Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Diablo 3: Discuss the stupid  (Read 5244 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Diablo 3: Discuss the stupid
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:45:11 am »

This thread is an attempt to break off some of the (totally enlightened) discussions about why D3 is bad, you should hate it, it will give you cancer, bring about the apocalypse and get Mitt Romney elected.

Ok ok, maybe not all that. Use this thread for your discussions/bitching about always-online, the perceived dumbing down on the game, cartoony characters and storyline and how Deckard Cain got your sister pregnant.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Diablo 3: Discuss the stupid
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:46:22 am »

Or just use the other thread for it.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:49 am »

People are complaining that all the complaining is getting in the way of any discussion of the actual game. It wouldn't be the first time we've had to do this, especially when the game is controversial.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56:22 am »

People complain about everything. Generally the people who complain about people not liking D3 in the D3 thread are the same people that jump into another games thread for the sole reason of saying it's shit and they wont be buying it.

My point being that every game with a thread on these forums needs two threads now I guess. One for people to discuss the game, and another for people to say how great the game is without any meanies disagreeing with them.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:18:11 am »

My only gripe about D3 is the fact they are trying to turn it into a milkable cashcow like WoW.

Everything else just deriviates from that one gripe.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:19:48 am »

Would you say its udderly ridiculous?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:24:29 am »

My main gripe is that it's 60 dollars whereas TL2 will be 20 :P

I kid, it is an AAA game after all, but I'm one of a class of people that worked for half a year to buy a laptop that can play some games and really doesn't have 60 dollars to plop down on a video game.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:28:22 am »

I complain about server instability. Getting kicked from the game when you have a high bandwidth connection and low latency is mindboggling. Let's hope it's a temporary issue.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:28:55 am »

I complain about server instability. Getting kicked from the game when you have a high bandwidth connection and low latency is mindboggling. Let's hope it's a temporary issue.

Yeah.  Breaks immersion all to hell when that happens.  This has been my only real complaint so far.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:38:58 am »

The always on-line thing is annoying though. My only option for internet-connection is a Wifi-router and a spotty wireless connection. Spotty as in, connection drops every so often and just long enough to drop me out of a game. Before you all shower me with helpful advice, I do have to add that I tried everything. Everything. From custom firmware to different routers to different physical placement locations of my desktop, ... The only thing I haven't tried is actually resorting to demolition / reconstruction of the house I live in. But that isn't going to happen. Moving out won't either, not for a few years at least.

So, I am stuck with not being able to play Diablo 3. But with some luck, the game servers might still be online in a few decades. So, I'm gonna keep my money and invest it in other games. Like Grim Dawn. And I recently found my old copy of Titan Quest Gold again. I'm good.

Now, if someone decides that the new XCOM needs an always-online-strap-on, I will go rant and rave about it full-throttle.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 10:01:28 am »

I'm stuck without D3 because I have barely any connection to speak of. It really grinds my gears that Blizzard is a-ok with dropping everyone like me.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 10:12:29 am »

Well the invasive DRM, Auction House accepting real money for items ETC come directly from the idea of turning D3 into another WoW.
Thay must be absolutely sure you won't dupe any items otherwise the whole idea of a AH (where Activision takes revenue from all transactions) will collapse into a steaming pile of fail.
That's the real and only reason for the invasive DRM.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 10:22:36 am »

I can't help it. I think it's genetic. My dad is like the ninja-master of terrible puns and after a few decades it's started to rub off on me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 10:23:31 am »

While I find it sorta silly how people are complaining so much about it, I feel people complaining about Diablo 3 have far more relevant and significant reasons to complain about it then the people who feel the need to protect it. They may be complaining a lot, but they have quite reasonable reasons for it.

I don't understand why some people feel the need to be white knights for Diablo 3. Starting this thread with sarcastic remarks about the people complaining about it is really silly considering how the people who feel the need to protect it at all costs are standing out as the most unreasonable party:

This thread is an attempt to break off some of the (totally enlightened) discussions about why D3 is bad, you should hate it, it will give you cancer, bring about the apocalypse and get Mitt Romney elected.

Ok ok, maybe not all that. Use this thread for your discussions/bitching about always-online, the perceived dumbing down on the game, cartoony characters and storyline and how Deckard Cain got your sister pregnant.

Compared to:

Well the invasive DRM, Auction House accepting real money for items ETC come directly from the idea of turning D3 into another WoW.
Thay must be absolutely sure you won't dupe any items otherwise the whole idea of a AH (where Activision takes revenue from all transactions) will collapse into a steaming pile of fail.
That's the real and only reason for the invasive DRM.

x60 = Other diablo thread.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:25:11 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 10:40:34 am »

If you've read the other thread, you'd know I'm actually one of the complainers. I figured a little levity was in order. Because in the end, other than the consumer rights issue, this is all SRS BZNS.
Pages: [1] 2 3