No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 263012 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4080 on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:59 pm »

[Argh, I'm too tired for this.  Sorry, it's just been a really hectic couple of days, and I'm off my game.]

[Hugo, the results of the checkup are really up to you.  I don't know what you want to do with your fire breathing, but whatever it is, it'll probably show up on the scan.]

[As for what Gizogin and Gizo X have, let's see...
The G-Bodies V, VI, VIII, and IX
A tank, filled with various pieces of equipment of pretty much random purpose
A large jar of aspirin (in the hospital, which is still covered in rubble)
Three service droids
A set of iron armor and a warhammer (in the hospital, never been used)
Some clothes
A magic collector and a few prototype Cores (hospital)
A multi-purpose medical scanner
A set of books of magic (hospital)
Many sets of blueprints, drawings, and writings (scattered)
A half-demon half-sister with freaky demon powers]

[Lana herself has the following:
A tent
Clothing
A couple of books of magic
An iron shortsword
Various magic miscellanea (chalk, scrolls and ink, a wand, that sort of thing)
(I know I haven't mentioned any of this stuff before, but she has it anyway)]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: September 01, 2012, 12:27:56 am »

[Hugo, I didn't mean to imply the fortress was a big metropolis. I definitely lost track of time in all the confusion. I don't need to be beaten with a spoon. :P]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: September 01, 2012, 12:39:10 am »

[Sorry. We ought to just set down what, exactly, our for is so none of us get confused.]

I have 1 XX Pigtail fiber loincloth XX (worn)

and some various bits and bobs stashed somewhere currently inaccessible. 2, to be precise.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: September 01, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

[Well, for the actual layout fo the fort, we have;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We had four legendary miners to begin with: Me, Cog, Zanzetkuken, and Maectur.
We have no legndary masons besides Reudh (does magical talent count as legitimate experience?), but we HAD a decent population pool that hadn't much else to do in such a young fort.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: September 01, 2012, 01:12:52 am »

Again, though, what about the picks? Presumably the population would have something else to do, like brewing or woodcutting. The 200 migrants, I think, appeared on the 2nd day. I would argue on the 7-story obsidian tower: that kind of project takes an established fort the best part of a year to set up. Plus, I thought the pump-stacks were horribly damaged. Isn't it just a little obsidian and a lot of scaffolding?

All caverns down to the magma sea being dug past doesn't seem quite right, at least to me.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:38 am »

Poppin' in with a short inventory list for the three of my characters. Spearbreakers is going swimmingly, but I'm yet to do an update for poor old Watchedgleam.

Reudh's inventory:

Muddy and tattered high quality cave spider silk clothing
. His masonry before the ejection brought in decent money.
His flaking punchblade. Made from a stone near the fort. Is in poor condition and is likely of no use in combat.
His cinnabar and other stone hammer. Courtesy of one of Corai's kobolds, who gave him the boulder of cinnabar "for smashing things with."
The eviction papers from the old mountainhome (see earlier in thread, forgot where)
The slade pebble in his top chest pocket. Sentimental.

Metaphysical possessions:
Archie, his power source for masonry.

Othob:
Muddy and very tattered poor quality pig tail clothing.
A spade and a trowel, named Betsy and Annie.

Kenozi:
Do the eyes count as inventory?
Elven-made clothing, now in quite poor condition after the years of torture at Thari's hands. Kenozi is beginning to wear dwarven clothing, but it's ill fitting. He might speak with a clothier, if we have one.
He may request sunglasses from Wierd, but he does not know what they are yet. Wierd might have to take initiative. :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: September 01, 2012, 02:59:49 am »

Oliolli's equipment:
xclothesx (in an eternal state of worn)
Ugonil, artifact slade warhammer
☼Adamantine short sword☼

All that's changed in 252 pages is that his severed left lower leg has been replaced by the sword.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:12 am »

[Since my checkup? No, I'm still waiting on the results of that, plus I need Zanzetkuken to tell me what's in the crystals. If I remember correctly, only one of them is for me.]

The first one was a message to the general to go to the fort and allow you, wierd, and a few other people I know won't try anything into the Slashdiver to hear the other crystal.

