Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72485 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: CHEDDARIUSSSSSSS!)
« Reply #480 on: June 30, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »

Spoiler: Invalid Action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:50:10 pm by HmH »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:57 pm »

((I was hoping to coach him through the spell, not cast my own spell. Since that's apparently not possible, is it possible to, say, improve slow regeneration salves by throwing healing magic at them while they're being created? Is it possible to use my knowledge of metamagic to practice combo spells with people [for stabilization or shoveling more energy into it]?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 30, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

((Why did I get -1-1 instead of -1? I meant I only wanted to heal if the penalty was the -1 base one.

And I wanted to get restoration like Nirur, unless the uses are the same.))
Oh. Yeah, that's not possible; there are no Level 0 spells. Or none that'd get you exp in combat, at least.

I'll change it to restoration then.

((I was hoping to coach him through the spell, not cast my own spell. Since that's apparently not possible, is it possible to, say, improve slow regeneration salves by throwing healing magic at them while they're being created? Is it possible to use my knowledge of metamagic to practice combo spells with people [for stabilization or shoveling more energy into it]?))
To be honest, this may have been because I forgot what everyone's actions were and didn't bother to read ahead at the time. I'm not sure exactly how coaching someone through something would work, though.

Adding relevant magic to alchemy or similar will generally improve it, yes. Working together obviously has its own pitfalls, of course.

Metamagic is generally too "pure" to directly empower or assist other spells in that manner, similar to how you can't really use earth magic to stabilize a fire spell or fire magic to empower an earth one. More in-depth solutions, like mixing metamagic with other spells similar to combining fire and earth to get a lava spell, could work, though again combining spells has its own issues. Less in-depth solutions, like trying to forcibly direct an outside spell to make it more accurate or contained, could also potentially work.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2012, 05:05:09 pm »

((Hey Irony, you forgot to take those 5 HP away from Eric.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 30, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »

((Hey Irony, you forgot to take those 5 HP away from Eric.))
When I said "all around" I meant the people immediately adjacent to you, not everyone everyone. Which was still half the team plus half the NPCs, but still.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 30, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »

Deleted action:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:39:17 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2012, 06:18:26 pm »

Raise Lamars corpse once Eric is done with it.
((The group should use logic. If Eric is doing it to Lamar it means that he'll kill anyone who becomes helpless. Not a nice prospect if you ask me.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 30, 2012, 06:28:45 pm »

Raise Lamars corpse once Eric is done with it.
((The group should use logic. If Eric is doing it to Lamar it means that he'll kill anyone who becomes helpless. Not a nice prospect if you ask me.))
((Is that an implication to stop him? Or just to be wary?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:48 pm »

((Don't even think about it HmH... i did not complain and manouvre this long just to die because you have become impatient due to the lack of skull taking opportunities... Now i demand you explore the rock outcropping for skeletons or medical plants.))

((also no letting Caellath heal me... that's Nirur's job since hes the only one who ever has anything remotely resembling success in that field.))

logical arguments time:
1) Nirur is the only one who can save me.
2) He may fail anyway, in which case you can loot my skull anyway.
3) Killing me wastes a turn you could spend scavenging or hunting.
4) if you find a skeleton or an animal to kill you get a skull and/or food not to mention a resurrectable minion.
5) if you zombify an animal and i wake up i can start making it stronger.
6) ima haunt you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:01:32 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 30, 2012, 09:09:27 pm »

((@Unholy_Pariah: My bad. I won't try to heal you anymore. I'm very sorry.

@GM: Eric's healing attempt was directed at Gustavo.

@HmH: Stop being a douche.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 30, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »

((@GM: Eric's healing attempt was directed at Gustavo.))
Oh, hey, it was. Um. Draining life from one person to another is a lot trickier than draining it into yourself, though. More traditional healing magic would also help with that.

Uh... for the moment I think it's best to just leave it as is. I guess I could retcon it if it was really wanted, but healing Gustavo via draining the plant would have been a different scale of difficulty, so I'd basically have to blot out and reconsider the whole action.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 30, 2012, 10:48:46 pm »

((Don't even think about it HmH... i did not complain and manouvre this long just to die because you have become impatient due to the lack of skull taking opportunities... Now i demand you explore the rock outcropping for skeletons or medical plants.))

logical arguments time:
1) Nirur is the only one who can save me.
2) He may fail anyway, in which case you can loot my skull anyway.
3) Killing me wastes a turn you could spend scavenging or hunting.
4) if you find a skeleton or an animal to kill you get a skull and/or food not to mention a resurrectable minion.
5) if you zombify an animal and i wake up i can start making it stronger.
6) ima haunt you.
((My counterarguments:
0) No counterarguments to your moral premise.
1) Nirur's healing can be spent more effectively on other recipients; moreso, his character is known for hesitating to heal people when they most need it.
2) No counterarguments here, either. He could pull a Flagrarus, though, but that's unlikely... right?
3) It also frees up a lot of time our group would spend trying to heal you.
4) No counterarguments here, and not something I have thought about at the time. This changes everything.
5) Again, I haven't really thought there could be skeletons in this alcove.
6) I'ma trap your soul if you try, but that's irrelevant.

Overall, your case is solid and my idea of killing your character, born in the boiling depths of sleep-deprived madness, is starting to seem less and less lucrative to me. Invalidating my action now; Spinal_Taper, you might want to take note of that.

@IronyOwl: as sad as I am to say it, Eric the Objectivist Douchebag would refuse to heal Gustavo after Fluffy's Nova went off. Such an action would seem to him an irrational waste of perfectly good lifeforce and it would deprive him of a tactical high ground against his strange bedfellows, both of which are a no-no.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 10:51:12 pm by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2012, 10:52:30 pm »

@IronyOwl: as sad as I am to say it, Eric the Objectivist Douchebag would refuse to heal Gustavo after Fluffy's Nova went off. Such an action would seem to him an irrational waste of perfectly good lifeforce and it would deprive him of a tactical high ground against his strange bedfellows, both of which are a no-no.))
Hooray for convenient misreadings then? :P

6) ima haunt you.
6) I'ma trap your soul if you try, but that's irrelevant.
And yeah, this generally isn't the best argument to use against a necromancer. :P

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2012, 11:31:51 pm »

Hooray for convenient misreadings then? :P
((Yep. And for GMs who keep the worst enemies of the group in their top shape! :P

Anyway, here's the new action. Let's all consider the old one to have never taken place... unless you want Lamar killed, that is.))

Eric scratched his chin as he thought what to do with the Masked One. Right now, the group was pretty much helpless, so he could, if he wanted, end the youngster's misery and take his skull... but alienating everyone would be bad in the long run.
Instead, Eric chose to get a few minutes' rest and examine the cave; the group's attempts to heal the Masked One would be as lethal to him as anything Eric could do. He leaned his staff against a wall and sat on the alcove's floor:
"Alright, that's it: we can finally stop for a while. I think this is as good a place as any to break camp. Who's with me?"

Rest and recuperate. Look at the alcove in more detail as I do so; pay utmost attention to skeletons, burned-out campfires and dark passages in the alcove's walls.

UPD: ((I will be unavailable from today and until July 9th, or maybe a few days more. Feel free to auto me if need be.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:33:03 pm by HmH »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 30, 2012, 11:41:10 pm »

Gustavo looks over at Greg
"Hey, can I get some healing?"
If he can, he goes and forages for corpses and food. If he can't he goes and sets up camp.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43