Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves won't haul cages to animal stockpile.  (Read 3162 times)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves won't haul cages to animal stockpile.
« on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:53 pm »

I've got a bunch of cages from trading, both empty and occupied that my dwarves don't seem to want to haul down to the animal stockpile, and I cannot figure out why. I tried reconstructing the depot, but that only moved the cages to the edges. There's also an ettin in a cage trap with a similar problem.

Daenyth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves won't haul cages to animal stockpile.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »

Make sure it permits the right materials/qualities and has the empty/non-empty bits at the bottom set.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

It's an animal stockpile; there only choices are to permit cages, traps, and the long list of animals.

Finn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 12:13:38 pm »

It's an animal stockpile; there only choices are to permit cages, traps, and the long list of animals.

Check the extra options on the bottom of that screen.  There is a separate toggle for whether or not an animal stockpile will accept empty cages.
I thought 'complained about the draft lately' meant they didn't have a door to their room.

CodexDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • [SARCASTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

If your depot is outside then you need to enable the "Dwarves gather from outside" option to haul filled cages.
Finely minced dwarven wine... what?

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »

I figured it out. There's an option for "dwarves haul animals" that was turned off. I probably turned it off when they kept going after stray pasture animals and got attacked by raven corpses, and left it that way when it didn't work. Instead it seems to be a universal toggle for all animal stockpiles. Weird.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:19:48 am »

It's a very useful toggle if you don't want them to collect and reload cage traps
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.