Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330236 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.18] - adventure mode update
« Reply #600 on: January 23, 2013, 07:51:08 pm »

It's a new thing with the clothing thoughts, you can fix it with dfhack.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 24, 2013, 12:39:48 am »

Deon,

(I am new to playing the genesis mod)
About a season after receiving a massive wave of migrants, I suddenly got a slew of combat reports of dwarfs killing dwarfs and job cancellations. Going to the unit screen, I saw that some dwarfs who had arrived in the migrant wave had gone berserk! Eventually I lost about half my dwarfs due to a bunch of these raging dwarfs (and a few animals), and decided to save scum to see what caused this. However, I've waited a year so far, but nothing has happened. What in Armok's name happened!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:41:48 am by lukstra »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 24, 2013, 04:39:41 am »

You might have a demoniac or two, those hide among population like vampires, but they are worse. Once per year a demoniac can make a random dwarf crazed. They still kill dwarves in their sleep like vamps so you can spot them. I plan to make them to make animals crazed instead in the next update.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 24, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »

The fort (a second attempt) is still going after 1.5 years. Those stupid migrants still try to come - not knowing 3 Void Dwellers haunting the embark area, and join the slowly growing undead force.

I never knew that livingsurviving in a reanimating biome is so much fun, but the "interrupted by Geshud Oblotter lower right hand" starts getting on my nerves.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

The fort (a second attempt) is still going after 1.5 years. Those stupid migrants still try to come - not knowing 3 Void Dwellers haunting the embark area, and join the slowly growing undead force.

I never knew that livingsurviving in a reanimating biome is so much fun, but the "interrupted by Geshud Oblotter lower right hand" starts getting on my nerves.

Turn it off then.

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 24, 2013, 09:40:17 pm »

I watched lwCoyote's let's play and noticed a few typos and minor things I want to fix, so expect a release soon.

I wish there were more let's plays or community fortresses (if any) of my mod, it would make it much easier for me to update it properly (and it would motivate me more :D).

I currently have been streaming it a lot, Certainly a lot of questions from myself have been arisen in them while trying to figure things out haha.

Can you link your stream? Id  like to watch sometime
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 25, 2013, 01:19:50 am »

I watched lwCoyote's let's play and noticed a few typos and minor things I want to fix, so expect a release soon.

I wish there were more let's plays or community fortresses (if any) of my mod, it would make it much easier for me to update it properly (and it would motivate me more :D).

I currently have been streaming it a lot, Certainly a lot of questions from myself have been arisen in them while trying to figure things out haha.

Can you link your stream? Id  like to watch sometime

http://www.twitch.tv/vherid/new

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:28 am »

So are void dwellers weak to both moonsilver AND voidsteel?
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 25, 2013, 01:42:32 am »

Started using Genesis Reborn as it appeared, without having played the 'old' Genesis, with no manuals and such, meaning I had to figure some stuff out the fun way and I must say it was entertaining as hell (That new crop table you have on the OP would've been nice sooner :P, though). This is truly a great mod Deon, keep it up.

-DB

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:31 pm »

Hey!  Just recently found your mod, and I love it! 

I was poking around the raws and I was having trouble figuring out how the utility spiders come into being.  They don't breed, and unless I'm mistaken (I'm still somewhat new to your mod, only been playing around with it for a few days) you can't build any more.  The only way you can get more, it seems, is if you import them from the mountain homes.

Am I mistaken?  My fortresses are usually bathed in blood and pus and other foul liquids, and a pet that goes about cleaning things is perfect, if I could mass-produce it.

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2013, 11:10:36 pm »

Possible bug report:

Despite being in plant_aboveground.txt, hops are set to be grown only in SUBTERRANEAN_WATER. Truffles are this way as well.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:27 pm »

Another possible bug:
While doing a rite at a sacrificial pit, a dwarf baby was turned into a soulless, yet is still aging and is a member of the fortress.

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 28, 2013, 07:45:54 pm »

Another possible bug:
While doing a rite at a sacrificial pit, a dwarf baby was turned into a soulless, yet is still aging and is a member of the fortress.
Actually that sounds like a really cool feature :)

Also, another bug (maybe df bug? not sure.):
When you first start out, while planning your embark, the second dwarf has the "marksman" skill instead of "crossbowman".
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:51:19 pm by jcannon98188 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 29, 2013, 11:46:39 am »

All crossbowmen were renamed to marksmen. This skill is also used for slingshots and will be used for guns.
Possible bug report:

Despite being in plant_aboveground.txt, hops are set to be grown only in SUBTERRANEAN_WATER. Truffles are this way as well.
Just a sorting issue, I still need to rework some abovegroud plants to fit in with the poison system.

Hey!  Just recently found your mod, and I love it! 

I was poking around the raws and I was having trouble figuring out how the utility spiders come into being.  They don't breed, and unless I'm mistaken (I'm still somewhat new to your mod, only been playing around with it for a few days) you can't build any more.  The only way you can get more, it seems, is if you import them from the mountain homes.

Am I mistaken?  My fortresses are usually bathed in blood and pus and other foul liquids, and a pet that goes about cleaning things is perfect, if I could mass-produce it.
Utility spiders are robots and must be ordered as pets. You can buy many from dherim too since they bring all pets avaliable instead of elves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 30, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »

Bug: Sweet Pods are listed in Manual and in Raw (the summary part) as being edible raw and cooked. However it does not actually have the [EDIBLE_RAW] tag on there.

And thus solves my quandry of why even though I brought 300 sweet pods, by dwarves said I had no food to eat :)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108