Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should necromancers be killed on discovery?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.  (Read 17138 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.
« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

Will not eating and drinking for a week kill you? How about not sleeping for that length of time?

If his character can survive, do that too. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2012, 12:06:19 am »

Never mind about that proclamation of success. I relapsed and killed an entire goblin village, then made rings, amulets, and decorations for my pick from their teeth. What is my punishment? Make it severe, though. By now I'm almost immortal and can oneshot most megabeasts, so what punishment is in store for me?

You must store all your armor and weapons in a place you shall decide, wear everything you made to weigh you down and spend one week in the wilderness.
Not that much of a challenge - I do that already, and I can't do the starvation thing as I'm in 31.25, and not sleeping for a week is something I do regularly. C'mon, Bay12 - ARE YOU DORF OR ARE YOU ELF? DO YOUR WORST!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2012, 12:08:38 am »

Never mind about that proclamation of success. I relapsed and killed an entire goblin village, then made rings, amulets, and decorations for my pick from their teeth. What is my punishment? Make it severe, though. By now I'm almost immortal and can oneshot most megabeasts, so what punishment is in store for me?

You must store all your armor and weapons in a place you shall decide, wear everything you made to weigh you down and spend one week in the wilderness.
Not that much of a challenge - I do that already, and I can't do the starvation thing as I'm in 31.25, and not sleeping for a week is something I do regularly. C'mon, Bay12 - ARE YOU DORF OR ARE YOU ELF? DO YOUR WORST!

You must find a way to cripple yourself. Remove a arm, a leg. Become blind. You must be forever crippled in a way that should you be attacked or the urge to kill comes, you simply cant.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2012, 12:11:52 am »

Burn yourself.  Repeatedly.  Afterwards, try to find something that can't kill ( like, a honey badger ) but can beat the tar out of you.  Set preference to "stand ground".  When you're battered, then maybe you have atoned. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2012, 12:16:17 am »

Burn yourself.  Repeatedly.  Afterwards, try to find something that can't kill ( like, a honey badger ) but can beat the tar out of you.  Set preference to "stand ground".  When you're battered, then maybe you have atoned.
Well, I'm done the burned part (I have no fat left on my body), so I might as well let a BC batter me into oblivion. I will atone shortly.
Sig! Onol

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2012, 12:24:42 am »

Entry 1

My name is Idil Olocengi, and you shall know the truth of my story. 

Mankind is a barbarous race.  The world is a barbarous place.  Yet we have all heard the tales of beauty, of enlightenment, that always seem to exist in a faraway land, or in heaven. 

I have decided to forsake the ways of man, to live as a hermit, a monk.  I shall wander the lands, to find myself.  I shall live a life of pacifism, of reflection, of enlightenment. 

I have started my road to enlightenment, by selling all my weapons, my father's weapons, to a merchant.  All I took in return were 10 berries, for me to eat.  I have nothing but my clothes, and myself.  I shall find food.  Water is everywhere.  To exist, I do not need much.

I have decided to begin my journey by learning the path of nonexistence.  I will remain unseen, by man, beast and otherwise.  When I have abandoned my vanity, and become little more than a shadow, I shall know I have truly changed, and shall continue to change.

The road to enlightenment is hard.  But there is no better goal. 

So yeah, training up ambusher skill, while crawling.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2012, 12:35:38 am »

Starting up now with a twist- I am a pony a pegasus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

None shall hail Flight Peaceluster, instead he shall hail all! A coat of lilac and a cutiemark of a dead field, whatever his past was he is out to set it right through pure pacifism.

So, who bets I will die to a wild horse in 2 minutes?

-Edit-
I hate legendary spearunicorns.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 02:00:55 am by Corai »
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2012, 12:41:27 am »

I'll ebt my compound-fractured legs on it. And my broken arms, and fingers, and torn off testicle, and stomped on toes. Not bad for a Bronze Collosus. By the way, have I atoned yet? I think most of my bones and a few organs are shattered.
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2012, 01:56:12 am »

Also, I think I'm crippled now too, as I have pointed out, my left testicle is gone. Does that count?
Sig! Onol

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2012, 02:11:57 am »

Hmmm...your version has no hunger right?  Alright.  Go for as long as possible without sleep.  Check the wiki for the max level that you can survive.  If you do not go insane, the wonders of the universe shall be opened to you.

Do this, then you are atoned. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2012, 02:17:03 am »

I've been awake for about a month now, so...
Also, the wiki doesn't say. But still, every bone in my body was broken my Dr. BC, so I hope that counts for atonement.
Sig! Onol

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2012, 02:20:06 am »

Okay, it does. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 08:25:16 am »

Hairytoes the Peacebringer has been killed by a goblin ambush.

Pacifism isnt a good idea.

EDIT: Oh, and Hairtoes looked EXACTLY like Cobar from the Draw your Adventures thread.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 08:28:28 am by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »

Related to a set of rules: zombies, vampires and necromancers are all dead, right? They don't eat, drink, sleep... They're abominations, I (personally) wouldn't count them as alive and fair game to a pacifist.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2012, 02:47:34 pm »

Related to a set of rules: zombies, vampires and necromancers are all dead, right? They don't eat, drink, sleep... They're abominations, I (personally) wouldn't count them as alive and fair game to a pacifist.

Zombies are fairgame. Necromancers and vampires are still "alive" in a sense, they can think and do stuff off of freewill, thus not fairgame.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8