The second crystal contains my characters last will and testament (giving the fort the Slashdiver, weaponry, tools, and whatever they need from the dragon civilization), including my name, to properly slab me to prevent my ghost from haunting the fortress.  Due to it using my actual name, I do not want to write the segment up.  Also, throughout the whole thing, you will get a visual of what I saw at the end.  The crystal ends when my character enters the mist, which has the tips of obsidian spikes above it.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: September 01, 2012, 01:08:13 pm »

[Well, since you didn't die at the fort, in fact dying in a whole other world, you'd probably haunt the citadel. I don't see any problem with engraving something in your memory anyway, though. People do leave memorials for other reasons than keeping the dead dead. Seeing as burial also prevents ghosts, it's probably the fear of being forgotten that makes people come back to haunt the living.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: September 01, 2012, 01:15:18 pm »

[Well, since you didn't die at the fort, in fact dying in a whole other world, you'd probably haunt the citadel. I don't see any problem with engraving something in your memory anyway, though. People do leave memorials for other reasons than keeping the dead dead. Seeing as burial also prevents ghosts, it's probably the fear of being forgotten that makes people come back to haunt the living.]

I would say that due to being mentally connected to the crystal at the last moments, my character's essence might follow the crystal due to some sort of link.  That opens the possibility of not engraving a slab and letting the character's ghost materialize at the fortress.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: September 01, 2012, 01:45:07 pm »

[If you wanted to come back in some form, there are many possibilities.  Heck, wierd could probably pull your spirit back into our world.  Of course, he'd need to have a reason for doing so, but that's not too much of an issue.]
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: September 01, 2012, 01:57:06 pm »

[If you wanted to come back in some form, there are many possibilities.  Heck, wierd could probably pull your spirit back into our world.  Of course, he'd need to have a reason for doing so, but that's not too much of an issue.]

I really don't care, due to being able to write as the general and soldier whenever the ghost manages to materialize.  Wierd couldn't pull my character back, because he had made peace with his death before he died, and would refuse wierd's summons to come back to the planet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: September 01, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

[Plus, connections to other universes have been blocked off. You've got 2 characters you can use, anyway. 3 when that engineer recovers.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: September 01, 2012, 02:34:58 pm »

[Plus, connections to other universes have been blocked off. You've got 2 characters you can use, anyway. 3 when that engineer recovers.]

Actually, only one currently.  I need to wait for a timeskip or two weeks from the Slashdiver incident to pass before I can use the general.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: September 01, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »

[I'm a bit miffed with myself.  I just spent a not insignificant period of time today fully fleshing out (in writing, no less) the character of Cog Wrathhammer.  Strictly speaking, it was a different Cog than the one who appeared in this (he's my D&D char [I use Cog a lot; he transcends the boundaries of his medium]), but most of his traits carry over.  This is annoying because I wrote Cog out of this story, and have no reason to bring him back.  Still, I have another character I'm working on (for something pretty much unrelated to anything else, and that will likely never be finished) that I might be able to slip in somewhere.]

[Anyway, that's not really of interest to anyone but myself.  What's slightly more relevant is that I have a story post to make!  Hooray!]

Gizogin, having slipped away from Corvus and his friends, finally reached the entrance to the fortress proper.  Even from the surface, he could hear the sounds of rowdy, inebriated dwarves.  For once, that was entirely welcome.  He climbed down into the tunnels and headed for where he knew the booze stockpile had been before the collapse.  The way wasn't entirely clear of rubble, but it wasn't terribly difficult to navigate.

Gizogin had never had much of a tolerance for alcohol, and it wasn't long at all before the strong dwarven brews had covered his mind in a delightful haze.  He'd sat down against the wall to stop the room spinning, and was currently chatting with two similarly intoxicated dwarves.

"So what, she's my own sister, and she can't even tell me a little thing like the fact that she's demon spawn?" he slurred.  "'Oh hey big brother,'" he said, miserably failing to impersonate Lana's voice.  "'I just thought you should know that everything you've known about me since I was born is a lie.'  Would've been nice, you know?  But
noooo, she has to wait until a freaking dragon forces it out of her."
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 306