No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262912 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4440 on: February 11, 2013, 08:15:02 pm »

"There is one explanation that I have.  However, it is extremely unlikely."

"Why is that?"

"The species should be extinct."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: February 11, 2013, 09:03:34 pm »

HugoLuman cocked his head. "So... you're saying he's not a human with something shapeshifting him into a lion at all... but a lion with something shapeshifting him into a human?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: February 12, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »

"Incorrect.  There were two races whom warred across the multiverse, long ago.  These were the original planeswalkers, one being catfolk, the other being draconic humans.  It was so long ago, that nearly all of the planes that the battles were fought upon have passed from existence, but of those that remained we were able to glean some information.  There were two great warriors on either side, the catfolk one able to minorly manipulate space, the draconic one able to minorly manipulate time.  They had met before the conflict and had actually become friends, but when they entered the conflict, the ties that had once been between them were severed.  The draconic warrior came towards his race's mindset that they were the masters of the multiverse, which the catfolk also believed.  However the warrior of the catfolk slowly began to fall away from that idea, soon realizing the futility of the war, and began to be disheartened with the conflict.  When he had met his friend once again, he had created a plan.  During the battle, the catfolk mages launched a spell that had been devised by the warrior.  This locked the two warriors into separate rings that were surrounded by a crystal.  Unbeknown to the mages, the spell also reduced the rest of both races to dust, and sent the sparks carried by them across space-time, occurring at random amongst the 'lesser' races."

The dragonic general cleared his throat before continuing, "It is possible that the Corporal has found the ring of the catfolk warrior, but I sincerely doubt it, due to this multiverse having any known access to the multiverse where the catfolk and draconic humans warred.  In fact, before the plane where we came from came into existence, we don't think there was any bridge.  However, if he did find one of the rings, the draconic warrior may be out there as well.  If that is true, the draconic warrior may seek a way to reconstitute his race to conquer the multiverse, utilizing active planeswalker sparks.  If that happens, the catfolk may reconstitute as well, and the war that the ancient warrior sought to prevent from destroying the multiverses could begin again."

Hugo was about to respond when the mutant alert alarm went off.

Mita looked out over the wreck site from his post.  He when he looked in with his scope, he noticed two mutants battling, possibly for territory.  When it was over, one was forced out of the site, on the side of the fort.  It's rage seemed to boil over, coming in direction of the closest thing that its anger could be taken out on, the fort.

"Here we go again," said Mita as he quickly reached the alarm.  "I wonder if the wreck is out of room, because this is getting ridiculous!"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:26:31 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: February 12, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »

[Of course the wreck is out of room, it's a crater. Not so much "wreck" as "crash site."]

HugoLuman was unsettled by this information. For the first time in weeks, the fear of being watched returned to him again; the knowledge that they were all playing a long, deadly game against their wills. He sincerely hoped that whatever vindictive being was playing with them saw them like dwarf fortress: not seeing the words of conversations, just that they were taking place. With what had just been said here, their enemy may just well have found another way to unleash a shitstorm on their heads. "Oh, well, I'd better go see. I'll let Gizogin know about that. Don't move that neck too much, okay?"

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: February 12, 2013, 10:32:04 pm »

Hugo wasn't in his room, though weird didn't really blame him for not staying in there all day. He was his own man..dragon..thing.. and had his own things to do every day, afterall. The outstanding feature he had hoped to cash in on, was however present.

Hugo's room was quite large, and made to accommodate him at his present size, (more or less, mostly less, but the removal of unusable furniture had secured more floorspace), and difficult to keep heated, as such a brazier had been installed, both as a light source, but also as a means to keep the underground room somewhat heated, thoiugh carbon monoxide poisoning was always a factor with such things.

Said brazier was only part of what he had come to capitalize on however; Hugo's recent communications with the 4 legged menace had emboldened the creatures to allow themselves some leeway in being visible, and not hiding in the walls. (A fact that quickly reversed with his entrance however, as they quickly scampered back to hiding places in a panic. Weird wasn't concerned by that; He knew they were watching, and that was all he wanted.)

He huffed, held the disgusting, moldered leather-bound tome up in the smoldering light of the brazier, opened it, tore out a tiny wordless corner of velum, and let it drop to the floor, then made a definite show of putting the offensive item into the burned down coals, and stoking it alight with the newly added "fuel".  Within a few minutes, a nasty smelling whispy cloud was puffing out the open door and into the hallway, and the book it came from was an unsalvagable mound of black ashen leaves in the midst of white charcoal ashes, curling and crackling in the consuming heat of the fire.

