Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72341 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Bad And Not So Bad)
« Reply #600 on: August 14, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »

((I can't believe I was talked into breaking character to not-kill a dying and potentially dangerous party member once again, under pretty much the same conditions. The last time I did so, a near-TPK ensued, just as I predicted it would.

My new prediction is the same, only now, we're on the verge of a real TPK. Spend these next few turns carefully, ladies and gentlemen, for they may be your last.))

PREVIOUS ACTION ANNULLED; NON-PK ACTION BELOW
Eric clawed at the sand in desperation, his mind being slowly splattered under the plant's psychic assault.
His first idea - and the most reasonable one - was to kill the source of this horror, the kelp which grew within Lamar's body; however, he was no longer sure exactly where the body was. The writhing vines in his mind blocked him from seeing or feeling the world for most part, and what little he saw... he didn't want to believe it real. Maybe it wasn't, and the 'reality' before him was simply the plant's warped view of the world; maybe the situation really was that bad and he was all alone on the beach, left for dead even by the geezer who caused this mess in the first place.

Nevertheless, Eric knew that the only way to survive was to sever the link between him and the plant. Eric started striking at parts of his own soul in blind hope that he'd hit the spot to which the plant was connected. He was dead either way, so why bother aiming? Now, the only thing he had left to do was keep carving himself up and hope to get lucky.

Or... maybe - just maybe - the plant was already under Lamar's control, and the immeasurable force behind its attacks was a result of the plant's primal will being backed with Lamar's expertise in magic. Then... then Lamar would understand this was a mere miscommunication, wouldn't he? Eric was simply trying to get his heart beating again.
The crazy idea started looking more and more reasonable with every strike Eric delivered to his soul. What did he have to lose, after all? His pride would be no use to him dead, so he could do a bit of begging just this one time.

Eric opened his mouth, and a wheezing gasp came out:
"Lamar, it's Eric! If you can hear me... stop the attack! Please..."
Beg Lamar-Algae to stop the mind-rape - you know, just in case Lamar has enough pull within the tandem to actually do that.
If that doesn't work out, repeatedly blast myself with soul-rending necromantic energy in the blind hope that a lucky hit will sever the connection between me and the Algae.

((@Unholy_Pariah: Consider this a gift out of respect for your popping an RTD cherry. By the way, this is a priceless opportunity for you to check whether you can handle the Algae.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:31:46 pm by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 14, 2012, 07:10:25 pm »

((huzzah, altering my previous action to try and remove mind raping tendrils.))

edit: moving it here to make it easier to find.
Get plant thingy to remove metaphorical tendrils from Eric's mind and then if there's time rest and stuff, also have Rachel drag my body down the beach away from the rest of the group and out of combat range just in case HmH is correct in his fears.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:13:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »

((Actually, IMHO, becoming an evil plant monster and killing everyone seems a pretty epic way to end your first. But that's just me. Your mercy is appreciated.

If Lamar's situation deteriorates more than a turn's worth of work away from its current state, or if its current state causes major bodily harm to another player, I'll help you kill him. It ain't pretty, but you've been more than fair with the letting him live, and I myself have the aforementioned reasons for not being terribly unhappy with him being dead.

I was joshing with you about the mind duel thing, not saying that I would have handled any better. Kinda reminds me of the FO2 segment where you get beaten at chess by a radscorpion.

I thank you for a civil debate over the necessity of metaphorical player cannibalism, 'twas fun.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »

You know what, this interests me, Waiting List?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 20, 2012, 12:47:44 am »

Prologue: Accomplishment

((Damn it, that's not what I meant.))
Siphon life from fish and similar.
You don't notice any fish in the water. Perhaps the waves are scaring them all away, or perhaps the waves are just making it so you can't see any. The fact that you're dying and thus unconscious might also be a factor.

Use a weak heal-over-time spell on Gustuvo that enhances the body's natural regeneration.
[6-1+1] You place a weak regeneration spell on Gustavo to enhance his body's natural processes. Unfortunately, his natural processes are currently spiraling towards death, which you sort of encourage.

+2 Restoration
Now Apprentice Restoration Mage
Gustavo now dying faster

Rhedarios aksfoiwedfoiwlçdmwlç.

Try once again.
[1+1-1] Black lightning once again cackles around you, and you once again fall to the ground, writhing in pain.

