No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 263033 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #3990 on: August 23, 2012, 08:49:31 pm »

[Ok, if story is trying to move again, no more doodling....]

---

Weird shook his head disapprovingly. He hated group therapy.

Quietly, and with as little conspicuous movement as possible, he returned to the food gathering stockpile.

The humongous grass fiber foraging basket was still parked, right where he had left it.  Easing into the shoulder hoops, he stood up, and wandered back toward the woods. It was one of his character failings; whenever he had to be assertive and speak up, he had to have an extended period of social withdrawl. He didn't know why, but it seemed public situations left him feeling drained somehow.  The natural quietness and serenity of the forest would surely do him some good.

Passing beneath the shade of the leafy canopy once again, he breathed a deep sigh with closed eyes. As un-dwarven behavior as it was, this was one of those things that always made him feel better; the wild places of the world reminded him of simpler, younger days, and in a sense, felt like being home again, picking wild edibles for his mom on one of the many such outings of his childhood. It was spiritually and emotionally calming, and he let the sensation wash over him as he returned to the copse of honey locusts he had investigated earlier. He would wander a different path this time in his search for wild treasures....

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: August 23, 2012, 08:54:00 pm »

You know, we haven't heard from Corai in awhile.  Wonder what is happening at the kobold camp?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: August 23, 2012, 08:56:30 pm »

[He, and sneezy-mancer were supposed to be bringing cyberplague victim dead bodies to analysis. Running into "him" while seeking catharsis in the woods would be just about typical for my caracter. If corai is online, PM him and let him know the opportunity is ripe to cause joykill greif.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: August 23, 2012, 09:00:18 pm »

Already have, but with that comment, I must just might send another containing that.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: August 23, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

Well, turns out that he gave them to Saurinae, and due to me giving him attention to Saurinae not posting, gave them to me.  I am trying to see if I can get him to create a post for those characters, but if he doesn't, they are public domain due to my inability to write a pre-existing character without screwing up, as of current.

I hope that general wakes up soon, so I can get back writing.  Blank slate for the character, which means I can write (somewhat) decently...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:19:30 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: August 23, 2012, 09:17:21 pm »

Well, turns out that he gave them to Saurinae, and due to me giving him attention to Saurinae not posting, gave them to me.  I am trying to see if I can get him to create a post for those characters, but if he doesn't, they are now public domain.

Kobolds for all. FOR ALL I SAY.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: August 23, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »

[Tell him if he doesn't come and play, I will murder him and burn his corpse, and dance on the ashes, singing "la la la" in time to the Can-can cabaret music!]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: August 23, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »

Tell him yourself!  I have to go offline IMMEDIATELY!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:39 pm »

[Chicken! Get'm Mr. Peepers!]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:45 pm »

"Anyway," Gizogin said, "I have a few ideas about your fire.  We'll need to do some tests, find out where dragon fire actually comes from.  I'm thinking it's chemical."

[I'm in New York right now, with no access to a proper keyboard.  My idea for this is that it's a dietary issue.  Depending on which mythology you look at, dragons would fuel their fire with bones or precious gems.  Then there's the actual muscle control needed, which Hugo'll need to figure out.]

[Ninja'd x9]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: August 23, 2012, 09:27:47 pm »

[Hey gizo, I doodled your char into the portrait. It's on the previous page.]

[Gemstones?  I've been contemplating the possibility of having weird introduce the dwarves to the joys of "lab grown gems". Sapphire and Ruby are both super easy to produce, if you have access to aluminum oxide, and iron and chromium oxides, respectively.  Iron oxide is everywhere, and easily obtained, so sapphires would be the easiest of the two.]

[The aparatus and process are very simple to make and use.]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:34:09 pm by wierd »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

[Yeah, I saw your sketch.  I like it, though Gizogin's jaw looks a bit odd.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: August 23, 2012, 09:41:04 pm »

[Yeah, he has a jay leno chin. You try drawing details smaller than 2mm though. :D]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: August 23, 2012, 09:49:57 pm »

[For me, when I draw and scan, ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION OR NOTHING! MWAHAHAHAHA!]

"First step, let's test this. Got a cup?" X picked up a glass beaker and held it out. HugoLuman spat the brown liquid into it. "I'm thinking either this is the flamable, or it's venom. If it's what burns, there might be some kind of sparking gland somewhere." He paused for a moment. "You know, it sure feels odd to do a science experiment on yourself."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: August 23, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »

[I was referring to details being smaller than the tip of the pencil.... that was scanned at 600dpi, then cropped down because big files are big.]

[As for chemical fires, there is usually an organic fuel, and an oxidizer. You probably have 2 glands. One that sprays the combustible, probably aromatic compound; and one that produces a powerfully oxidizing agent, like concentrated peroxide. When the two combine, the result is spontaneous combustion.]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:08:08 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 306