No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 263004 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4125 on: September 20, 2012, 07:21:27 am »

"An abnormality in weather was spotted in Tulsa today, as a storm cloud suddenly started raining napalm all over the city. The cause for this is currently not known."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 20, 2012, 03:03:51 pm »

"Could it be an act of God?"

"Nah, probably just another engineer throwing a tantrum."
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 24, 2012, 01:51:20 am »

[Off topic to build up enthusiasm for on-topic posting:

You are locked in a Toys R Us with 19 other people. There is no way out until just 1 person remains alive. Lights are cut, front door and windows completely blocked and opaque. Choose 5 items found in the store. What is your strategy?]
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 24, 2012, 08:11:47 am »

Quietly distribute legos across sections of hallway. Whoever trips gets beaten with a baseball bat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lennoxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 24, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »

I would try to provoke a fight between them all. Then I would make an improvised weapon and try to attack when the dust settles.

I'll try to see if I can read through this all and see if I can join or not.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:38:11 pm by Lennoxite »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:20 am »

I got a sudden inspiration for the story, hopefully I can get to it after I'm done at grad fair!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:44 pm »

[Items: butane powered soldering iron from the woodcrafts section. Trashcan of paper rubbish from near the exit. Baseball bat. Fire extinguisher(dry chemical). Wetted beachtowel.]

[Method: close water shutoff valves to the emergency fire supression sprinkler system. Remove tip from butane powered soldering iron, cut through high voltage panel at rear of store. Throw main breaker. Cut power cables with torch, and lay on floor near the emergency exit. Jam exit with baseball bat.. With remaining water pressure, wet beach towel. Wrap towel around head. Use butane soldering iron on one of the sprinkler heads, until the bismuth brace junction pops. With the water pressure off, the other sprinklers won't engage yet, and this one will just gush then dribble. Ignite trashcan, and position near tall display of plastic toys. Inferno rapidly ensues. Other "contestants" seek the emergency exit. Activate the power switch, then flee to the water shutoff valve. When all 5 other contestants have begun jamming themselves at the exit door to escape the fire, activate the water valve. Wood and plastic ashes from the fire mixes with the emergency sprinker water, increasing the saline content, and thus the conductivity. The ashen water bridges the circuit with the building's high voltage lead, electrocuting the other contestants. Use fire extinguisher to enter storage section of the store, where there is more concrete and less open space and combustible materials. Wait for suppression system to supress fire. Claim victory.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 25, 2012, 10:27:09 pm »

[But if it's given that everyone's sealed in for a fight to the death, why would they bother with the emergency exit, or wait for a fire alarm to try it?]

Edit: don't want to double post. Someone help me out here.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:50:49 pm by HugoLuman »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:07 am »

[Items: butane powered soldering iron from the woodcrafts section. Trashcan of paper rubbish from near the exit. Baseball bat. Fire extinguisher(dry chemical). Wetted beachtowel.]

[Method: close water shutoff valves to the emergency fire supression sprinkler system. Remove tip from butane powered soldering iron, cut through high voltage panel at rear of store. Throw main breaker. Cut power cables with torch, and lay on floor near the emergency exit. Jam exit with baseball bat.. With remaining water pressure, wet beach towel. Wrap towel around head. Use butane soldering iron on one of the sprinkler heads, until the bismuth brace junction pops. With the water pressure off, the other sprinklers won't engage yet, and this one will just gush then dribble. Ignite trashcan, and position near tall display of plastic toys. Inferno rapidly ensues. Other "contestants" seek the emergency exit. Activate the power switch, then flee to the water shutoff valve. When all 5 other contestants have begun jamming themselves at the exit door to escape the fire, activate the water valve. Wood and plastic ashes from the fire mixes with the emergency sprinker water, increasing the saline content, and thus the conductivity. The ashen water bridges the circuit with the building's high voltage lead, electrocuting the other contestants. Use fire extinguisher to enter storage section of the store, where there is more concrete and less open space and combustible materials. Wait for suppression system to supress fire. Claim victory.]

