Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 330305 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I managed to make a dwarf of steel demigod that didn't die outright to wildlife (if only because she met no Warsnout or Minotaur packs, and wolves concentrated on her late companion) , AND the first mission was to kill an outlaw, some dwarf of scrolls druid. I was like: uh huh, now that's a bandit camp I don't plan on visiting until I'm a vampire. Then I saw a fortress and decided to investigate, was attacked by Gully Shriekers at the walls, managed to kill them, fast-traveled just one click where I suspected the entrance would be... and was ambushed by the druid and some plant minions. And luckily those focused on my companion who struck them down (Dherim soldier...armed and armored), I managed to rush the Druid and to my surprise lopped off limb after limb, finally killing him without any Direwolf transformation or buggy boiling steam (supposed to be ice?) or mud cloud hitting me, and he even dropped some artifact. Not getting my hopes up, I guessed it's a non-skill book like most others... then I noticed two things:
1) upon reading it, I became a druid, and
2) upon picking it up, my speed dropped to 99.

So yeah, poor dude carried around a platinum slab of nature secrets, no wonder he was too slow to defend himself  :D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea why can't I become a vampire? I drank his blood from the ground, from my backpack, from waterskins, even laced with water... and I'm still Hungry.

EDIT: never mind, I just had to mess around with water, water laced with (named vampire blood) does the trick.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:55:45 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug/feature: as a Druid Vampire, I raised some animals, and a green dragon I killed, as plant minions. Now I get quests to kill them, but can't properly report if I did so- the quest giver says rumors from distant lands won't save them, and gives me the quest again.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Not a Genesis related bug. Reanimation with historical creatures can get funky, especially when the creatures haven't killed anyone of the civ giving the quest. Assuming the creatures haven't killed anyone of the civ.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cast Bone Spear and Raise Mud Cloud don't seem to be doing anything.

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Last Life:
Step 1: Made a Necromancer
Step 2: Killed Goblins
Step 3: Made one a zombie
Step 4: My zombie goblin kills me
Step 5: My ghost wonders what went wrong.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Zombies raised this way still remember their allegiance, there's nothing we can do. You should use them for collateral damage since they are now opposed to life and will attack their former comrades as well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS Reborn [5.24] - Dark Fantasy; More steampunk is coming!
« Reply #1057 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:40 pm »

I'm about to add more Steampunk elements and rework the building tree. I am like halfway done already.

So here's a little giveaway for you Steampunk lovers.

GUNS OF ICARUS ONLINE GIVEAWAY

Build a nice themed fort and upload it for me to check, you can attach stories, plans of your lever systems and rooms et cetera :). I will use them to promote Genesis on some russian forum boards. Try to utilize new mechanics, buildings and production chains; intricate rail systems for minecarts and complex lever systems are a plus.

I will decide 2 winners with a random draw from the best forts and give you copies of GoI. Just a little present because I am in a good mood :).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:49:18 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS Reborn [5.24] - Dark Fantasy; More steampunk is coming!
« Reply #1058 on: May 14, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »

GOIO is actually pretty nice, I don't get to play much online though.  Wish the story mode was more developed...but they are still working on it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] GENESIS Reborn [5.25] - Dark Fantasy, Steampunk and FUN!
« Reply #1059 on: May 16, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »

- Adventurers forge and smelting pit are workshops instead of furnaces now, so can be built properly with advfort.

- Removed piston requirement from steam engine(it already requires quite a lot of materials).
- Soulgems can be made from any cut gem.
- Removed soul forge and upgrade station.
- Removed bronze centurion making reaction.
- Former upgrade station reactions are moved to new automaton manufactory.

- Added Automaton Manufactory.
- Added Flesh Studio.
- Added Thaumaturgy Guild.

- Added "remade" caste to dwarves.
- Added genderless "clockwork" caste to dwarves.
- You can turn dwarves from one House to another using 5 gold bars.
- You can turn dwarves into remade in Flesh Studio, it removes vampirism.
- You can turn dwarves into clockworks in Automaton Manufactory, it removes vampirism.

- You can craft spellstaves and magical bolts for them at thaumaturgy guild (ash+gem for fire/inferno spellbolts, plant+gem for webbing spellbolts).
- Inferno/fire/webbing block making for catapults has been moved from alchemical lab to thaumaturgy guild.

- Tetrahedrite and native gold occur more often.
- Sphalerite no longer occurs within limestone.
- Added willemite, another zinc ore. More brass smelting possibilities.
- Added orichalcum, an alloy of copper and gold. A bronze-level valuable metal.
- Renamed nickel silver to argentan. It's now a low-grade weapon material.
- Removed rose gold (orichalcum replaces it).
- Added bars/ore variants for black bronze, argentan and sterling silver smelting.

- Removed inorganic_ddd.txt file.
- Added "living" metal, iron-grade material with a very sharp edge.
- Added living metal making to flesh studio (1 bar from 1 plant stack and 1 wooden log).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:45:55 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 16, 2013, 03:32:59 pm »

Sounds awesome. Did you include the adamantine strand-to-bar reaction in the smelting pit?
Also, will there be a Phoebus version?
And are you sure about adding NOSTUN to Clockworks? "Creature can't be stunned. Creatures with this tag never wake up from sleep in Fortress Mode and stay drowsy. If this creature must eat and drink while playing, it WILL die."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:29:36 pm by Tirion »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 16, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »

Huh, I forgot about that issue with the sleep. I will fix it very soon, because the new version with guns and more constructs is around the corner.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2013, 01:21:53 am »

Creedy: Bollocks. Whatchya gonna do, huh? We've swept this place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody +knives+ and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have *guns*!
V: No, what you have are -bullets[25]-, and the hope that when your *guns* are empty I'm no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2013, 06:28:56 am »

Just a quick question, is it normal to have red dragon diety's show up on the map? If so, is it normal they are Friendly and move into my fortress?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just wish I could get him to do some patrolling :)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 17, 2013, 07:27:52 am »

Object testing arena shows that remade and clockwork equip all kind of equipment properly on their artificial bodyparts too, and that clockworks are way more powerful than either remade or dwarf of steel, only 1 of them out of 10 died to a freak decapitation when decked in full bloodsteel, maxed out skills, broadswords, against equal numbers of remade and then steel. They all have their wristblades cut open and fractured, but only one has a leg injured similarly, and all of them have all their steam gone. All the deaths are due to headshots through full helmets and 5 hide hoods. Usually their opponents gave in to pain.

Also, IMHO clockworks should not be eligible for being raised as undead. [NOT_LIVING], maybe?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 07:34:46 am by Tirion »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108