Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330454 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1455 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:26 am »

Both shadowscale making and warding armor reactions seem to be fine for me. I will make sure they work for the next release, thank you for heads up.

If there are active people like you who can help me to fill Genesis wiki, I will go ahead and make it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1456 on: November 07, 2013, 01:15:19 am »

I can confirm that shadowscale reactions are also just giving normal suede for me as well.

One question as well, is Vulcanite just top tier for everything? My dorfs recently found an ass-load of adamantine, so I'm wondering if theres anything that adamantine is better at than vulcanite
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:23:06 am by CptCrunchy »
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 07, 2013, 01:35:27 am »

Adamantine is lighter, so it's better for armor.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 07, 2013, 02:07:43 am »

DERP! It's a problem with shadowscale only in Ironhand version, I forgot to add SHADOWSCALE definition there. This is what happens when you try to mod three separate graphical versions at once :D. I will upload a fix ASAP.

P.S. Same issue with warding armor/greaves/helm. I modded Phoebus and ASCII properly but forgot to add a few lines to Ironhand version.

P.P.S. You can do it yourself if you don't want to wait and know what to do. Copy inorganic_g_metal.txt from ascii/phoebus folder, and add [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SHADOWSCALE:SHADOWSCALE_TEMPLATE] to [CREATURE:ANIMAL] in creature_standard.txt. I will upload a fix soon myself.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:12:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 07, 2013, 02:15:59 am »

I knew some day I'd get penalized for using ironhand :P

Thanks for the easy fix
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ Genesis Reborn 5.41 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Summoned creatures!
« Reply #1460 on: November 07, 2013, 03:20:46 am »

That aside, would it be possible to add in metal knuckles and or katars? Some weapon that relies on the striking skill, at any rate. I kind of want to make a group of assassin dwarves with katars and shadowveils, heh.
Good idea about katars.

Edit:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_STUDDED_PANTS]
[PREPLURAL:pairs of]
[NAME:studded pants:studded pants]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:5000]
[LAYER_SIZE:15]
[LAYER_PERMIT:30]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:4]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

Is that coverage actually the right number o:? To think, I've been sending my dorfs out near defenseless with just normal trousers....
Yes, increasing coverage above 100 will gradually increase thickness. It's a bit weird how it's calculated, but you will generally find studded armor/pants much heavier than normal leather analogues and actually providing quite a good protection for combat (not as good as metal, but close).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:35:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:26 am »

- Fixed warding items making for Ironhand.
- Fixed shadowscale making for Ironhand.
- Summoning reactions now work differently. It does not transform the user into a creature, it spawns a separate pet creature instead.
- Summoning reactions now cost more crystals.
-- You can summon imps, magma guardians, hell hounds, bebiliths and pit fiends in fire temple.
-- You can summon giant crabs in water temple.
-- You can summon griffons in air temple.
-- You can summon gargoyles in earth temple.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:41 am »

Having some trouble stockpiling Suede leather, is there some trick to it, or did I somehow do something weird without knowing it?

Can't seem to find it in the leather list either, although there is a Suede Cloth in the plant cloth list.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 07, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

That should be it. Isn't it stockpiled in cloth menu?

I may have shot myself with the foot here... There's no animal cloth but silk in valinna, and suede is technically cloth (it's not used for leather armor and such). Can't you put it in cloth stockpiles?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 07, 2013, 12:24:50 pm »

They just seem to ignore it. It's not a huge deal. My cloth and leather stockpiles are the same, so that doesn't seem to be it, unless that confuses them.

I don't know enough about material RAWs to know why it wouldn't be working, but if it isn't a problem for anyone else I probably did something to cause it without even knowing it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 07, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »

It's most likely the same problem that happened to stone arrows before. The game simply refuses to realise there can be a direct animal cloth. I will find a way to fix it, thank you for the report.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 07, 2013, 04:05:42 pm »

I started a new fort after an unfortunately timed ambush that happened as my military were fighting a forgotten beast whose blood made all their body parts rot.  For some reason, it gave me around 8,000 points at embark.   I felt it would be a bit cheap to use them all, is this a bug or a feature?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 07, 2013, 04:35:44 pm »

Which world generation option did you use? Some of them have higher points than normal. You can actually adjust them yourself :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 07, 2013, 05:04:44 pm »

Ah, that would explain it then.  I used Tamriel, didn't notice the point thing

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 08, 2013, 03:05:15 am »

I hate to be the bearer of bug reports, but I can't seem to build a Skull Throne. As in it doesn't appear on the Build -> Workshop list. Using Ironhand, in case it's specific to there.

Is there anything special I need to do to get it to show up first, in case I missed a step somehow?
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 108