No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262957 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4290 on: January 11, 2013, 09:34:56 pm »

[Well, Lana's teleport isn't exactly long-range, but since there's no cooldown on it, she can rapidly teleport short distances for nearly the same effect.  Momentum can become an issue, however.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: January 11, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »

ninja'd
[I had been about the size of a grizzly bear, still pretty huge, but maybe dragons are like crocodiles, growing throughout their lives.]

"Well, I'd been thinking, the month being roughly equivalent to December, and all of us having been through so much, and you being undoubtedly the best cook among us..."

Wierd didn't seem to be listening.

"You know, I'm still bound to your life-force. I can sense that something is seriously messed up. You've been withdrawn lately, much more so than usual."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: January 11, 2013, 09:56:18 pm »

Weird sighed. Christmas... it wasn't something his family ever did, so it completely slipped his mind. He wondered what Hugo would want, given his... unique.. dietary requirements. Goose? Turkey? Ham? Because traditional things like a yule log cake, christmas pudding, and christmas candies like fudge and peanut brittle were pretty much off his menu unless he wanted to vomit horribly for hours afterwards... poor guy.

"Sorry.. I just... have a lot on my mind lately. Eric and the others think I'm going senile, crazy, or outright stark raving mad, but seriously, I have been getting acosted by horrible vermin lately. The kind that knows what labnotes are, and actively destroys them. Worse than fucking gremlins! Peepers has been eating them whenever he can, but there seems to be no end to them. I don't suppose you've seen any though...."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:53 pm »

"Nope, but I'll take your word for it. There's been a strong vermin-y smell around your room recently, wondered about it. Where would they be coming from, though? Haven't seen any mutations smaller than a dog."

"Oh, it all started about four months ago. Neighbors wanted me to get rid of a pest problem for them... turns out, it was exactly what I should have expected to find in Thari's tower."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: January 11, 2013, 10:29:24 pm »

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Hugo.

"Think about it. Batshit mad torturer and experimenter on living flesh.... what do biologists typically experiment on?"

"Rats?..."

"EXACTLY....."

Hugo looked down at him with a kinked neck. His eyelidless gaze was as usualy quite inscruitable, but his posture suggested 'worried curiosity.'

"What kind of experiments?" He asked after a moment.

"The kind only somebody like Thari would come up with. My examinations of their corpses suggests the have.....characteristics and traits... of at least 7 different animal species, and some botanical aspects... they are mean, relentless, and apparently, viciously intelligent."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: January 11, 2013, 11:18:54 pm »

"Well, that's certainly not unexpected from Thari's labs." Eric piped up after Hugo's interruption was paused by his contemplation of this news. "Whenever you want to talk about getting your lab moved, come find me. I'll try to get my bugs to patrol your lab, if that's alright. Rodents are high in protein, I should think, and the centipedes probably won't cause much trouble the rats couldn't already."

With Hugo and Wierd now continuing their conversation, Eric wandered off to finish preparations for the new gate, and get construction underway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: January 12, 2013, 12:08:58 am »

[Zanz, I still don't know what's actually happening with Mita.  I don't know if you want to PM me the details or just write the interaction yourself, but whatever you decide, I'm kinda locked down until you do.]

Gizogin and Lana made their way back to the fortress proper, keeping up a brisk pace until they were within the comparative safety of its walls.  There appeared to be some commotion over by the corpse of a mutant beast of some kind. 

"Bloody things keep getting inside," Gizogin muttered.  "Lana, head down to the hospital.  X wanted to speak with you when you got back.  It looks like I might be needed up here."

With no more than a moment's delay, Lana flashed away to the depths of the fortress, leaving Gizogin to make his way over to where Hugo and wierd were involved in deep conversation.

"Excuse me," he said, taking advantage of a momentary pause in their speech, "what happened here?"
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: January 12, 2013, 02:13:44 am »

Vemini kicked a hunk of bloody shell. "Mutant pond turtle. I think. Bashed through the gate. Should think of making next one out of something not wooden. The man recruit wanted to talk to you about the... his.. something. Problem."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:39 am »

[So, as a refresher, we are a remote settlement, our only neighbors a tower of mutant elves and a tribe of kobolds led by one of our own. The nearest human settlement is 100 miles away, and the mountain homes are across the ocean.]

