Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Roll to Survive the Horror  (Read 5735 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive the Horror
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 02:02:17 pm »

"No!" shouted John, "You lie! The only happiness you can bring me is the "joy" of death. If I go with you, I will die, just like everybody else in this hellhole." And having said that John gets his car keys, and starts running towards his car. He then drives to a gas station, and having seen people do this in action movies, grabs, fills a few bottles with gasoline, and stuffs a rag in the top, to make some molotovs. ((Is this in any way, shape, or form based off of Cataclysm?))

EDIT: Start heading towards the nearest gun store, sneaking and taking back alleys to avoid being found. Also, loot dead bodies for lighters, guns, ammo, etc. Don't forget to grab some sort of improvised weapon, like a metal pole.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:23:44 pm by Chink »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »

Eric shakes his head, leave it up to the cultists to be missing when the world IS ending. He heads over to the apartment door, seeing if it's locked. If it is, he goes to the other door and hesitantly peeks outside.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 02:08:34 pm »

((No, it isn't Cataclysm, if you seriously want to fight the things out there, then by all means, please try. We here at Agertor Inc. are not responsible for the deaths of your characters because you think they are zombies))
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 02:25:13 pm »

(( No Karen? :( ))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

((Ok, thanks, that's nice to know. Also, how likely am I to run into one of these things if I go through with my current action?))

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 02:27:43 pm »

((Sorry, you got lost in spoilers TCM, fixed it up now, fun side note, I really dont like reporters or the news, as for Chink, it wouldnt be fun if I told you.))
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

Karen stumbled out into the road. "H-hello?" She calls out. Dead silence. A bit scared, she decides to venture deeper into the city.

Go towards the houses.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »

In case i'm on a second or higher floor: I keep watching through the window, if i see any of those creatures get near the door of the school I will try to block the door with some tables and chairs, if i hear any weird sounds from the hallway i will block the door too.

If i'm on the first floor/ground level: I run upstairs towards the infirmary/nurse office or any other office, if it is not there, then look for an empty classroom and do as I said before.

If there are no more floors than the first one: Look through the window, if I see them approach I run to an interior room and fortify there. Otherwise, I stay there.

After any of these actions: Try to locate a phone in the room I currently am at and call the city police.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 03:05:58 pm »

"Eh . . . "

Penni blinks, then asks Mr. Bear (the one in her arms, not Mr. Backpack Bear) a question:

"So, what should I do next?"

She nods as if Mr. Bear was dispensing a piece of very reasonable information.

"Ok, I'm going to ..."

Find knives. Pointy things. Safety blanket. wonder how that much blood came out of parent one and parent two's bodies

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 05:08:55 pm »

Mark knew he couldn't go far with just a plastic bag worth of supplies, he'd need to find more and more gear too. But first...

Lock the door quietly and all the windows, then draw the curtains to keep things from outside seeing me. Then case this place from top to bottom for the following: a better bag, more protective clothes that blend into the surroundings, a can opener, a weapon of some kind, batteries for the flashlight, more water bottles and portable food, tools that could be useful, a mobile phone, a map of the city of some kind, bobby pins and medical supplies. Then change into more suitable clothes, tie a dark coloured cloth across my lower face to reduce my profile, put my flashlight and whatever batteries I can find as well as my weapon and can opener into my pockets and take a drink from the tap as well as see if I can find something to cover up my body odor. Maybe these things find you through smell?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:26:54 pm by Zako »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 05:20:39 pm »

(( Relevant to thread title: The horror! ))

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 06:31:15 pm »

((Believe we are waiting on Spinal))
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:55 pm »

Ivan remembered his training in the Siberian snow "Naiti Pokrytie." he repeated, recalling his drill instructors words. He looked inside of the toolbox, hoping to find a knife or hammer.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »

Tiruin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

Chink

Sinpwn

TCM

NightS

Skyrunner

Zako

Spinal_Taper
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:15:02 am by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

((Did you add Pocketknife and Blankets to the inventory? :P))

"Mr. Bear, what do you think we should do next? Oh, I know! Let's go find more yummies!"

Go raid the refrigerator! Also pick up anything that looks useful on the way, such as a battery, flashlight, wrench, band-aids.

After that, find a jacket to wear and wander outside. Make sure to take the keys to the house and lock it!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4