Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Paint to Roll - Turn 7: Run from the ifrit!  (Read 13748 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll: Turn 2. That poor hat.
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2012, 08:24:18 pm »

((I'd vote neutral until I analyze the matter with the seriousness required for such decision.

Edit: What IronyOwl said.))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:45:10 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:26 pm »

((Unless we want to flail about with trying to ask what's in there and see me hitting on more peace-cult elves, I'd say just go for it. Maybe we could just flashback any further recent questions/actions even? :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2012, 02:24:43 am »

((I vote for going directly))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2012, 04:46:51 pm »

Worth a shot.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2012, 05:42:05 pm »

Sorry, I'm terrible when I miss deadlines. I've practicing thread-related things a bit, but didn't quite get around to actually doing the turns. I have no intention of letting this die, so I'll go quaff some caffeine and get something out later tonight or tomorrow. Probably.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll - Turn 3: Into the darkness.
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

((I won't be drawing the last picture tonight. It's not important for the turn, and not really worth delaying this another day.

I'm going to say that each unit of flamethrower booze-fuel lasts for an hour. It'll be completely dark without a light, and only the dwarf can safely find the entrance again in complete darkness. I don't want to track time too closely, but let's say that searching a room takes 5-15 minutes, depending on the size of the room.

The contents of a room are usually unknown until it's explored. I might have it written as a workshop or storeroom, but it might be empty, or full of whatever you were looking for, or have monsters, or just be an eyesore. Feel free to specify if you're going to search an unknown room, rather than spending a turn for the party to do nothing other than open a door.))

When asked where the Rift is, the bartender says that the adventurers should ask Captain Harold, who is conveniently sitting nearby.

The party goes to speak with the captain, who says that the sentry watching the Rift is due for a shift change soon. He says that the scout 'Fluffy' will be taking over the sentry shift, and should be at the military camp in the recently-made ruins in the western part of the town.

The party follows his directions, finds Fluffy easily, and has an uneventful hour-long journey through the forest. On the way, Fluffy mentions that the Rift opened up two days ago. After the initial attack, there hasn't been any sign of activity, as is normal. The company has 200 soldiers to guard the town, and the scout seems worried that it won't be enough. His giant bird mount 'warks' randomly throughout the conversation. The scout mentions an interest in well-crafted ancient dwarven spears.

[Picture of party with two Starbound-Avian sentries on two not-chocobos in front of fortress here. Because, that's why. I need no other reason.]

Once they arrive, the on-duty scout gives a brief report of nothing happening and heads back to town. The party enters the ruin, with a 'good luck' from Fluffy. After a straight tunnel with ancient sprung traps, they arrive in what was probably a barracks. The one that speaks with a voice that sounds of brimstone can sense a faint hum of magic through the eastern door.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

((Well, Relictus is tall and ominous, just as I wanted.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 12:55:56 am »

Well, what do you two think? Should we search this place? It seems it has been already searched...

((I draw everything this time if none of you two decide to do any specific action))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 06:13:38 am »

: Straight ahead or turning right. Those seem the options.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2012, 02:59:02 pm »

: There's magic through the eastern path. I say we go there, and hope it's a source of power and not a horrible deathtrap.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »

The red guy has a point, should we go there, Relictus?
((Starting to draw it, just the characters, the background will indicate the direction))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

: I do not really mind the way we go unless it is an obvious deathtrap. You should also take the vanguard position due to your skills when dealing with traps.
>Yes?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »

No problem about that. East it is then! *Lights his flamethrower on torch setting*

((It is 12:00 PM here, i will have the picture done tomorrow morning))

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2012, 05:56:06 am »

((I had to remake the picture because the characters were too big, now they might look a bit shitty :/))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paint to Roll: Turn 4: A magical artifact.
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

((I think your beds are better scaled with the dwarf than my picture. Uh, oops.))

The party finds what appears to have once been an armory, but what little remains in the ancient stone bins probably isn't worth using in combat without significant work. The only one in the party knowledgeable about magic thinks the glowing circle might be some sort of ward. He cannot sense any magic from the probably-magical cube-with-glowing-crystal-thing inside it, which is strange. Despite not being a wardomancer, he could spend an hour trying to safely study it. He could also poke it with a stick and see if it explodes.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Matost(NightS) (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13