Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should necromancers be killed on discovery?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.  (Read 17158 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode challenge: Ultimate pacifism.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 07:37:51 am »

Then pacifism is not the way for you.
It's not. Armok frowns on pacifism, and when Armok frowns, things die. Bloodily.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 07:40:19 am »

Then pacifism is not the way for you.
It's not. Armok frowns on pacifism, and when Armok frowns, things die. Bloodily.
Which is why pacifism is still within acceptable levels of blood God worship. All blood is good blood.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 08:14:12 am »

Maybe pacifism is a kind of crazy I just don't get. But I'll try to tolerate your pacifism while I turn your throat into a blood fountain.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:06 am »

I will be forced to break all of the bones in your body, nursing you back to health whilst reading you pleasant stories from the very depths of kindness if you choose to do so.
So help me, I will declare peace on you.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 08:55:05 am »

Pleasant stories? Oh god no, anything but that. Zombify me now, please!

Btw, do you think zombie are people? I'd say some people are already zombies, so why not ask them?

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 10:49:03 am »

This sounds fun. Think I'll play as a vegan as I think it fits the monk idea better.

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:48 pm »

I need to atone, my actions have lead to 2 deaths, I was raiding a dungeon to liberate equipment to sell for food and was followed out by 2 kobold swordsman who were promptly hacked to death by the keeps lawgiver, you can either suggest a forfeit or I'll wander into the wilderness for a fortnight.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 02:56:07 pm »

On zombies - zombies don't have a soul, and come about after death, and aren't considered people, normally.  It's like breaking a chair - not living or having sentience or a soul or anything, you aren't harming a living thing, and it can't feel pain.

However the thralls from some evil clouds tend to still be playable if you are an adventurer, and never died, so they may be something more like taken over by a parasitic being, but still be living creatures for a while, and as such, may be considered still living.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »

I think we need an official deity for this challenge. Armok just isn't into the whole pacifism deal. Anyone have a good genned one in one of their worlds?

The Pantheon thread over in Fortress Mode Discussion has Azkob, Dwarf Goddess of Generosity, Charity, Sacrifice, Poetry, Persuasion, and Speech.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 10:01:54 pm »

I've tried it, left a bandit leader crippled but alive, every time I came within 9 worldmap tiles of that area, she was waiting for me.  I actually have a policy of not doing quests that involve killing a civ member, because that sometimes leads to some peasant in a hamlet never leaving me alone because I killed her brother, and she drags the whole town into attacking me even if I haven't attacked her.  NPC's just can't let go.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:49 am »

I'd probably do a merchant-type run, if my computer ain't broken.

Merchant types are allowed to stay in houses, stay in the city for as long as he has to when shopping, and leaving immediately after that for profit. Then, you must follow the preset road into another town. It might be fun having a few guards with you, but yeah, you must run away from every encounter, use only a dagger for self defense, and when you kill someone, you must go to a temple with a pool and wash your sins away for killing someone. You are not a soldier, after all.

Also, you might want to be encumbered a bit, and only carry as much as your bags can hold (not backpacks).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 11:24:34 am »

I'd probably do a merchant-type run, if my computer ain't broken.

Merchant types are allowed to stay in houses, stay in the city for as long as he has to when shopping, and leaving immediately after that for profit. Then, you must follow the preset road into another town. It might be fun having a few guards with you, but yeah, you must run away from every encounter, use only a dagger for self defense, and when you kill someone, you must go to a temple with a pool and wash your sins away for killing someone. You are not a soldier, after all.

Also, you might want to be encumbered a bit, and only carry as much as your bags can hold (not backpacks).
use a minecart and store all items in it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 04:37:49 pm »

What about Vampires and Werebeasts? Both are technically monsters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 04:38:54 pm »

What about Vampires and Werebeasts? Both are technically monsters.
They come next. They're still technically sentient...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »

I need to atone, my actions have lead to 2 deaths, I was raiding a dungeon to liberate equipment to sell for food and was followed out by 2 kobold swordsman who were promptly hacked to death by the keeps lawgiver, you can either suggest a forfeit or I'll wander into the wilderness for a fortnight.

The second. Also find a kobold cave and leave half your items there. :)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8