Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Fight for Survival -- MOBA-inspired RTD  (Read 10870 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight for Survival -- MOBA-inspired RTD
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 06:17:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have no idea what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:06:38 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 07:26:25 am »

What is the maximum number of points to put into attributes? Can't find them.

Edit: Going with the 80 that I see.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:34:51 am by Tiruin »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

The Green number in attack damage is what you get extra from your main stat. For example, I got 20 because I have 40 agi. You see?

Also, you should have 7.5% timescale.

ALSO, my character is finished :3
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:51:06 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:07 am »

Now...what is the base health/energy to place? And in the parentheses next to them?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 09:07:34 am »

Blink blink. *Was answering Micelus* D:

BUT I CAN ANSWER YOU TOO, I GUESS!!!!!?!

I actually didn't notice your question, Tir. I.. personally am not sure about max points, I just used 80 because the example had 80.

Base health was defined as 200-300, depending on your role. A tank should have about 300, melee DPS somewhere in the middle, and Casters/Ranged DPS at about 200. Then you add your extra from their respective stats. Base Energy is 0, btw.

The parentheses next to them is your regen per turn, as defined via the Attribute info.

I have +10, which is half my strength, and that's how much HP I regen per turn. I regen 5 Energy per turn.

Looking at your sheet... You should have 400 energy, and 10 energy regen per turn. You should have, accepting your base health at about 250, 430 health, with 9 hp regen per turn.

Anything else? :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:44 am »

:3

Micelus has my question too!

Thanks, for realz this time.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 09:11:36 am »

You're welcome. I'm probably going to fall asleep really soon... but yeah, glad I could help ^^

What more do you need?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 02:38:20 pm »

The Green number in attack damage is what you get extra from your main stat. For example, I got 20 because I have 40 agi. You see?

Also, you should have 7.5% timescale.

ALSO, my character is finished :3

You're saying I halve my DEX? That can't be right, the example characters don't seem to have been made that way.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

...how did you people make characters so fast. :-\

You're saying I halve my DEX? That can't be right, the example characters don't seem to have been made that way.
You halve your primary stat (which is whichever one you say it is), not your DEX.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:37 pm »

*Sneaky eyes*

We steal your time.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:23 am »

The Green number in attack damage is what you get extra from your main stat.

You take half of your main stat value and add it to your damage.

I made it so fast because I knew what I wanted and the mechanics didn't confuse me as much as they seemed to everyone else?

What more do you need?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2012, 02:47:07 am »

Your discussions now confuse me, though. I direly need to sort in all of that in the right mental drawers. Especially what that worm thing does.

/e: DBZ, requesting information on the level-up system. All of it. How many stats per level? Also, assuming that the power level of our abilities is the first level of it, what would be reasonable start/levelup rates? Time to rework the chara sheet. Again.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:12:46 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 06:18:47 am »

So. What's happening with this?

Out of curiosity...

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 06:15:49 pm »

Also curious. If it's not dead, my character is almost technically ready I think.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 06:55:00 pm »

Max starting attributes:
We'll go with 80 as the total limit. I was thinking more along the lines of "30-40 for your main, 20-30 for your secondary, and 10-20 for your third" but anything that's balanced should work. Key word is balance. So I'll change the main post.

Level Up:

I'm thinking it'll be based on kill xp, with xp being shared between characters in an area around the dead unit.
I've added an xp/level up table to the main post.

As for what's happening, I'll go with it if it gets enough people. I might make it 4v4 instead of 5v5 if we're lacking.

Also @ micelus:

The submerge is insanely OP. He can regenerate most of his health and become invincible for 2 turns. That makes him utterly impossible to kill. I would either ditch the healing entirely or simply tone it down to around 10% or so. Or, you can make it a channeled ability. Still, 50% health for 80 energy is very small. I would decrease the heal to 30% or so if you made it channeled.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:20:24 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7