Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should necromancers be killed on discovery?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.  (Read 17166 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 04:46:26 pm »

Should the spirit of this influence character builds? I mean I know that I always optimize my characters for combat but that doesn't feel super peacy.

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 04:59:49 pm »

Ya, I'd say no weapon skills, ambusher and wrestler instead. Choking an enemy out, or, at the worst, breaking his ankle, is still highly pacifistic, I think ;)
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 05:04:44 pm »

What about Vampires and Werebeasts? Both are technically monsters.
monsters= still living beings what your suggesting is that is it okay to kick wild life around or go murder cave creatures.
Besides zombies kinda do have a soul it just a new soul. It's not at all like breaking a chair more so like killing a unknown man that unit wasn't known to you so it would be place down in history fully but will be listed under your total kills.

if you are going to go full elf best not side step it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »

monsters= still living beings what your suggesting is that is it okay to kick wild life around or go murder cave creatures.
Besides zombies kinda do have a soul it just a new soul. It's not at all like breaking a chair more so like killing a unknown man that unit wasn't known to you so it would be place down in history fully but will be listed under your total kills.

Point he has. Kill list they do show. Kills as they do count.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2012, 06:23:19 pm »

Mercy Gipest, Human monk. I wear only clothes that I have made myself and have sworn never to take a life or lay hands on a weapon. I travel from town to town selling simple clothes of my own creation in exchange for food that keeps with my vegetarian diet and if I ever have more than one gold piece I donate it to the nearest spiritual authority. I sleep only under the stars to remain one with the universe and every week I make a pilgrimage to the lake Water of Steppes remove my clothes and swim up the great river to the Scarlet lakes. So far I have been attacked by lions, harpies, Foul Blendecs and a group of satyrs. I evaded most of them but I had to throw some mud to chase off the blendecs and I had to punch a Satyr in the stomach to dissuade it from coming any further.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »

Point he has. Kill list they do show. Kills as they do count.
Also batman pacifism only works if you are going to fight crime(this doesn't count for pacifism for you are looking to harm someone any way), and even then you need to just ask for surroundings and not ask for assassinations. Batman doesn't go up to people and ask what troubling them he lurks and picks up information on crime that was committed.
also eating plants is a count of harming nature for this is the world that has Ents and no one wants to harm tree ents.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2012, 11:41:40 pm »

I think we need an official deity for this challenge. Armok just isn't into the whole pacifism deal.

Komra, Armok's twin sister/thing that he hides away out of shame? God(dess) of good, pacifism, etc.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 01:30:52 am »

Also batman pacifism only works if you are going to fight crime(this doesn't count for pacifism for you are looking to harm someone any way), and even then you need to just ask for surroundings and not ask for assassinations. Batman doesn't go up to people and ask what troubling them he lurks and picks up information on crime that was committed.
also eating plants is a count of harming nature for this is the world that has Ents and no one wants to harm tree ents.
I see no ents, I hear no screams. Plants are fair game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 01:34:48 am »

plumphelmetmen think of the plumphelmetmen.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 01:45:16 am »

For the vampire poll, I vote beating the crap out of them if absolutely nessesary, but let the peasants do the deed.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 01:54:22 am »

But... Plumphelmetmen eat plump helmets D:

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 05:25:53 am »

For the vampire poll, I vote beating the crap out of them if absolutely nessesary, but let the peasants do the deed.

Letting someone else kill them isn't pacifistic though. I think breaking legs is as far as you can go(maybe follow that with a small forfeit like not eating for a day), and only then if they're faster than you.
Also if peasants beat them to death due to your actions I think you should have to do the normal kill forfeit.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2012, 05:33:56 am »

Letting someone else kill them isn't pacifistic though. I think breaking legs is as far as you can go(maybe follow that with a small forfeit like not eating for a day), and only then if they're faster than you.
Also if peasants beat them to death due to your actions I think you should have to do the normal kill forfeit.
True...If only we could get other people to do it for us...or just not bother, if you're the type of hermit that gives no sh** about people.
Sig! Onol

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:57 am »

I think killing a vampire and ending the curse counts as a mercy kill rather than an act of aggression.

Also this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 03:33:42 pm »

But... Plumphelmetmen eat plump helmets D:
Plumphelmetmen aren't pacifists so they can do what ever they want.

Wow you guys are really looking for ways to excuse killing. breaking their legs in a world where they can't get treatment is like leaving them to die a painfull slow death, shoot your snapping bone marrow and sending shards of it into the muscle and causing them to bleed out internally is justify by spending a day fasting?
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8