Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No Migrants For Modded Race  (Read 1909 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
No Migrants For Modded Race
« on: May 12, 2012, 07:30:29 pm »

So, I decided to mod a race so I could play as them for Fortress mode. I copied all the relevant tags from the dwarf entity file, and everything appears to be working perfectly except for the fact that migrants will not join the Fort. They'll show up, and just hang out on the edge of the map, not contributing to my Fort's population, and I can't control them or give any orders. This a tag error, something I forgot to put in, or just a one-time glitch? I looked over the tags for the creature file and entity file of the dwarves and couldn't spot anything that would seem like it'd be causing this.
Thank you.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No Migrants For Modded Race
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:38:57 pm »

Probably starved in worldgen
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »

What part of "actually appeared" do you not understand?

I think stuff like this happens with dwarves, too. Something with historical traders. See if it always happens, and if so post the raws for the creature and entity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19:34 pm »

It is likely a tag error. If you post your raws we can help out :-)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:41:35 pm »

Alright, here are the raws. Edited dusk elves from Deon's Genesis.

Entity file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 11:42:23 pm »

Creature file

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:32:07 am »

Try using Runesmith on them, see if that works. I'd say dfusion, but I'm not sure it would work.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 10:49:33 am »

I see nothing off. Are you sure it's n ot a similar problem that occurs with dwarves, too?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 11:53:34 am »

Try using Runesmith on them, see if that works. I'd say dfusion, but I'm not sure it would work.
I use 34.07, so Runesmith is a no go right now.

I see nothing off. Are you sure it's not a similar problem that occurs with dwarves, too?
I've never seen this happen with all my Forts playing as dwarves, but it sounds like the problem is just some one-time glitch. I'll try again as the elves and see if the migrants work.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 02:41:15 pm »

DFHack does have a command that can fix bugged migrants when they show up attempting to be traders ("tweak fixmigrant" IIRC). If it's just a one-time thing then you can use that to fix them as they show up.

As for the raws, I can't find anything in their that would make this occur for every migrant either.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

And you saw the presence of them actually having a civilization in World Gen right?

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 05:12:46 pm »

Unrelated to your particular problem, but..
You might want to change    [NAME:chief medical dwarf:chief medical dwarves] to    [NAME:chief medical elf:chief medical elves], maybe? Something along those lines.

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 05:37:57 pm »

You might want to change    [NAME:chief medical dwarf:chief medical dwarves] to    [NAME:chief medical elf:chief medical elves], maybe? Something along those lines.

Many thanks, would have been odd to see something like that in-game.

And you saw the presence of them actually having a civilization in World Gen right?
I think I may have noticed they did not show up under the civilizations screen, so that must have been the problem.

Alright, so I genned a new world and tried it again and migrants work fine now. Thank you.