Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TRACK_RAMP_NS  (Read 1105 times)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
TRACK_RAMP_NS
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:11:52 pm »

Looking at the new release  noticed that the track ramps are settable, all defaulting at 30 the up ramp inverted.  I started setting them to use my bridge tiles, which have tracks on them already.  Most of the entries have directions in the names but TRACK_RAMP_NS confused me.

Could someone enlighten me to what that entry means?
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: TRACK_RAMP_NS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:59 pm »

I assume it means a ramp with a track going north-south on it?  Similarly for the other designations. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:41:10 pm »

All ramps are 30I - meaning they look like all other ramps, but with the inverse color scheme. 

There are every permutation of directional ramps with cart tracks laid upon them, but there are no special tiles for them - they're exactly the same as "TRACK_NS" or any other track designation, except that they also occupy a ramp tile, and all look like inverse color selections of a ramp by default.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:41:12 am »

Thank you for the answer!  The reason I wanted to know was I changed my settings to;
[SKY:225:3:0:0]
[CHASM:255:0:0:1]
[PILLAR_TILE:'9']
[TRACK_RAMP_N:208I]
[TRACK_RAMP_S:210I]
[TRACK_RAMP_E:198I]
[TRACK_RAMP_W:181I]
[SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES]
; to go with my tileset.  I left the other ramps the way they were, though I might add some corner ramps later.   Maybe I should have put this in the modding section.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"