Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72427 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Skilled Medical Professionals)
« Reply #525 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:11 am »

((Oh. And how do you know there is a crab anywhere in the vicinity? Gus found the crab after walking some distance out of the cave, so it's not like you can see the CRAB BATTLE right now.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:16 am »

((yes but im turning into seaweed man... so i can sense water.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2012, 02:57:39 am »

((yes but im turning into seaweed man... so i can sense water.))
((That's kinda pushin' it.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59:01 am »

((but... plants grow towards water and light :())
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2012, 03:15:06 am »

((but... plants grow towards water and light :())
((I did you a favor by letting you live three turns ago, even though it could save everyone in the group the time, effort and HPs we spent trying to heal you.

So do me a favor now: stop hurrying to become an algae monster so much. IronyOwl is not a GM who'll let you hunt for fish all willy nilly while the seaweeds are eating your brain. I promise you will turn into an algae monster soon, but you'll need to exercise patience for a few turns.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2012, 03:29:08 am »

fine...do what HmH suggests unless it involves me dying.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:49:26 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2012, 05:46:09 am »

((Every action will lead to a person's death, somehow.  :P))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2012, 06:06:56 am »

((Every action will lead to a person's death, somehow.  :P))
((But not every action involves people dying.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:50 am »

Huh, apparently this was going to be one of those "condemn to damnation" moments.

Use my transmutation to control the spread and attempt to bond the condition back into the dying man, hopefully stopping it from killing this poor soul and making it regenerate him like it should.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2012, 12:33:21 pm »

Am I conscious?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:11 pm »

Am I conscious?
((I don't think so. I hope I'm able to get to the next level of restoration magic so I can save all of our asses.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 17, 2012, 01:28:18 pm »

Am I conscious?
((I don't think so. I hope I'm able to get to the next level of restoration magic so I can save all of our asses.))
((I don't get why you're practicing on yourself instead of Nirur, though. You won't be able to heal anyone if you contract the dying disease.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2012, 01:32:03 pm »

((I don't get why you're practicing on yourself instead of Nirur, though. You won't be able to heal anyone if you contract the dying disease.))
((He has a -1 to being healed. If I try to heal Nirur without getting to the next level in restoration magic, my roll will get a -2 penalty to it. Another explosion would happen.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »

Bump in the name of the Seaweed-Man! *in an announcer's voice* Will he work with the heroes to reach the enigmatic Rift? Or will he become their nemesis instead? Only time will show!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 21, 2012, 04:26:20 pm »

Prologue: Meatweed and Blood

Rhedarios gets a little further away then tries to cure himself again with simple restoration magic if the bonus and negatives stay the same.

God damn it, I SHALL MAKE IT WORK. And the dying disease has reached contagious levels.
[6-1+1] You exhaust yourself healing a bit more damage.

+2 Restoration
+4 HP
Exhausted

"I will not be defeated by a crab."
More life drain, targeting its weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE
[6+1-1-1] vs [3] You dash towards the crab, legs thicker around than it is carrying you far faster than it could possibly move. With one fluid swiping motion, you bring your green-wreathed hand clear through it, sucking up its delicious life force in the process.

+3 Necromancy
Now Apprentice Necromancer
+1 HP
Foul Crab Slain

The cave had gotten too dark to continue, and so Eric would have to turn back and abandon his venture. Frustrated, Eric returned to the group just in time to see Lamar trashing, slowly going green as the seaweed spread through his body.
"What the hell were you people doing while I was gone? Wait, don't answer that, just let me at him. I can put these seaweeds under control... all I need is a working soul jar."

The third time's the charm! Go back to the group. Have the blood already on my Soul Jar dry up and solidify, so as to create a water-insulating crust. Take Lamar's bendy dagger and carve a tiny incision in my upper leg; bleed into the Jar until it's full.

UPD: "Alright, kid, lie still. I've got to take your mask now. You wouldn't want to have it fused to your body for the rest of your life, would you?"

Once my foolproof plan to bleed has been succesful, perform the Fusing Ritual:
1. Take Lamar's mask and put it on.
(This part is very important: if I did that outside of the ritual, it would be stealing, but now, it's magic.)
2. Take a small part of Lamar's soul and put it into the Soul Jar.
3. Fuse the souls of Lamar and the algae together.

If we're lucky, Lamar's mind will overpower that of the algae and take full control of his new body. Seaweed is usually mindless, so we won't need much luck for that to happen.
The step with the Soul Jar is just a failsafe in case we get unlucky: by the Law of Contagion, even a small part of Lamar's current soul will give me a magical link to Lamar-Algae's new soul - a leverage I can use to control it.
[4] You successfully fill the jar with your delicious blood. You notice Lamar's bendy dagger is now a regular dagger; apparently whatever was done to it was temporary.

It occurs to you that you really don't have time to gain leverage over his soul and fuse it, so you go with the part that will still be relevant if the other doesn't happen. You steal magic his mask anyway, though.

[3+2-3] Your attempts at fusing the two fail, merely riling both... "souls" up.

+2 Necromancy
-1 HP
Gained Shiny Thin Dagger, Lamar's Mask

Huh, apparently this was going to be one of those "condemn to damnation" moments.

Use my transmutation to control the spread and attempt to bond the condition back into the dying man, hopefully stopping it from killing this poor soul and making it regenerate him like it should.
[6-3+2] You expertly bond the condition back to Lamar. He continues to thrash, writhe, and be consumed from within, but it looks more like a meat-seaweed combination than just seaweed, and it looks more like the same body transforming than one being replaced by the other.

In short, he's... more cured than he was.

become plant man, stand up, attack the fishies.

((real fishies, not my teammates.))

Observe hands... see if becoming seaweed fixes them.
Your "hands" look white and glowy. Come to think of it everything looks white and glowy. Until it starts tinting green, and your lower half feels like its made of seaweed pulling you back down. Uh...

[3] You gurgle and thrash a bit less severely, which would be more comforting if your previous levels hadn't been a result of imminent death.

Am I conscious?
((Sorry, forgot to officially answer this. No, you're out.))

[4] You stabilize after a bit more damage. You're still unconscious, though.

-5 HP, Stable

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43