Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.17 -- Forever deprecated!  (Read 17486 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

GREAT IDEA.

(Really, I just kind of lumped all the rare-earths into one thing, since I was in a bit of a rush to get this out at first)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Chromium Fortress. Everything's futuristic now.

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to get a file listing which metals are better then others for weapons and armour and which ones are the most valuable? just cause you do add a LOT of different metals and what not. If possible thanks, if not then thanks anyways.

Cheers

edit: loving the oil, I hit two huge pockets on my first tunnel into the mountain. My fuel needs are over.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:29:16 pm by Stronghammer »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'll be honest here, I have no idea how effective any of the metals will be. They're literally based on real-life values and nothing more.

It should go like this, though:

What I'm sure of for armor: addy>holy steel>composites>steel>bronze>iron>copper

The rest I really don't know--haven't actually tested them. Adamantine-plated lead should be best for blunt weapons by far, and rhenium/tungsten/osmium/iridium should all be exceedingly good for blunt as well.

noobnubcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Clumsy Modder
    • View Profile

Wasn't there a Adamantine science thread that said that Adamantine would realistically be indium?
To this day the elven warrior castes hunt the enemies of nature for the purpouse of bringing back slain intelligent beings for consumption by their leaders and generals, for the good of nature and the survival of elvenkind.

And that is the story of how napalm was invented.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Indium? That makes so little sense it's uncanny :P Indium is soft as hell. I do remember that topic, and they found that it was some sort of magical eka-aluminum with the same molar mass as iron, IIRC.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Indium? That makes so little sense it's uncanny :P Indium is soft as hell. I do remember that topic, and they found that it was some sort of magical eka-aluminum with the same molar mass as iron, IIRC.

I just know that it's a light as styrofoam.

Also wouldn't Addy-plated lead also make great cutting weapons? The extra weight behind that monomolecular edge?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yes. Of course it would.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Putnam for the !!science!! mod.

I only included a few metals to begin with Adamantine Steel, Depleted Uranium, Titanium, Rhodium, Tungsten, Rhenium, Iridium. But I plan on adding some additional elements of your mod when I change the raws so that they are useful in Adventure Mode. The seven above are all random metals available for weaponry and armour.

Thanks for your mod,
:D Sanke_Eyes

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Very cool pack Putnam, I like a lot of the ideas in here including the synthetic textiles.  Thanks for saying it's OK to reuse stuff,  as always I learn a lot from your work ... and you're already thanked in my mod credits :)  I'll also make an extra note if I actually copy anything directly! 

(e.g. if you actually do implement the fiber laser amplifiers ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Imma update this with some automation, because... well, the amount of micromanaging in this is pretty extreme.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Updated with some automation!

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ‼What has science done‼?! Version 0.16 -- Modern mod with no guns!
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 02:40:53 am »

I've recently downlaoded this mod and went straight for the elves. But they don't have mechanic skill! Is there a skill that replaces this or a function?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:04 am »

There should be, since I have cages. Odd.

PhoenixEggz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2013, 10:11:31 am »

The entire tier the skill is under is gone. No siege operating and the like, either.

You also can't embark with certain skills, and you can't bring any kind of weapon except maybe bows. This means no axes to cut down trees if you need to. Which Isn't really a problem since you can just -make- them as it is, but it does seem odd.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:14:57 am by PhoenixEggz »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5