Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330435 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1410 on: October 24, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »

Question!

Explain all of the pros and cons of remades and clockworks.

Oh, and a random suggestion: Steampunk power armor. MOSTLY because I imagine a massive Steam Punk mech controlled by a tiny little gnome.

EDIT: Also, can you post a full image map of Tamriel? Mostly cause I'm a nerd and want to see EXCATLY. HOW. IT. LOOKS.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:57:53 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1411 on: October 25, 2013, 09:00:00 am »

Remaking is a like a punishment, or necessary action when a person loses a limb or something.
It's the same dwarves, just with metal parts. It gives a small benefit in melee combat too.
Also remaking removes vampiric abilities, so you can "fix" a vampire this way instead of executing it.

Steampunk exosuit sounds fancy, I will work on it.

P.S. Tamriel worldgen.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:10:26 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: October 28, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »

I'm having great fun playing Genesis 5.40 after couple of months break. The fortress isn't 2 years old yet, but already wiped to population of 1 twice. First time if was wandering Corruptor who obliterated 2 of my initial axedwarves and got 4 other members of the fort, and at last moment migration wave appeared which was immediately drafted ancient derived the Corruptor away. The second time 3 void spawns started melting my animals pastures outside - when the fortress tried to stand against them the result is predictable...

Let's see if we can survive in 2 layers of sand and clay between surface and not yet pierced aquifer...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 28, 2013, 02:29:28 pm »

Settling in evil biomes requires some real preparation and/or Vault-style fortress design, with an airlock and shit. It's supposed to be the hardest area on map, for those who want to experience void-apocalypse and a real challenge.

Also I plan to add a new feature called Archaeology. You will be able to dig up ancestor's artifacts and ancient automatons. You can activate them for 1 year, and then they deactivate (die, leaving inactive version object). They will be strong but require a lot of stuff to activate. Think of emergency defenses.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 28, 2013, 03:28:40 pm »

10 minutes after I posted, the fortress fell. Calmed by the fact than no more creatures were reported I opened the bridge and was greeted by Goblin Marksman.... "Your force had been broken"

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 28, 2013, 03:59:06 pm »

What and where is the best starting loadout/place to start?

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 28, 2013, 04:09:57 pm »

Evil/savage biome.

Of course if by the best you mean The Most Fun.

Otherwise define the best :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 28, 2013, 04:12:10 pm »

As in, good for a player who is unfamiliar with the fortress mode of the mod.

Also, NEVER.

I tried a evil biome in VANILLA.

Oh god, the blood rain. SO. MUCH. BLOOD.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 28, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

Here evil biomes are different. They are places where Void crept into the world, so there are corrupted plants, dead grass, soil cairns and other shit. Also terrible outworld-ish monsters.

I suggest any location which is not savage or evil then. Or good for that matter, good areas are tainted with ancient magic, so there are various aberrations.

You may want to be careful with mountains, there are some flying nasties like gargoyles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:08 pm »

I embarked on mountains once for a volcano, and there was a family of minotaurs. That didn't last long.

Flat neutral forest/swamp with a stream is still possibly the easiest embark, if you want a decent chance of surviving long enough to try out all the cool features :)

Oh, and while I remember, is the bug that causes babies born in fortress to never grow still around? I know there's a dfhack script to fix it because I've seen it in masterwork, but is it still an issue in genesis?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 29, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »

Dwarves are born at a full size to remedy this bug. It's the easiest way to fix it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 29, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »

Poor dorf mothers..

My forts always seem to have at least one magnotaur attack in the first year or so, but they always die pretty easily from poorly trained militia with iron weapons at best.  Are they supposed to be easy legendary monsters, or do they need a buff?  I was freaking out the first time one wandered into my fort, but none of the five I've seen have ever killed anything at all.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 29, 2013, 04:20:09 pm »

It's like vanilla minotaur, just a bit bigger. Small semimegabests, nothing important.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

wugawuga

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 29, 2013, 06:07:39 pm »

Last time I played was the 5.35 version of reborn, but truetype font is not turning on. I've tried editing the init. and the hotkeys which both have not worked, and truetype does work with my vanilla DF.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 29, 2013, 06:10:25 pm »

Deon probably has it on STANDARD print mode, which is incompatible with TrueType. Switch it to 2D to allow TrueType, though it'll break Rendermax. Baughn has said that it's not impossible to include truetype support for STANDARD print mode, though, so that could be arranged at some point or another.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 108