No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 262883 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4470 on: February 13, 2013, 09:53:12 pm »

[Unreachable spot on your back?  I don't have one of those.  I am unusually flexible (leg behind head), but I didn't think that was part of it.]

Gizogin X was cleaning away the detritus from his latest mechanical tinkering session, when Lana appeared across the table from him. 

"We have a situation," she said breathlessly.  "You're needed on the surface."

X hopped up immediately.  Lana looked genuinely worried, so he didn't waste any time, striding purposefully to the door.  "What are we dealing with?" he asked tersely.

"Think T-1000, with crazy magic."

"Gizogin?"

"He knows.  He's already on his way."

"Good.  Lead on."
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: February 13, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »

"Restrain it! It seems to come back as something worse every time you kill it!" called HugoLuman.

The Thari-alike seemed to take this advice to heart instead, though, and roots whipped from the ground and lashed around Wierd's wrists.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: February 13, 2013, 10:07:48 pm »

[Weird has.....other.... uses for the circle. He *is* a necromancer. There are plenty of dead people on the lawn, or at least, parts of dead people... from the last time there was a major catastrophe. He's putting out a hit request. Deadly ghost style.]

Weird struggled against the bindings, feeling them cut deeper. Chewing his lip silently, he willed a teensy measure of sane self control, then sent enough electricity down the vines to blow a small town's entire power grid, flash boiling the water inside the vines, and making them explode like primerchord, throwing dirt high into the air where they ran below the ground, and leaving nasty, viscious dripping red weals on his arms where they had been.

He was too angry to notice much, or care.

Sinking to the ground outside the grubby scratched circle, he reached through it to the "other side", and put out feelers, hoping for a snag....
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:13:29 pm by wierd »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »

[Thought we cleaned all that up... I suppose it could still work though.]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:03 pm »

[*weird doesn't raise things against their wills. The people that died on the lawn, died 3 months or so ago. Each may have their own reasons for accepting or rejecting the request. I don't know how many weird can simultaneously "sustain", but they are every bit as "invulnerable" as any other ghost, should they choose to return. Weird puts out requests, not demands.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: February 13, 2013, 10:32:14 pm »

[I meant we moved their remains somewhere else]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: February 13, 2013, 10:38:35 pm »

[It would depend on whether or not their spirits were bound to their physical remains.  If they left a strong enough impression on the place of their death, they could perhaps be drawn out of that instead.]
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: February 13, 2013, 11:05:01 pm »

[There's also issues like blood, bone chips, dislodged teeth, etc remaining at the site that could react to the summons.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:19 pm »

[Let's get this under control already!]

Ironblood, not one for being shocked for long, leapt upon the elf-thing and stuck it mightily with his axe... but the attack glanced away! "What in the...!"

HugoLuman was about to finally charge in to help, though he feared some unpredictable reaction from whatever that thing was, but then he head a familiar music begin to rise. One that only two people could hear. So that's what Wierd's doing...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: February 14, 2013, 12:15:17 am »

At first Oliolli had thought that the others had the situation under control, but as the beast seemed to be coming back every time, he figured it wouldn't be so easy. Wierd was doing something, and whatever it was, Oliolli felt it would work. Wierd was an insane genius magician, after all. The best Oliolli could do was buy wierd some time. He ran into the area from his vantage point, leaped at the elf-thing and connected the heel of his shoe with it's jaw. The feeling of it's jaw shattering brought a smile to Oliolli's face. Time to take the thing's attention away from wierd.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: February 14, 2013, 12:21:27 am »

Three tiny orbs rose up from the ground, one actually some distance from the circle, and floated gracefully to the circle, dancing around the perimeter for a single orbit, before shooting straight up into the air, and down into the center in a sudden, high velocity motion.

Moments later, 3 ethereal dwarves stepped out of the circle, with determined looks on their faces...  weird recognized one of them immediately.. the fisherdwarf friend of Rikod, who had died near the kiln... it had taken a long time for Rikod to accept the death of his friend... weird wasn't sure how this would work out... but hoped for the best... the other two he scarcely knew..

Keeping sentient ghosts in the world of the living was far more taxing than raising empty vessels to false life, and he wasn't sure he could sustain more than just those three. Succumbing to the pain from being vine lashed by the mocking image of thari, he fell forward on the ground in exhaustion, as his 3 musketeers literally flew into action..

[Others can write in the other two hits, and what the ghosts do.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: February 14, 2013, 01:05:35 am »

HugoLuman charged the thing, knocking it to the ground easily and pinning it with his front claws. It reached up and laid it's hands on his feet, though, and instantly he felt an intense agony which caused him to spring back. The scales where her hand touched fell out and left big bleeding sores. Noticing the ghosts, he shouted "Restrain her!" before getting lashed across the face with roots.

The ghost of the fort's former hunter obliged, rushing up and grabbing the creature's arm. It grabbed him with its other hand, but when the magic had no effect, the creature shrieked in an twisted but identifiably squirrel-like voice.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: February 14, 2013, 01:46:44 am »

[Hang on, what was I needed for crafting? If it spoils the plot, Hugo, PM it. :P]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: February 14, 2013, 02:24:57 am »

[Already existing alternative solution is the "Containment system" X made to hold Lana... It's made to hold powerfully magical creatures.]

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: February 14, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

Gizo X and Lana arrived to a scene of utter chaos.  Wierd lay face-down on the ground, bleeding from a number of angry, red welts on his arms.  Gizogin, having arrived a few moments ago, was already tending to his wounds.  Hugo had similar injuries on his forelegs, though he seemed to be bearing them slightly better.

The attacker, now in Thari's form, was struggling to break free of the ghosts currently holding it in place.  It was under control for now, but wouldn't be so for long.  Unfortunately, whatever magic it had poured into the roots and vines around it had made them into a thrashing tangle of whips and thorns, preventing anyone else from getting close.

"Gizogin!" Lana called.

The doctor looked up.  "I'm alright!" he yelled back.  "This thing's getting stronger by the minute!  It already took down wierd, and nothing seems to hold it for long!"

"Lana," X said quickly, "I might be able to keep this thing contained.  Remember that containment field I built?"

"Yes," Lana answered, shuddering.  Though she didn't like that he'd kept it working, she realized what X planned to do.  "You think it'll work?"

"It's the best option we have right now.  I can get everything ready, but we need to get that thing into the circle."

"Leave it to me," Lana declared.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301 ... 306