Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should necromancers be killed on discovery?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.  (Read 17144 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 07:33:31 pm »

I require punishment my friends, I slew one of my kinsmenbolds in a rash-escape from there adorably tiny spears and bows.
Do Kobolds count?

I'm pretty certain they're on a level with algae.

:P

Kobolds > Goblins.

If goblins count, then kobolds do too. IMHO.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »

Just wanted to say, is it possible to join this order on a temporary basis? I'm currently wandering all over the world, and being as skilled as my adventurer currently is, there's nothing worthwhile to kill except megabeasts, and them barely. All others that attack me I merely cripple to make them go away, ie smash foot. Will you accept my application?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2012, 09:35:44 am »

I require punishment my friends, I slew one of my kinsmenbolds in a rash-escape from there adorably tiny spears and bows.
Kobolds > Goblins.

Then you must do an appropriate pennance for your hubris in believing that the life of one form of creature is superior to others. 

Find at least 5 sentient creatures who know naught but war and discrimination (goblins or animal-men), and do for them a work that shall guide and assist them through this world, supplying food and armor to protect against those who would do harm to them for being different, and try to teach them the ways of peace. 
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »

Just wanted to say, is it possible to join this order on a temporary basis? I'm currently wandering all over the world, and being as skilled as my adventurer currently is, there's nothing worthwhile to kill except megabeasts, and them barely. All others that attack me I merely cripple to make them go away, ie smash foot. Will you accept my application?
Replace feet with toes, and then toes with *nothing*, and that's a yes. I'd say leaving is discouraged, but we won't stop you.
We're pacifists.
We'll just give disapproving stares.
Very many.
And you will feel guilty.

Then you must do an appropriate pennance for your hubris in believing that the life of one form of creature is superior to others. 

Find at least 5 sentient creatures who know naught but war and discrimination (goblins or animal-men), and do for them a work that shall guide and assist them through this world, supplying food and armor to protect against those who would do harm to them for being different, and try to teach them the ways of peace. 
Can you survive for 5 days without sleep? A test fit for a repenting monk.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:46 pm »

Kobolds > Goblins.

find some animal men befriend them then use Dfhack to build up their community. gotcha. oh wait
Can you survive for 5 days without sleep? A test fit for a repenting monk.
or I could do that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2012, 09:01:06 pm »

Kobolds > Goblins.

...Im still waiting for my punishment on killing a kobold. GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE.

Please?
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:54 pm »

Replace feet with toes, and then toes with *nothing*, and that's a yes. I'd say leaving is discouraged, but we won't stop you.
We're pacifists.
Very many.
Would gently helping them into unconciousness be considered pacifistic? Otherwise the bullies won't leave me alone. Then again, every wolf in the world is probably seeking revenge on me for my 400+ =wolf bone bracelets=, earrings, rings, amulets...etc. I'm just a wandering soul looking for repentance, but I guess I'm not at the stage where people forgive me for slaughtering several hundred relatives and then butchering them for their bones, even though I've been making up for it ever since.
Sig! Onol

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:00 pm »

We're pacifists.
Very many.
Would gently helping them into unconciousness be considered pacifistic? Otherwise the bullies won't leave me alone. Then again, every wolf in the world is probably seeking revenge on me for my 400+ =wolf bone bracelets=, earrings, rings, amulets...etc. I'm just a wandering soul looking for repentance, but I guess I'm not at the stage where people forgive me for slaughtering several hundred relatives and then butchering them for their bones, even though I've been making up for it ever since.

Do the ultimate deed of good.

Give every. single. shiny. to a kobold. That hurts, even for me. If you can give that up, without strangling it, your good.

You can go batman on someone if your cornered, but no killing, if you can escape AT ALL. A TINY BIT, you avoid fighting. No weapons either.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:38 pm »

...Im still waiting for my punishment on killing a kobold. GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE.

Please?

That was sort of meant to be punishment for both, but if you believe you must pay more penance...

Find from among the many and varied objects created around the world an item that depicts a kobold in a peaceful act (as in, not in any sort of combat) in an image engraved on that item.  Pay for that item however you can (although without modding in adventurer reactions, knapping stones is about the only economic activity that doesn't involve butchering you can perform...), and that means at least giving items to the keep in which you "exchanged" these items, although there might be an import shop somewhere that has an appropriate art piece you can trade for. 

Give this good to the kobold cave whose member you killed.  Preferably, inside their cave, without fighting your way in (might have to out-sneak them).  Harm anyone, even slightly, and by counter-attacking in reflex, and you'll have to pay the penance over again.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2012, 11:47:03 pm »

They were bandits or a young couple. I do not know of there home, they slew me later. I shall have to use my adventure's "good friend" to finish it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2012, 11:56:03 pm »

We're pacifists.
Very many.

Do the ultimate deed of good.

Give every. single. shiny. to a kobold. That hurts, even for me. If you can give that up, without strangling it, your good.

You can go batman on someone if your cornered, but no killing, if you can escape AT ALL. A TINY BIT, you avoid fighting. No weapons either.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllll....I'll keep my quantum bone jewlery as a sign that I acknowledge that I did those acts and am trying to repent. I'll give a masterwork sharp rock (peacefully) to a kobold if I ever see one, although that's unlikely as I have Legendary +14 observer or something.
Sig! Onol

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2012, 07:40:30 am »

I'm doing a variant - Kill nothing that is alive, but crusade to purge the world of the undead and bury their bodies on consecrated ground. I hope to vanquish a Husk some day.

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2012, 08:25:17 am »

I'm doing a variant - Kill nothing that is alive, but crusade to purge the world of the undead and bury their bodies on consecrated ground. I hope to vanquish a Husk some day.

Sounds good, what do you do about necromancers though?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:56 am »

I thought the point of pacifism was that you can't solve everything (or anything, for that matter) and now you're going to bust his balls over one hole in his plan?

No wonder why pacifists never get anything done.

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:32 pm »

I thought the point of pacifism was that you can't solve everything (or anything, for that matter) and now you're going to bust his balls over one hole in his plan?
If that was directed at me I'm not busting his balls I just want to know how he deals with necromancers.

No wonder why pacifists never get anything done.

Tell it to Gandhi, friend.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8