Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Paint to Roll - Turn 7: Run from the ifrit!  (Read 13763 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll: Sign-ups
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 06:02:22 pm »

((I don't want to hold the game up too much, but would like to join. I am untalented at art using paint, so do you guys have a better, free, alternative? Even if not, gonna join, if it's not a hastle.))
Try GIMP, it is free and it is quite good. Search for the most recent version, can't remember which one it is.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »

Try Paint.NET if you don't like GIMP. Both seem to generally be about equal in terms of how many speak up about them when asked about a free MS Paint alternative.

Yes, of course that's the best way to determine which non-game program is the best. I use GIMP, having never seen much of a need to try its alternatives.
And of course another player is a hassle. That's kinda the point of this exercise though, which is why it's open to five people. Please join. I need to stop being lazy; more players helps. YES OF COURSE this is the best method of kicking myself into doing stuff!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 06:46:09 pm »

I also joined this in an attempt to be less lazy.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »

You'll just wanna go on without me. It'll take a while for me. It's cool if I just draw it on paper, photocopy then edit it, right?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 09:37:53 pm »

You'll just wanna go on without me. It'll take a while for me. It's cool if I just draw it on paper, photocopy then edit it, right?
I guess so, go nuts. More players means more fun, especially for our GM.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »

I'd also like to remind you that you could just spend 30 seconds and throw up whatever the results are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 10:15:35 pm »

@GM: Hm...I just remembered. Was smokeless gunpowder invented in this setting already? It is 19th century stuff, by the way.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:18:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:39 pm »

I'd also like to remind you that you could just spend 30 seconds and throw up whatever the results are.
I had what, by my standards, is a good idea, and I want to do it justice

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 05:47:57 am »

If you're more comfortable with that, go ahead. If you get it done before I'm ready to post, then I'll add your character into the picture. Otherwise we'll just assume he's there somewhere.

@GM: Hm...I just remembered. Was smokeless gunpowder invented in this setting already? It is 19th century stuff, by the way.
No, but dwarves probably have natural ventilation systems in their fortresses.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 04:55:42 am »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 05:46:15 am »

Sorry, I wanted to draw too nice of a scene for the first picture, which led to procrastination. I'll get something up today even if it means copy-pasting the same stick figure repeatedly.

I think that's the most amusing bump I've had.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:10 am »

I think that's the most amusing bump I've had.

And probably the cutest.  :P

Go Irony!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll: Turn 1.
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 08:00:11 pm »

Turn 1!

After hearing about a new Rift in the nearby town of Hawkview, you and two other adventurers traveled there for some bizarre reason. (You either met up beforehand or on the road.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Matost(NightS) (click to show/hide)

I think this game will have a bit of time management, and an odd way of leveling up. You may train with the army (or alone) for any length of time, but you'll skill up faster if you've done more in the dungeon (beat up a boss, found an ancient tome of magic, etc). You're not going to skill up directly from an hour in a dungeon, but practicing with your new experiences will better prepare you for more dungeoning. Partial successes and near failures will give more exp than perfectly slaying a rat.

Please aim to have your pictures done within 60 hours (If you need to draw something epic for a boss fight or something, call it out first). I'll try to do the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »

((When the talking is done between PCs, can we post a pic (maybe a 80x80 or 100x100 one, like forum avatars) and write the dialog? If we get restricted to only drawing even when communicating with the party, this may get a bit troublesome.))
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 08:50:42 pm »

((I thought I mentioned it somewhere, but please feel free to use text for PC vs PC conversations. I'll give a -1 for talking to NPCs with text, but might revoke that later if it becomes annoying.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13