Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Horror  (Read 5738 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Roll to Survive the Horror
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:03 pm »

Welcome to the horror that is plaguing the city of Ruestav. All those stories of monsters and the evil that embodies the world are true in this city. Survivors are few and far. You play as one of the lucky ones and for whatever reason, you survived the onslaught of evil that plagues this city. Though how much longer can you last against this force that seems intent on changing the world? The trials you will face and the monsters in them are great and you are small. It is time to set out into this new world and see if you can adapt.

As survivors in this new world, you will need food, water, and light, light being one of the things helping you out when night falls.

Survivor Sheet:
Name:
Bio:

Traits: (Use + and -, for every -, you can use a +, things with nothing will be considered average. sorry TCM, it was a good idea.)

Strength (How much you can lift, and hit)
Speed (How fast you can run)
Endurance (How long you can run)
Dexterity (The ability to find objects and notice differences)
Sneak (How well you can hide, and sneak past things)
Charisma (How well you speak, and can do things socialbly)

Spoiler: example (click to show/hide)

After you have made your character I will place you in a location. Just remember you need water, food and lighting. You will automatically look for it wherever you go and I will tell you if you see it or I wont if you dont see it. Not everything is what it seems though.

Survivors(8/5=OVERLOAD)
Spoiler: NightS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spinal Taper (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skyrunner (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Waitlist-0(Cause Im a nice guy)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:02:48 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Horror
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 02:11:51 pm »

(( I'm fine with you using the + and - system. The more people that use it, the prouder I am that I made a functioning system. Though for a suggestion, how about adding a few more attributes? It would allow people to create more varied characters if you added things like Perception, Charisma and Intelligence. Of course, it's just a suggestion.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:17:58 pm »

Name: Igor Agyros
Bio: A fairly average height and slim young man, he ended up in Ruestav when his car broke in the middle of the road, leaving the city just a few walking hours away. He was a history teacher in another city far away from there, but he got fired because of spending cuts. He found a job in another nearby city and he was moving there when all this happened.

Strength -
Speed
Endurance
Dexterity  +
Sneak
Charisma

EDIT: Added charisma
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:03:56 am by NightS »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 04:40:07 pm »

Name: Eric Benan
Bio: Eric's brother, James, the leader of a surprisingly popular cult, is the reason he's in Ruestav. Though he was extremely skeptical with the cult itself, his brother did manage quite the income through donations, so he helped him out with a few different jobs for a cut. One of these jobs happened just happened to involve going to Ruestav. That's when he found out there was a little bit more proof behind his sibling's claims than he thought.

Strength -
Speed +
Endurance -
Dexterity
Sneak
Charisma +
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:34:41 pm by Sinpwn »

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:07:33 pm »

(( I'm fine with you using the + and - system. The more people that use it, the prouder I am that I made a functioning system. Though for a suggestion, how about adding a few more attributes? It would allow people to create more varied characters if you added things like Perception, Charisma and Intelligence. Of course, it's just a suggestion.))

(Perception goes with dexterity honestly, I know its two different things, but they serve the same purpose, same with intelligence, they dont matter as much in this kind of world, but Charisma could be added and I will add it. Anyone who wants to change can until I get 5 people going)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 07:12:10 pm »

Name: John Johnson
Bio: John Johnson was born and raised in the city of Ruestav. He was quite an odd man, having been bullied his entire life, although he snuck around trying to avoid it as much as he could. He was attending classes at his local university when the local apocalypse happened, and managed to survive only through sheer luck.
Stats:
Strength
Speed+
Endurance-
Dexterity
Sneak+
Charisma-
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:31:18 pm by Chink »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 07:20:20 pm »

Alright, I'll join.

