Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 329755 times)

at10ti0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS [5.4] - deep furnace, sawmill and furniture workshop.
« Reply #345 on: November 13, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »

All looks nice dennis :) just give us the Steel clan dworfs already so that Revo can pimp up his army ;)

btw thanks for the great work you put on genesis reborn version!
Deon thanks again for the awesome things you do with modding df which now got even better with dfhack!
Btw did you just took my words there regarding the new version naming? I feel honored and humble at the same time :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It was something I was considering, so we were thinking the same way, but I did not dare to use the word "reborn" before there were enough features to call it "reborn" :).

I've managed to make Companion Order to take 1-9 instead of A-Z as keys for orders to remove confusion between companion selection/order keypresses. I should start learning LUA and make my own plugins. If I have time for this, I will :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

Really nice to see you're happy with the progress made on the new Genesis, Dennis! I've been a fan of your mods since DF 31.18, and I hope you keep modding for a long time :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 04:31:29 pm by Raul »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

Here's a suggestion - if you can find a way to hack the code for the "brew drink" reaction at the still, you could make that reaction require water. Water could be supplied by another hacked reaction to collect water from a well or water source zone (there's already a reaction to use up water below a tile in DFhack, implemented in the steam engine). This would increase the difficulty of producing alcohol somewhat. Also the new Golddepths succession fortress is using Genesis 5.6 (it was started before the series of updates), so people can follow that up on the community games subforum if they want  :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:40:52 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Oh yes,  I select my man by pressing a

Then I press Shift-D  to un-equip and it just exits to the game screen.

Also, how do you instruct them with the Move command?  I select my companion with a,  then use Shift-A and it gives me a message about needing a cursor?

Edit :

OK, I think I got my companion to Drop stuff..  but then I couldnt get him to move onto the tile where he had dropped stuff.

I moved about for ages until he finally lands on that spot.  I've got him to pick up most everything but for some reason wont pick up the crossbow that he did have equiped :S
moving is bugged in a way that companion will recycle back to the follower center so you might be able to move them to and area near you just got to be like about 4 tiles away from you.
I haven't got the chance to test the drop and pick up to test if it works.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Everything works. For companions to move where you want, you need to stand on one place skipping turns, or they start to follow you again the moment you move.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: GENESIS Reborn [5.10]
« Reply #351 on: November 14, 2012, 12:11:58 am »

- Companion order menu now uses 1-9 instead of A-Z for orders to avoid confusion.
- Changed dwarf mode soundtrack.
- Fixed graphical tiles for underground plants for Ironhand version.
- Added warsnouts. Ferocious pigmen who live in grasslands, savanna and shrublands. There're warsnout footpads, taskmasters, brawlers and herbalists.
- Added minotaurs, bloodthirsty bull-people who live in mountains and shrublands. There're minotaur herbmasters, grapplers, hunters and brutes.
- Former minotaur semimegabeast is now called "magnataur", it's as big as giants.
- Pyromancers can now raise pyre zombies. They are slower than normal zombies but can breathe fire in melee range (1 tile).
- Druids can now raise plant minions. They are weaker and less tough than original creatures (1/2 of strength and toughness) but they are a bit faster than normal zombies.
- Added 4 types of vampirism-like curses.
-- Vampires are stronger than in vanilla because they can still get stats (but cannot lose them) and they get bigger physical resistance.
-- Lamia are forever stuck to whatever they end with, so they cannot gain or lose stats. They are also not as strong/tough as vampires, but they are fast.
-- Succubi can have kids and don't get all the immunities vampires have (they feel pain, can be stunned, are alive etc).
-- Demoniacs are almost like normal people, but they can make one of your dwarves crazy once a year.
- Added custom werebeasts which can turn into their beast form when they are very hurt. They are weak to silver and moonsilver.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.10]
« Reply #352 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:55 am »

Followed suggestions, so here it is.
IRC CHANNEL: IRC.SORCERY NET  #Genesis-Reborn

When I am at home, I will be there if you have questions or suggestions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 14, 2012, 05:26:18 am »

dang this is starting to update faster than I can set up research for new content to add to adventure mode.
Here's a suggestion - if you can find a way to hack the code for the "brew drink" reaction at the still, you could make that reaction require water. Water could be supplied by another hacked reaction to collect water from a well or water source zone (there's already a reaction to use up water below a tile in DFhack, implemented in the steam engine). This would increase the difficulty of producing alcohol somewhat. Also the new Golddepths succession fortress is using Genesis 5.6 (it was started before the series of updates), so people can follow that up on the community games subforum if they want  :)
so you want deon to Mod in a still that needs water so that you can make the game harder for yourself? I think you could just remove the still workshop from the Dwarf entity and replace it with another identical workshop that just ask for a bucket of water.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 14, 2012, 08:09:45 am »

- Companion order menu now uses 1-9 instead of A-Z for orders to avoid confusion.
- Changed dwarf mode soundtrack.
- Fixed graphical tiles for underground plants for Ironhand version.
- Added warsnouts. Ferocious pigmen who live in grasslands, savanna and shrublands. There're warsnout footpads, taskmasters, brawlers and herbalists.
- Added minotaurs, bloodthirsty bull-people who live in mountains and shrublands. There're minotaur herbmasters, grapplers, hunters and brutes.
- Former minotaur semimegabeast is now called "magnataur", it's as big as giants.
- Pyromancers can now raise pyre zombies. They are slower than normal zombies but can breathe fire in melee range (1 tile).
- Druids can now raise plant minions. They are weaker and less tough than original creatures (1/2 of strength and toughness) but they are a bit faster than normal zombies.
- Added 4 types of vampirism-like curses.
-- Vampires are stronger than in vanilla because they can still get stats (but cannot lose them) and they get bigger physical resistance.
-- Lamia are forever stuck to whatever they end with, so they cannot gain or lose stats. They are also not as strong/tough as vampires, but they are fast.
-- Succubi can have kids and don't get all the immunities vampires have (they feel pain, can be stunned, are alive etc).
-- Demoniacs are almost like normal people, but they can make one of your dwarves crazy once a year.
- Added custom werebeasts which can turn into their beast form when they are very hurt. They are weak to silver and moonsilver.

Did you manage to modify the worldgen vampire code, or do we have to turn off vampires in the worldgen screen to avoid getting those?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 14, 2012, 08:21:34 am »

The detailed worldgen settings have 0 generated vampires and werebeasts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 14, 2012, 09:07:42 am »

Death knights are nearby!

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

infinityc0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 14, 2012, 10:39:55 am »

I just loaded the mod and after while preparing an embark, I've found that cats are not on the list of available animals. Other than the very expensive bronze centurion and utility spiders, it seems there is no vermin protection. Is this intended or am I missing something?

Never mind. Found I started with vermin catchers anyway.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:07:23 am by infinityc0mplex »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 14, 2012, 11:22:19 am »

Batwings and utility spiders are vermin catchers, and you can catch and tame niths.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »

Looking forward to checking out the newest version when I can! What are your plans for sites for the new races with the next release? Do sites currently exist? Apologies if there's an obvious answer, I'm unable to check for myself at the moment, and am curious.

FYI, I added a link in my thread to Genesis, in the off chance somebody's not heard of it, unlikely as it seems. Also, Ultima V is an incredible game (in reference to the images in the first post)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:31:33 pm by Taffer »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 108