"There." He said indignantly into the gloomy room's shadowy corners. "It's done."

Then the bell went off.

"Godsdamn it all!" He shouted angrily. "'I'm not even ^%$ing dressed yet!"

In a fume of riteous anger, the dwarven necromancer scurried back down the hall for his gloves. It was worktime in the fortress.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:48 pm »

Running into Wierd as they both exited the fort, HugoLuman asked "Did you..."

"Yes. And they're all in your room, by the way."

Eric walked up to Mita, who had spotted the creature and was currently watching it through his scope. The other two watchmen had joined him. "What do we have today, gentlemen?"

"Looks like... a squirrel. About average size for the mutants, not huge like the last one. Hold on... oh, yes, and claws on right front about a meter long. As you can see for yourself, it's moving this way at about... oh..."

"Bloody fast" Ironblood finished for him.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:53 pm »

Weird hated going into battle dressed in his PJs. He looked positively rediculous, and would surely be the talk of the fortress. And not in the good way.  Regardless, circumstances seemed hell bent on painting him as a crackpot loony, escaped from the funny-farm, and were currently inescapable. He could either ask rather stupidly if he could run back inside and get properly dressed, or he could assist in doing battle against a giant mutant squirrel dressed only in a pigtail long nightshirt, a pair of boxer shorts, and some fuzzy blue crochet house slippers.

If he survived this, he would surely get a tounge lashing from from eric.

Pushing those thoughts aside, he tugged the only really situation-appropriate attire he had on over his hands on the cold winter air, and did his best to ignore the cold wind billowing between his legs. Time enough to be the butt of jokes and crude comentary later........

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:17 am »

[wierd, I am truly sorry for what I'm about to do.]

Lana popped into the fortress courtyard.  "Yo, wierd, we might have a—"  She stopped.  The sight before her stole all the words from her mouth, replacing them with the beginnings of a raucous bout of laughter.  She bent over double, tears streaming down her face.  "You," she choked, "in the... and your... slippers!"

Wierd gave her a flat look.  Eric, Mita, and Hugo shared a look of bemusement.  "Are you quite done?" the necromancer asked when Lana's laughter seemed to have abated somewhat.  It didn't last long, however; as soon as she looked up again, the sight of wierd in a nightshirt and slippers sent her straight back into her fit.

Eventually, the cambion did manage to get herself under control.  Wiping her eyes, she said, "Sorry.  Sorry.  What's going on here?"
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:06 am »

HugoLuman's pupils narrowed to slits. "Lana, DUCK!"

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38:25 am »

"What?"  Lana whipped around.  "I'm pretty sure that's a squi—"

Something flew through the space that, until a split second before, had been occupied by Lana's head.  The woman herself reappeared a few feet to the left, her golden hair shimmering in the light.  "Woah, we got a live one here!" she laughed.  "Heads up!"
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: February 13, 2013, 01:48:04 am »

"What?"  Lana whipped around.  "I'm pretty sure that's a squi—"
[I knew, I just KNEW that was coming. Some kind of fundamental force of the universe demanded it, I swear.]

The claws on the right hand were fairly enormous, but 3 feet of keratin on one side didn't do much for the creature's balance. The ungainly pounce ended with the claws stuck fully in the ground and the mutant shaking furiously to dislodge them.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: February 13, 2013, 02:26:41 am »

[I'm pretty sure it's a law of nature, yeah.]

The squirrel-thing made for an amusing sight as it tried to pry itself out of the ground.

"So, uh, what do we do with it?  It'll get itself free soon."  Lana rubbed at the back of her neck.  "I could torch it, I guess.  Burning fur stinks something awful, though."
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:48 am »

[Can't Eric use his powers of suggestion and say something like "Sit the fuck down" at it?]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: February 13, 2013, 02:37:07 am »

"...Tell me about it..."

wierd murmured under his breath.  The past three months, he had endured countless exposures to that particularly foetid stench after disposing of peeper's leftovers. The memory of it was painfully fresh in his mind.

[wierd can flash freeze it you know? Not sure if I should end the scene so Mary Sue style though.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: February 13, 2013, 03:04:42 am »

[I dunno what we're gonna do now.  I'm turning in for the morning, though, so it'll have to be without me.]
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 306