Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72342 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Accomplishment)
« Reply #615 on: August 24, 2012, 12:37:48 pm »

((After looking at the previous turns, I have noticed that reverting Drain Life appears to be a very bad idea and an inefficient way to heal people. I'm officially out of ideas now.))
Try to recall some easy way for an adept of Necromancy to heal Restoration-induced wounds. Maybe by rendering the target physically weaker but overall healthier?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:24:00 pm by HmH »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 28, 2012, 08:14:18 am »

I want to waitlist but I might not get a turn for long with all the almost dying happening and people could ask the captain if he can help if he hasn’t disappeared.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 30, 2012, 08:26:53 pm »

Prologue: Nodding Off

Ack! Pull energy from trees or something.
"Hey! Anyone willing to spare some energy for a wounded comrade? I can spread it around all of us, if that's a good idea."
Being a beach/coast thing, there really aren't any trees. Didn't you try that already?

[5] You do trek a fair ways away and find some, despite being dying and thus supposedly unconscious. That'll teach reality to forget that status line.

[4+1-1] You sip a bit of life force out of a tree. It's a lot harder to draw out than from an animal, and consequently doesn't heal you for much.

+1 HP
+1 Necromancy
Unconscious
Still Dying Quickly

((you're making the plant stand up just to spite me for trying to predict stuff aren't you?))

try to merge with the plant soul more to regain motor control. if successful attempt to stumble down the beach away from the group.

((out of curiosity what are the current events that prevent Draignean from doing stuff? is it just my kelpman body wandering around or is it also everyone else killing themselves and each other?))
[5] You snuggle up to your old body, securely attached. No more fear of being jostled loose to the great beyond for you!

Rest.
[6] You nod off into a deep sleep.

Sleeping
Will recover all health upon waking

Use a level 1 cure to stabilize Gus.
You're going to have to find him first.

[1] You're actually pretty lost right now. That bodes ill for your patient.

((After looking at the previous turns, I have noticed that reverting Drain Life appears to be a very bad idea and an inefficient way to heal people. I'm officially out of ideas now.))
Try to recall some easy way for an adept of Necromancy to heal Restoration-induced wounds. Maybe by rendering the target physically weaker but overall healthier?
[1] You seem to recall that feasting upon a target's soul was very healthy for them. Or was that just something you told a hapless victim as you tortured him to death? You're not sure.

[4] The meatweed man sloshes around in the shallow water, apparently enjoying itself.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

I want to waitlist but I might not get a turn for long with all the almost dying happening and people could ask the captain if he can help if he hasn’t disappeared.
On the other hand, when people do die it's often in twos and threes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Nodding Off)
« Reply #618 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:48 pm »

"Help."
Continue sucking from trees or animals.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »

huzzah, rest and continue enjoying self in water.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 30, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »

Realize that losing patients is an unnecessary method of character development and cast a level 1 cure spell on Gus.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 30, 2012, 10:03:33 pm »

Rhedarios slept soundly, wondering why he hadn't tried this earlier...Although he suspected it would probably only get him in trouble anyway. His thoughts also wandered to the new feeling of darkness he had felt recently and to why Rachel also didn't try to rest...

Then he started to have nightmares about having his ears played with and nibbled on by her. Rhedarios cringed.

Rest and wake up.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

Prologue: Waking Up And Not

"Help."
Continue sucking from trees or animals.
Being now fully and properly unconscious, this doesn't really work too well.

huzzah, rest and continue enjoying self in water.
[1] Your body walks over and begins padding the orc's face with its soppy hands.

Realize that losing patients is an unnecessary method of character development and cast a level 1 cure spell on Gus.
[5+2-1] You find him passed out near some trees and shock him with healing magic. He doesn't wake up, and in fact seems to slip deeper into a coma, but he doesn't look like he's dying anymore. Unless he's just dying really slowly now, that is.

Gus put into coma
+1 Restoration

Rhedarios slept soundly, wondering why he hadn't tried this earlier...Although he suspected it would probably only get him in trouble anyway. His thoughts also wandered to the new feeling of darkness he had felt recently and to why Rachel also didn't try to rest...

Then he started to have nightmares about having his ears played with and nibbled on by her. Rhedarios cringed.

Rest and wake up.
[2] She keeps nibbling.

Then you wake up anyway. Whew.

The rain begins to clear up somewhat, becoming more like heavy rain and less like standing under a waterfall. Clarence and Rhedarios yawn, Clarence silently so, and get up, feeling refreshed from their little nap, and almost everyone else gets a bit of rest in as well, Eric in spite of the seaweed man messing with his face.

You hear the familiar voice of the captain, calling out over the rain, asking if you're done yet and pointing out that the town is just over there.

ELSEWHERE...

Lynn Feyril, elf, artificer, vagrant, sat alone at a small table in a medium-sized inn. She wasn't there alone, not in theory, but her companion had excused himself to deal with something or other.

The two of them were waiting for one Captain Renault, a man reputed to be able to get them far away from here. At the moment, that was an attractive proposition, enough to meet under mysterious circumstances at a vague time for someone they'd never even met.

She was beginning to wonder if he'd been held up... not hard to accomplish in this rain, she imagined. Perhaps she should find a new way to pass the time?

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Two weeks? Time for an update!

Also, I've decided to go ahead and add another two players, independent of Pariah's... condition.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2012, 03:04:22 am »

Shape Gus's pile of dessicated crab into a surrogate skull I could mount on my staff.
When I'm done(and even if I'm wounded in the process), lift Gus onto my shoulders and grimly follow the Captain.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 03:08:03 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2012, 04:03:10 am »

((okay irony that just ain't fair :())

use my no longer being human to my advantage, pretend to be an aspect of nature and go pad the orc shaman's face with my soppy hands.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2012, 08:28:02 am »

Rhedarios wakes up startled, looking around while the flush on his face disappeared.
"Hmmm. Rachel, are you fine?"

He really needed to keep using restoration magic, but something told him healing attempts would be terrible.

Make sure Rachel is fine, then move on to try the simplest condition-inflicting magic restoration magic has in store - like provoking drowsiness - on the kelp part of the kelpman.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2012, 10:35:30 am »

((micelus, get yer sheet in here! I can't be alone without you!  :P))

Lynn tugged on the cloth wrap that covered her hands; strenuous days of wandering and working odd jobs filled her pouch of coinage well, though degrading of her own position, she didn't complain. Ile was resting peacefully in it's scabbard, shackled to a belt that hung loosely around her shoulder stretching to her waist.

She looked at the cloak that covered most of her body, remembering the very man that gave her the gift in exchange of one of her own finest works. She adjusted her position in her seat for a more comfortable angle of the outside, checked occasionally for any sign of this Captain over the shimmering fall of the rain. It must've been strong, as the general chatter of the populace in this place was muffled by it.

"Barkeep," she said, "have you anything that matches a lantern, complete with oil to feed it? I'd not want to be a bother, but if you may, I can pay through service of this...place. Need an extra hand?"

Try to earn some of this area's fancy currency to add to my Pouch of motley coins!

If possible, buy a lantern!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »

Head to the city after using metamagic to create a thin anti-rain barrier around myself.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2012, 12:04:52 pm »

LESS COMA NAOW.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 15, 2012, 01:52:16 pm »

Collect a vial of rainwater, then follow the rest of the group in their endeavor to follow the captain.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43