We also have Horrigan's camp somewhere. No idea where exactly, though.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: January 13, 2013, 12:59:19 am »

[So, as a refresher, we are a remote settlement, our only neighbors a tower of mutant elves and a tribe of kobolds led by one of our own. The nearest human settlement is 100 miles away, and the mountain homes are across the ocean.]

I thought that was another subdimension....

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: January 13, 2013, 09:18:44 pm »

I thought that was another subdimension....

How many do we have?  Also, you forgot that island of breakoff Thari followers around 2-3 miles of the southeastern coast.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:18 pm »

Oh, believe me I haven't. We just haven't come into contact with them yet, aside from a dead scout.

Are we gonna pressgang the boatload when they arrive, or let them go back to the mountainhome?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: January 13, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »

[More hands can't hurt, though of course we'll have to screen them for anything undesirable.]
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: January 14, 2013, 12:48:29 am »

[And pressganging them might not be too good for loyalty.]

[Anyway, continue the scene Gizogin. I have an idea to kick off the Holiday Special.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: January 14, 2013, 12:52:26 pm »

X considered the figure now vying for his attention.  He was humanoid, but only just.  His legs bent oddly, almost backwards, and his face was decidedly strange.  His ears were pointed, his nose and mouth had formed what could only be described as a muzzle, and the entire thing was surrounded by a ruff of thick hair.  Put together with the fine coat of fur, the whole appearance could only be described as leonine.

"Yes?" he asked, turning his attention away from his bench for the moment.  If the person standing before him was some sort of werelion, especially if he was still in control of his faculties, it was much more important than a bit of routine maintenance.

"As you've no doubt noticed, I seem to have turned into a lion.  I was hoping you'd be able to shed some light on the situation."

"I'll see what I can do," X replied, declining to mention that he was really more of a half-lion, or perhaps a hybrid creature of some kind.  He gestured for his guest to follow, then headed for the back of the hospital, where screens had been set up to give the individual beds some privacy.

"The name's Mita, by the way," the lion-man said.  X gave his own name, then instructed Mita to strip down.

"I need to know the extent of the transformation," he explained, "which means a full examination.  No armor, no clothes, no jewellery or ornamentation."

Gizogin got the short version of the story from Hugo, while wierd stood muttering to himself, his eyes darting back and forth across the ground.  Apparently, the beast had simply smashed its way through the gates before the ragtag militia had managed to put it down.  Eric was overseeing the repair and fortification of the walls.

"I swear, they're getting more aggressive every day," he concluded.

Gizogin grunted in agreement.  "Has anyone tried to retrace its path?" he asked.  After the first few such attacks, the forumites had concluded that the sudden increase in beasts like this couldn't have been a coincidence.  They had tried to determine the source of the creatures, but so far had been unable to get anything concrete.  It was beginning to look like a lost cause.

"We've got a team on it now," Hugo said, but his tone mirrored Gizogin's pessimism.

"Alright.  Let me know if they find anything."

"Will do."

With that, Gizogin continued on his way to the fortress proper.  He hadn't eaten since early that morning, and was desperate for a bite to eat.

"Well, that was odd," Mita commented.  He was standing in a pile of his clothes and armor, thoroughly naked and entirely human.  X had left him alone to undress, only to return to find him no longer transformed.  It was rather annoying.

"How long have you been transformed?" X asked.

"Quite a while now," Mita answered.

"Have you changed in that time?"

"Yes."

X continued his line of questioning, trying to find some possible explanation for his sudden transformation and equally sudden return to normalcy.  Simultaneously, his mind ran through his own observations from the estimated time of transformation, as well as a few hours on either side, to see if there were any commonalities.  An unexplained surge in magical activity, for example.  He came up with a number of possible explanations, but none seemed to quite mesh with the facts.

"And you're sure you've told me everything?" he asked.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Hmm.  Well, until I can be sure of the situation, you will remain under observation here.  One of the G-Bodies will be over shortly with a hospital gown and further instructions."
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 306