No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262889 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4455 on: February 13, 2013, 03:52:48 am »

For reference, I am referring to slippers that resemble these:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and NOT like these

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wierd would never create abominations like those for himself. NEVER. Like the former, sure-- 52degrees F cold stone floors in the dead of the night dont feel too cozy, and house slippers would be really nice. But NO cinderella-esqe shenanigans!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: February 13, 2013, 10:11:52 am »

As the others laughed at the beast stuck in the ground, Eric began to sweat. He struggled to find the mind of the creature, and without the direct support of the gods' will, as he was now more their enemy than even their pawn, his capacity to think for himself and direct the will of others became limited and exhaustive as it relied solely upon his own skill in magic, of which he had nearly none. In all reality, the creature might not even have much of a mind. In an attempt to even comprehend it's emotional state, he could tell only that it's nervous system was an enormous train-wreck, impulses flying back and forth between several cancerous growths along it's spinal cord, represented to him as fuzzy sensations of motion and shifting "weight" as the activity of it's mind shifted. The creature freed itself, and peered back up at it's opponents, whom were still eyeballing it.

Spontaneously, Eric lashed out, leapt down from his post, and slashed at the beast's flank with his pick. The creature succeeded in leaping just enough to only take a slight wound to it's thigh, and promptly kicked Eric in the face, sending him careening the much smaller man back into the wall. With him lying stunned, the beast pounced again, clawing at him with it's lopsided paw, which he attempted to block with his pick. The parry was successful in directing the force away from his face, but instead it fell upon his arm, which was badly mangled. Ironblood leapt down and charged the beast...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: February 13, 2013, 12:29:46 pm »

The creature let go of Eric's arm to attack Ironblood, but was quickly killed.  As Ironblood lowered his weapon, he shouted towards Mita, "Soldier!  Why did you set off the alarm for the largest creatures, this one is less than a meter!"

Mita shouted from his post, "It was larger when...MOVE NOW!"

Ironblood and Eric whipped around, the formerly dead creature being disassembled into a black liquid that was forming into a different shape.  The form of the Soulsmith.

[Information: whenever killed, this creature will reform into one of the powerful entities that its killer has previously faced, or the thing that is most feared by what killed it.]
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »

[oh really? Yes, really? OK THEN! I got this! Mary Sue Powers ACTIVATE!]

Mumbling incoherent half-sentences about crazy bullshit going on, being cold, and about being half-naked, wierd tugged on the cuff of the glove on his right hand as a blinding blue-white flash temporarily came alight, like the arc from a welder's torch.

Immediately afterward, the misshapen creature in its new form, now encased in several inches of ice, and dropping thin veils of frozen vapor like a waterfall, continued forward from its momentum, hit the chill winter ground, and cracked in two.

Wierd kicked the frozen corpse, only to jump back with a yelp as from amidst the ruin of its corpse, another black glob coalesced into the shape of one of thari's rat creatures.... only much larger.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: February 13, 2013, 01:56:12 pm »

[I wonder, if hugo kills this, who will show up, the big bad or Clockwork Hugo?]
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: February 13, 2013, 06:49:05 pm »

[Clearly the only possible course of action is to restrain the rodent!]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: February 13, 2013, 07:46:11 pm »

[I'm more of a "take a piece of card and a cup and put the spider outside" kind of person. Or if it's one of those little wispy ones with the long legs, I just grab it, they don't seem to bite. But I never actually fought CW per se; Wierd, Zanz, and Corai are the only ones to directly engage him if I recall correctly. But maybe just conflict counts too...]

Hugo sputtered. "Was it just... the freaking Soulsmith a second ago?" Ironblood seemed very alarmed, so he was inclined to believe. "Shit!"

Vemini, having no idea of the significance of either of these forms, merely strode up and put his metal fist through the rat's brain. Again it melted into black goop again, and again it reformed... into a tall elven woman.  "It cannot be!" The metal elf seemed frozen with shock and fear.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:22 pm »

Wierd's face hardened into a block of crimson rage.

He had never seen ...her... in her youth, as this visage was manifesting, but all the outlines and signs pointed at just one creature.

"I sealed your *%#@*ing ^%$*-ASS! You &^@$^!" He roared in fury. Epithets and vulgarities falling like rain in the monsoon season spewing from him as he stormed behind the reformed creature, and in a fit of hyper-adrenalized dwarven rage, grabbed the back of her high roprereed collar of her ornate bodice, and drug her backwards away from the doorway and out into the goopy mud of the fortress's lawn, the elven doppleganger thrashing, clawing, and kicking wildly, but unable to reach behind where the dwarf had latched on.

"Somebody get me a %$#&ing stick!" He roared. "This Bitch is going BACK IN THE GROUND!"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:21:35 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: February 13, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

[Zanz, does this thing have all the abilities of whatever it duplicates? Because Thari had some particularly nasty magic, and before that was a fairly powerful druid.]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:21:55 pm by HugoLuman »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »

[I dunno.. but most of thari's powers required either line of sight or skin contact. Where weird has hold of her is in that unreachable spot on one's back. He's short, because he's a dwarf, and so she can't reach him.  He has her slung "santa sack" style over his shoulder, and is dragging her backwards out onto the lawn.  He is of the presumption that some stupid fuck in the microcline tower damaged her seal, and let her out. He will likely storm off that way after sealing "her" again, to give askak a piece of his mind. LOL.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: February 13, 2013, 08:39:47 pm »

[I meant more like more run-of-the-mill elven combat magic that she didn't feel deserved a treatise, like manipulating vines and roots.]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:21 pm »

[She can try it all she wants. Weird is beyond merely being angry. He is at the "damnit all!" Stage of blind, unthinking fury. She tries magic, there's gonna be a black and cherry red glowing pool on the lawn.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: February 13, 2013, 09:11:47 pm »

[Zanz, does this thing have all the abilities of whatever it duplicates? Because Thari had some particularly nasty magic, and before that was a fairly powerful druid.]

[Yes.  And whats worse, if someone killed it once, that person cannot harm it in the slightest again...I think there is an SCP like that.  Anyway]

Rather than trying to fight its way out, the creature deformed and reformed out of reach of the dwarf that was formerly holding it captive.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:13:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »

Wierd's appearance deepened from impossibly red, to anurism purple, rendering him completely incapable of speech.

Wordlessly, he snatched at the dry, dead stem of a tall lawn weed, tugged it out of the ground, and began drawing a large circle............

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: February 13, 2013, 09:48:58 pm »

When Wierd completed the circle, despite etching it how he always had and receiving no interference from the creature, nothing happened.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 306