Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 4 (20%)
Cowboy Bebop
- 10 (50%)
Inuyasha
- 2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Toonami Thread Rises From The Deep  (Read 15064 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toonami Is Coming Back!
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2013, 11:57:16 am »

You can check out what all they ran here, to get a kind of idea why people are a bit enthused. Beyond some quality stuff, Toonami was also a fair amount of the US's first introduction to anime, for better or for worse.
I just wanted to pop in and say... the sci-fi channel from way way back, about when they played Sliders and Pretender if I remember correctly, had anime before Toonami.

Then I realize it was a few months ago.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Toonami Thread Rises From The Deep
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »

You're still here...?

Hey there, welcome...back? I'm sure you missed this thread so dearly.

So, my lack of cable has kept me away from Toonami, in spite of my best efforts, for years. But.

I found out that US IPs can get an online rebroadcast of the Toonami block! So yeah. Only on Friday and Sunday-Monday, though, outside of that it just plays...I don't know what.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep up with this thread now that I can watch it again. God. It's a mess in here, everything's covered in dust. What even is this, an iPod mini? An axial cable? Spoiled hype?

Yeah!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2016, 12:33:57 pm »

It's been so good lately, all the shows they've been picking up quickly, One Punch Man, KLK, they got One Piece rolling steady again, Samurai Jack coming back back to the past.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »

But does it have stream chat and i5555 Saturdays? Q.Q

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2016, 01:01:26 pm »

Interesting that they would pick up KLK.  Or is that in the midnight block?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2016, 06:53:39 pm »

Interesting that they would pick up KLK.  Or is that in the midnight block?
Toonami has been on at either 11:30pm or midnight+ ever since it came back on adult swim, afaik.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2016, 07:45:23 pm »

Yeah, KLK was surprisingly quickly after it first aired too as I recall, as was OPM.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2016, 08:30:45 pm »

While we're necroing the Toonami thread, i should mention that they've bought the rights to FLCL, and they're working with the original creators to make a 2-cour / 24 episode sequel series. If this is a success, it's possible that it would spark a new era of American money flowing into cross-production work, and picking up incomplete series that happened to be more popular in the USA than Japan.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:34:29 pm by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2016, 08:31:38 pm »

I knew there was something else I was missing, swing the bat Reelya.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2016, 09:13:06 pm »

While we're necroing the Toonami thread, i should mention that they've bought the rights to FLCL, and they're working with the original creators to make a 2-cour / 24 episode sequel series. If this is a success, it's possible that it would spark a new era of American money flowing into cross-production work, and picking up incomplete series that happened to be more popular in the USA than Japan.
A 24 ep FLCL sequel.

How do you even that. Wasn't the original only 6 eps?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »

How you do it is *stuffs Aklyon in a bag and tosses them off a bridge for asking dumb questions* like that because we don't care why, just glad that it is.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:39 pm »

Well, glad that it is if it ends up being good. Or at least decent. Sometimes we're not actually glad when a sequel happens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:12 pm »

Well, glad that it is if it ends up being good. Or at least decent. Sometimes we're not actually glad when a sequel happens.
And this is why I asked!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2016, 12:55:54 am »

Here's the original FLCL story for clarification:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/adult-swim-is-making-a-sequel-to-flcl-the-coolest-anim-1767035809
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33010/FLCL_TV

So who is confirmed to be working on this? The original director is listed as the producer, and they have the director of Psycho-Pass Season 1 directing (he works for the same studio which co-produced the first FLCL). That's typical mentoring: the original director moves up to a supervisory/producer role and they let some new talent direct it. Also, the original character designer is on board for the designs, and The Pillows will reprise their role on the soundtrack. The scriptwriter is a complete unknown quantity: he has no other anime credits to his name, only live action TV.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:04:18 am by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2016, 03:14:08 pm »

Be advised, the online rebroadcast is on right now, and until tomorrow morning.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]