Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72367 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Pining for the Fjords)
« Reply #555 on: July 26, 2012, 09:36:16 am »

When Lamar stopped breathing, Eric scratched his beard in puzzlement... then chuckled and said ominously:
"What the hell, why not?"

Raise Lamar's body as my undead servant.

Also, examine the Mask from a magical point of view. Why isn't it working? How to fix it? Can I enchant it with Necromancy?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:31:12 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 26, 2012, 10:29:02 am »

When Lamar's heart stopped, Eric scratched his beard in puzzlement... then chuckled and said ominously:
((there is a difference between technically dead and actually dead... after all plants don't need a pulse.  ;D))

Honestly though, half plant fire mage will be a... unique combination. Perhaps your mask will prevent you from lighting yourself on fire.))
((because its done such a bang up job so far. :P))

okay so nutrients are a no go... should i try photosynthesizing?

Placeholder action: use dreams to remember what effect my mask has
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:34:24 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 26, 2012, 10:43:58 am »

When Lamar stopped breathing, Eric scratched his beard in puzzlement... then chuckled and said ominously:
((there is a difference between technically dead and actually dead... after all plants don't need a pulse.  ;D))
((I can, however, raise the parts of your body that are not made of kelp, since these parts are dead.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 26, 2012, 11:53:31 am »

so im gonna be a half undead fleshwarping skeletal clawed kelp-man fire mage? this is either gonna be extremely interesting or end horrifically... is it bad i want some concept art of that?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 26, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »

so im gonna be a half undead fleshwarping skeletal clawed kelp-man fire mage? this is either gonna be extremely interesting or end horrifically... is it bad i want some concept art of that?
((Not so different from my character back in Staggered Magi I. By the end of the game, his ghost was haunting his own mindless skeleton together with a nature spirit, Ochita and Flagrarus. We had to roll against each other to determine who gets control of the hands.
And I still managed to die in the last turn. Guess how? Yes, that's right: Frelock, our group's healer, just so happened to roll a Cheddarius of epic proportions. No, really.

Hmm. Irony, could you do me a favor? Please roll for these two actions. Even after all that time, I can't help but hunger for an official outcome to that duel.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 26, 2012, 02:25:14 pm »

((Ah, the glory that is frelock killing so many people at once, except me. And even then, that was an accident on my part. It really became hectic in those last turns, really. I still blame the plant though. Also, what did Cheddarius do to be known as a massive failure roll thing?))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 26, 2012, 02:37:51 pm »

((Three healing miscasts in a row.
All of them with an AoE spell.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 26, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

((Aheh, wow. I can see why cheddarius will always be the patron of failed heals.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 27, 2012, 03:27:32 pm »

Clarence was actually quite pleased with the notebook, it hadn't given him step by step instructions, but it had at least given him a lead more viable than the last one. Kelp was plentiful, and he was sure he could get a bit of blood from somewhere....

Follow the helpful advice of the book. Slather Lamar with kelp, and possibly some of my blood, until he gets a bit more evil better.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2012, 05:51:44 pm »

Prologue: DID I STUTTER?

Rhedarios stood up with energy, revitalized and hoping his next attempts at !!MAGIC!! wouldn't be as disastrous as before. The small amount of time he dedicated to resting didn't get him enough time to understand the his scaly companion's book, but he'd try to improve by himself anyway.
"Ok...I have to try once more."

Rhedarios tries to heal himself again with simple restoration magic.
[2-1] You are forced to reconsider the meaning of "restoration magic" as pain once again lances through your arms, along with crackling black energy.

-4 HP
+1 Restoration
Now Novice Restoration Mage

Explore my new-found ability to sense changes in my physical condition while sleeping.
[2] Probably a fluke.

Also you feel better again.

+3 HP

Deposit the crab seasoning at camp, continue hunting.
[2] There's a beach. Deer like beaches, right?

Doesn't seem so.

Also, examine the Mask from a magical point of view. Why isn't it working? How to fix it? Can I enchant it with Necromancy?

[2-3+2] Y-you GL someth- GLORY -thing w- T went w-wrong. You TO feel strange, and TH feel an uncom- THE -fortable connection to Lamar's corpse.

+1 Necromancy

Placeholder action: use dreams to remember what effect my mask has
[6] Your dreams wander to how lazy certain people are, and you forget entirely to dream about what it actually does. Probably nothing because someone was so lazy.

Not that it matters a lot to you personally at this point.

[3] Your body shudders, limbs tensing a bit as more of you shifts to plantmeatstuff.

Clarence was actually quite pleased with the notebook, it hadn't given him step by step instructions, but it had at least given him a lead more viable than the last one. Kelp was plentiful, and he was sure he could get a bit of blood from somewhere....

Follow the helpful advice of the book. Slather Lamar with kelp, and possibly some of my blood, until he gets a bit more evil better.
[5+2-2] You stabilize him admirably, his body taking in the extra kelp and blood. He even starts visibly breathing again! ...he still looks dead, though.

+2 Transmutation, +2 Alchemy
-4 HP

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

I'll go ahead and roll your, uh, spiritual showdown later.

Also, remember that that Cheddarius' fatal miscast was by no means his first brush with healing magic. The first few turns were basically also that except he got better.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: DID I STUTTER?)
« Reply #565 on: July 30, 2012, 05:55:22 pm »

"Oh, so we're all dying around here. Great."

See if I can just reverse the conduit of drain life to make it give life. Afterwards, try first aid. Also, go fishing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:45:06 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 30, 2012, 06:33:08 pm »

Rhedarios sighed and facepalmed.

Try again.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:07 pm »

Sleep talk inanities at Rhedarios' general direction that sound like good advice for magic, but ultimately mean nothing and are largely incomprehensible.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 30, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »

GLORY TO THE GRAVE-DIGGER! Take proper control over the kelp thingy and show it who's the boss.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 11:10:26 pm by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:06 pm »

rest, recuperate, photosynthesize. dream about eating delicious magical light fishies.

((does food give hp back in this? if so you may wanna eat that crab powder and maybe go fishing.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:42:42 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43