-5 HP
Trait Gained: Dark Novice (-1 healing, +1 dark energy attacks)

Sleep, restfully. I've done all I can do.
[5] You doze peacefully off in a pleasant nap, unperturbed by the screams of your allies.

[1] Your throat hurts so badly when you wake up. You're pretty sure it's gonna need some serious magic to fix, much less return to being able to speak again.

Recovered all health
Out of commission until current events are resolved

Eric opened his mouth, and a wheezing gasp came out:
"Lamar, it's Eric! If you can hear me... stop the attack! Please..."
Beg Lamar-Algae to stop the mind-rape - you know, just in case Lamar has enough pull within the tandem to actually do that.
If that doesn't work out, repeatedly blast myself with soul-rending necromantic energy in the blind hope that a lucky hit will sever the connection between me and the Algae.

((@Unholy_Pariah: Consider this a gift out of respect for your popping an RTD cherry. By the way, this is a priceless opportunity for you to check whether you can handle the Algae.))
[5] You plead with the algae, and get your response- a confused sort of ignorance, as though the thing isn't really used to the concept of animal communication.

[3-3+2] You release a useless, though thankfully harmless, burst of necrotic energy in your efforts to sever the link.

[2] You feel yourself sort of seeing things like the plant does, and you feel like moving like how the plant's moving.

+2 Necromancy
Now Adept Necromancer

((huzzah, altering my previous action to try and remove mind raping tendrils.))

edit: moving it here to make it easier to find.
Get plant thingy to remove metaphorical tendrils from Eric's mind and then if there's time rest and stuff, also have Rachel drag my body down the beach away from the rest of the group and out of combat range just in case HmH is correct in his fears.
[5] Using your unique position as a parasitic soul, you jimmy Eric's soul free of the plant's. That was easy!

[4] You remain anchored, albeit not very securely, to the plant's body. You shout and wave your arms at Rachel, but she either can't see ghosts or is being very rude.

[3] The plant stumbles to its feet, sloshing and staggering in the waves.

Eric's soul freed

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Also, V-Norrec added to waitlist.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Accomplishment)
« Reply #605 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:40 am »

Ack! Pull energy from trees or something.
"Hey! Anyone willing to spare some energy for a wounded comrade? I can spread it around all of us, if that's a good idea."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2012, 01:47:10 am »

((I usually lost 4 hp from these things. Also, what, dark novice?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 20, 2012, 01:54:45 am »

((I felt chain spamming heal spells that failed that often warranted a trait (and more damage than usual). It'll probably be possible to get rid of somehow. :3

In the meantime you're a fluffy Sith. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:25 am »

((you're making the plant stand up just to spite me for trying to predict stuff aren't you?))

try to merge with the plant soul more to regain motor control. if successful attempt to stumble down the beach away from the group.

((out of curiosity what are the current events that prevent Draignean from doing stuff? is it just my kelpman body wandering around or is it also everyone else killing themselves and each other?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 20, 2012, 02:22:04 am »

((I never said it was a boss, I just said it stood up. :P

And mainly it was the kelpman incident in general preventing Draignean, but that sort of died down mostly. The everyone killing themselves part also qualifies, but I don't think that'll be an issue very long either.

So, yeah, he should be back in action and very well rested before long.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:24 am »

((I felt chain spamming heal spells that failed that often warranted a trait (and more damage than usual). It'll probably be possible to get rid of somehow. :3

In the meantime you're a fluffy Sith. :P))
((Actually, I don't see any way of ditching the dark novice thing and it hurts even more my healing rolls, which screws even further my chances of healing and theoretically getting rid of the trait.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 20, 2012, 02:59:49 am »

((it hurts even more my healing rolls, which screws even further my chances of healing and theoretically getting rid of the trait.))
((Well, true. I'll figure something out. I guess not (intentionally) using the good part could help, maybe? There's also non-healing aspects to Restoration that you could maybe use to skillup, if you were really determined.

In the meantime, fluffy sith. :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2012, 03:12:59 am »

Rest.
>Yes?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 20, 2012, 03:49:20 am »

((It always seems to me, that restoration and plant magic are the kinds of magic that go wrong the most. I'm surprised, it took a lot longer for the Staggered magi party to get to this state! Then again, we didn't get a plant magic user until later.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:28 am »

Use a level 1 cure to stabilize Gus.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43