Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330474 times)

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk
« Reply #1530 on: December 30, 2013, 05:26:22 am »

Make sure you REMOVE vanilla raws before pasting mine! Also please share DFHack you compiled :D.

Thanks, that worked. And sure, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27714141/dfhack-0.34.11-r4-Linux.tar.gz

To make it work you'll have to move/rename "libstdc++.so.6" in the libs/ folder of your DF installation and install these:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install libstdc++6:i386 libgcc1:i386 zlib1g:i386 libpng12-0:i386 libjpeg62:i386 libfreetype6:i386
..and god knows what else I missed.

Stonesense is included by the way, although IsoWorld wouldn't compile and I had to sacrifice it to the god of blood.
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

ChildofSolitude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 30, 2013, 01:06:34 pm »

EDIT: All questions were figured out, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:45:46 pm by ChildofSolitude »

Uxtalzon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 30, 2013, 05:36:40 pm »

Are there any new flux stones in this mod? I've gotten desperate for flux and I have not seen any of the vanilla versions at all(even scouring the map with DFHack reveal). Also, is there a good wiki or FAQ that details the new material deposits and what they are good for?

It's a hit or miss, mostly a miss in my experiences. Some areas have zero or next to none, others would have entire layers consisting of marble or chalk. Never found saltpeter, ever. I just plan for the worst and make it from the calcinator. Same with fuel.

Absoleas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: January 04, 2014, 09:03:59 am »

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but I'm having some troubles with world generation. Basically, the worlds keep getting rejected no matter what, it happens even after all civilizations have been placed. Last night I stopped at 98 rejections because I was getting kind of annoyed, now I'm at 70... Is this normal?

Uxtalzon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: January 06, 2014, 06:47:49 pm »

Make sure you "Design New World with Advanced Parameters", because it creates the world with the mod in mind like unique ores, monsters, etc. If you're doing that, dunno. :(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:47 pm »

Doing the standard worldgen keeps those in mind, it just breaks secrets, curses and bogeymen.

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:12 am »

Does anyone know how to chop down trees in ADV mode with a simple stone axe??
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:16:48 am by tilly »

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: January 14, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »

Hi,
I have two questions about the mod:

1. How do you use the gem powder from the grinder workshop? The kiln doesnīt take them for glazing and the job "Encrust xxx with gem powder" tells me I donīt have any gem powder.

2. I canīt seem to get steel automaton frames for steel clockworks. The Steel Frame option doesnīt show up in the Automaton Workshop.

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

Previous post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

New post:
So I have figured out the placement likes to be at the Northwestern corner, probably of all buildings.
Is it possible to have a bridge built in adventure mode that can be pulled up like in fortress mode? I'm still not understanding the build direction entry, and I haven't yet gotten far enough mine/build/create the required tech to make a lever (and I'm still a total newbie to DF, so I don't even know how to link a lever to a bridge anyway...).
Does anyone know what number corresponds to what direction?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:33:23 am by TortuousAugur »

Uxtalzon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: January 20, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »

Does anyone know how to chop down trees in ADV mode with a simple stone axe??

Have your simple stone axe in your *right hand* (drop it, drop whatever is in your right hand, pick up axe, that's how I do it).
CTRL + X to FellTree.
Stand right next to a tree, though you don't need to stand it is preferred. :P
Now USUALLY Alt + direction will work. Sometimes it just doesn't, I dunno why. If it doesn't I run around the tree and keep trying.
If it works correctly you'll see a timer* count down, and the faster your speed the sooner you finish.

*sometimes your character will move or fall asleep where he's at. That's normal fortress mode NPC behavior - if he moves, it means he's hungry/thirsty most likely.

edit: tree will turn into wood logs of whatever type of wood it is, and boy do they weigh a lot. :P

voodooattack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: January 21, 2014, 05:50:23 am »

How do you clean fish? I managed to catch a fish and a mussel but my dwarf was licking them instead of consuming them for some reason. Does it have to be cleaned first to be edible? I built a fishery and a kitchen but couldn't interact with either.
A Dance With Ice and Fire
An open-world roguelike based off the world of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Web it with catapult blocks.

I definitely need to add more anti-megabeast things now that megabeasts are actually MEGA.

I have never seen a mod create creatures so badass that new features are needed to make it even feasible to defeat them...

That is awesome, in the extreme.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: January 23, 2014, 03:03:10 am »

Hi,
Is it just in my games or does anybody else has so much problems with crashing the genesis mod? I need to save at every event (caravan, ambush, thief, invasion) because it almost always crashes if something big happens. Normally it crashes when hostiles and friendlies start to fight or an ambush gets spotted. I tried at least 5 different worlds. In my current game it got even worse: I just fought back a small goblin invasion and the game crashes just a few minutes afterwards. I loaded the game now 5 times and it crashes the first 4. The difference the fifth time was that I caught a mindflayer thief in a cage at around the same time the game normally crashed.
I got a backup save if that would help.

EDIT: I redownloaded genesis and put it this time on my SSD. Generated a new world (the large region, just changed vulcano count and endyear). This time it just crashes in a 10-20 minute timeframe in the second year after embark.

EDIT2: I think I got it now: I changed the tileset from phoebus to ironhand in the game from EDIT1 and I had zero crashes since then. Had a few invasions and a lot of ambushes. Lets see if it stays that way.

thanks for your great mod
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:27:30 pm by melmarkian »

TortuousAugur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: January 24, 2014, 12:32:55 am »

Hi,
Is it just in my games or does anybody else has so much problems with crashing the genesis mod?

No, my adventure characters always crash very soon unless I save after creation. I have had at least five characters delete because I didn't save directly after creation of an adventurer, usually choosing to crash as I was entering the nearest castle for my initial set of metal armor...

Is there any plans to update the documentation of this mod?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:45:31 am by TortuousAugur »

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 17, 2014, 04:34:02 pm »

Hey.

I can't seem to gather plants in the latest build, and i couldn't find a reliable manual for it.

Could anyone tell me how to gather plants in the latest Genesis build?
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 108