In a way it's creepy you can just think of something like that. Like something Evil McGyver would come up with :D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 26, 2012, 04:14:51 pm »

[I am an ill-tempered engineer. I have engineering services (room) all to myself each night. Alone with my thoughts and embittered hatred of bullshit, I concieve of many terrible, terrible things. I am perhaps the last person you would want to have fall asleep in the brain booster machine from forbidden planet. The things I imagine are perfectly rational, and horrible. Thankfully I am too nice to actually do any of these types of things. :D ]

[As for why the people would react the ways I stated in the diabolical plan... people are conditioned since childhood how to behave during a fire. A fire is a stressful situation, placed on top of the already existing situation provided. (Darkness, everyone out to get you, no escape.) This precludes rational thought in most people, so the revelation that the emergency exit will not open will not cross their minds. Instead, the thought will be "must escape!". Because of this, the vast majority of "contestants" will seek the nearest opening, and waste valuable time and effort attempting egress, as the fire builds around them.  Being the creator of the fire, and having taken precautions against it, I, the arsonist, will not bug out unless trapped in my own trap. Careful planning will help to ensure that this does not happen. The vast majority of the contestants will promptly forget about the rules of the "contest", and in the light of the fire, exclaim where the exit is. As such, the majority will congregate near the emergency fire exit, where the naked power cables have been deployed. Opening the brace on the suppression system *before* setting the fire ensures that the supression system *will* engage when the valve is opened. Don't leave things to chance if it can be avoided.]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 26, 2012, 07:05:32 pm »

[I would never get that creative with killing people...

Anyway, I found something very interesting while looking at a MSDS sheet for sugar:

Came form here: http://www.hummelcroton.com/msds/msdsp/sugar_p.html

"First Aid For Ingestion:  If swallowed, call a physician immediately."

The hell are they talking about? "In case of swallowing an entire goddamn crate of pure sugar, inject yourself with a gallon of insulin and get your stomach pumped before you lapse into a coma" sort of ingestion? Or am I thinking of an entirely different form of sugar?]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:07:18 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »

While my characters are rather secondary to the story, I think I might write an update for them one of these days. Kenozi confronts Othob about his fear of the eyes... and perhaps he goes to Wierd and asks if there is 'anything that will let him see while hiding his eyes'. Maybe later today.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 26, 2012, 08:00:00 pm »

[@ Wierd: Again, those who would bug out would do so at the start of the scenario, going for the emergency exits immediately. Those who get their minds in the game and survive long enough to be present when you'd be done setting up your trap probably wouldn't so easily completely forget about their situation. Although it may not seem like it at times, people aren't quite that stupid/insane.

While I'm not saying an inferno wouldn't work, the emergency exit doesn't even come into the equation. If it wasn't already sealed, why wouldn't the other combatants just escape through it? Yours sounds more like a plan for killing everyone in Toys R Us on a normal day. And that might be one of the most evil sentences I've ever typed.]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 26, 2012, 08:53:12 pm »

[@ hugo;  the baseball bat jammed in the fire escape door *IS* physically unnecessary. The door has been rendered inoperable as part of the "contest". Putting in the door, however, gives the impression that removing it will permit escape, which is why it was done. The tendency of paniced people to bumbrush and stampede helps ensure that at the very least, some of the contestants will be trampled prior to the valve being opened. Others who have not attempted the emergency exit trap will likely asphixate on the toxic plastic fumes of the burning toys as they attempt egress through other futile routes. (Front door, windows, vent shaft, etc.) Smoke inhalation is a very fast killer in enclosed spaces, and is the usual cause of death in such cases. The wetted towel helps with this respect, but is not ideal protection. This is why I would seek areas physically isolated from the fire, where th risks of inhalation are diminished as soon as the main water shutoff valve was reopened. Areas that would be good are concrete storage under stairwells. Place the wetted towel under the doorjam once inside. For best results, activate the supression system before the fire reaches uncontrollable levels, and start the fire in the center of the shopping area.]

[Am I the only one with 'dwarven' levels of malevolence in their psyche?]

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »

[Oh, the majority of us in Bay12 have it. We just hide it well.]
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 306