Name: Mark Willis
Bio: Mark is a professional thief who was moving between cities after the heat was getting too high. He got trapped in a nightmare when his car broke down and he has survived by hiding from danger.
Stats:
Strength: -
Speed:
Endurance:
Dexterity: +
Stealth:+
Charisma: -

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 08:08:58 pm »

Name: Karen Dolehivin
Bio: A journalist who felt that she could gain the stories from the strange tales being spun about Ruestav. She hoped to get a few good stories written out. Instead, she got much more...

Traits:

Strength -
Speed
Endurance -
Dexterity
Sneak  +
Charisma +
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »

Name: Ivan Varalk

Bio: Preciously a member of the USSR elite forces, when it collapsed, he moved to America. He begun a life as a bus driver, and was passing through the cursed town when the apocalypse struck.

Traits:

Strength:+
Speed:-
Endurance:+
Dexterity:-
Sneak:-
Charisma:+

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:49 pm »

Am I late?!

If not, reserve-ish-thing!

If so, I shall rue the moment I posted in here : it's going to haunt me for all eternity in the updates list! xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 02:59:41 am »

(It's fine Sky, I can handle 7 people, I can add two more, I don't want to handle anymore though, please post your stats. To everyone this is a project for me really and I hope it doesn't end too soon. Being a writer of the horror genre, it is something I am quite proud of at times. So everyone should get quite a story going assuming you do not post three words for your action, if you do, well let us just say I can be more than biased and gory. Though Sky, I would hope you will post soon. I will end survivors with you for now and post when you have your stats in.)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:50 am »

Penni
Bio: A short woman around the late teens who is rather weird and has a teddy bear or two. She calls them Mr. Bear and acts as if they were alive, and also claim to hear them talk, especially when under stress. It seems as if the bears tend to suggest horrible and or sadistic actions. She survived the acopalypse by inaction.

Traits
Strength: +
Speed: -
Endurance: -
Dexterity: +
Sneak: +
Charisma: -
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:11:04 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 08:23:57 am »

* Tiruin 's ears perk up.

(It's fine Sky, I can handle 7 people, I can add two more...

In that case...

Name: Kai Tyrn
Bio: Kai was raised in an urban environment, with much of the lower sector being shrouded in darkness and crime. Being one of the lucky ones, post-horror, he has vowed to himself to forego his thieving ways and start putting his abilities to use. For though his words are not of high quality, his hands can make sure what is needed, is done. Despite his tall stature, he can keep himself inconspicuous in a crowd, or alone.

He is allergic to spiders and angelfish.

Traits:

Strength -
Speed +
Endurance -
Dexterity +
Sneak +
Charisma -

Edit: Great. Did not count.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 01:32:46 pm »

NightS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

Sinpwn

Chink

Zako

TCM

Spinal_Taper

Skyrunner

Tiruin

(Tiruin, I will add you in)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:27:04 pm by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 01:42:32 pm »

((Yes, I'm in!  :D
No, I deal drugs, I guess. D:))

Kai stopped at the top of the stairwell, gathering his thoughts and tried to calm himself. Why did he pack up all of a sudden and why was his heart racing?

Vigilance. A good pack and whatever edible source nearby was the best thing you could have at your disposal. He felt his heart rate slow as he reminded himself that whatever was out there, was not yet in here. Not yet in his home.

Yet, he had to find a way out. Whatever was out there easily ripped a whole person apart. He wasn't even sure that person was younger than him. Either way, it was horrible!

He flexed an arm. He could easily get out from the backdoor, or a window if possible, but...he was unarmed.

That was it, he mused. He would search for any handheld weapon nearby, or in the kitchen, or in his personal belongings that he could use in a jiffy. Like a knife, a switchblade or one of those Swiss army types.

Then he examines his home for any exits that don't lead into that fog. If none are spotted, he looks for the safest route out.

And brings extra water, for food isn't good without water.

He wondered if the meeting would still be scheduled, then stopped as he turned back to his bedroom. The phone! Of course!

He then dials the nearest pizza parlour the police and inquires on the situation and pleads for help.

If not, he dials...any of his neighbors to check on them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:46:02 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4