, 04:34:02 pm »

Well, for now I'm waiting for the phoebus graphics version, or DF2013, whichever comes first... one new thing at a time. Still, I'm glad you are working on this mod :)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 108