Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting my Chief Medical Dwarf to diagnose people  (Read 5446 times)

DTF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting my Chief Medical Dwarf to diagnose people
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:15 pm »

Yeah skill level of healthcare skills only influence the time the dwarves need to perform them and not the 'quality' of the diagnosis, etc. - which is kind of dumb and unintuitive.
If you have a full hospital after a siege, sure go ahead and enable all healthcare on every dwarf.
(a>b) ? false : true

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »

I did that before the siege and even the small accidents get treated promptly
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Murgy

• Bay Watcher
  • Is one of the first of his kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 02:40:56 pm »

Disable diagnostics for everyone else, but the head chief.

Why?  If you want more diagnoses to be performed, then you should enable the Diagnosis labor on more dwarves.

If for some reason you don't want any Diagnosing to get done in a timely manner, then sure, keep on doing this!

I don't know why so many people think otherwise, but The chief medical dwarf does NOT have to be the one to diagnose a patient.  Any dwarf can do it.

Because, as we all know, enabling the labor on dwarfs who are not the CMD can only lead to the CMD suddenly beginning to do his job!

Thread titles, mate. They're a wonderful thing.  ;D
Quote from: Cruxador
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
I made a mod where giant spiders, snake-people, minotaurs, dwarves, and a gnome-like creature were all the same species.  In spite of being radically different sizes, a snake-person and a spider could get married and have a minotaur as a child.
A wonderful love story of a family that is truly without prejudice.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

Disable diagnostics for everyone else, but the head chief.

Why?  If you want more diagnoses to be performed, then you should enable the Diagnosis labor on more dwarves.

If for some reason you don't want any Diagnosing to get done in a timely manner, then sure, keep on doing this!

I don't know why so many people think otherwise, but The chief medical dwarf does NOT have to be the one to diagnose a patient.  Any dwarf can do it.

Because, as we all know, enabling the labor on dwarfs who are not the CMD can only lead to the CMD suddenly beginning to do his job!

Thread titles, mate. They're a wonderful thing.  ;D
Amusingly, if OP had done the quoted action, the CMD would have been diagnosed, treated, and then gone about doing the thing he wasn't doing.
Pages: 1 [2]