Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72614 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Parry Plant)
« Reply #390 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:13 pm »

Eric sighed. The Alchemist's strict refusal to go with the only good plan Eric had was unsettling; now he didn't see any other way out of this rather than running away and killing the plant from afar.
Eric turned to where the sound came from and answered the pirate captain's covert call:

"No, we ain't got this. You have a plan?"

Try to rot off the vine that's holding me. Ask the Captain for his insight into killing violent, oversized plants.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 23, 2012, 02:04:22 pm »

Eric sighed. The Alchemist's strict refusal to go with the only good plan Eric had was unsettling; now he didn't see any other way out of this rather than running away and killing the plant from afar.
Eric turned to where the sound came from and answered the pirate captain's covert call:

Try to rot off the vine that's holding me. Ask the Captain for his insight into killing violent, oversized plants.

((The idea does occur, in a strictly meta kind of of way, that you might be able to animate pure blood. If I transmuted some rainwater into something else suitably nasty we could poison the blood, then feed the plant poisoned blood. I seriously don't want to directly transmute this thing's bloodstream except as a last resort, accidentally giving it Alien acid blood would not help our situation.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 23, 2012, 07:47:01 pm »

((The idea does occur, in a strictly meta kind of of way, that you might be able to animate pure blood.))
((Assuming I do succeed... exactly how would I kill the plant with it? It's animate blood. Plants don't choke on a normal scale, so drowning it is out of question, and draining the plant of all blood will only serve to strengthen its hunger. The plant's tissues are strong enough to withstand the Knight's assault, so I can't even burst it from inside!
So... yeah. You lost me at what comes after I animate the blood.

On a side note, I want to point out that you can always transmute the human blood in the plant's digestive tract. That way, even if you end up turning it into acid instead of poison, you'll still kill the plant.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:53 pm »

Prologue: Freedom

((Oops, I was trying to think of some way to get free without greedily just freeing myself. I didn't think of anything.))

Protect myself with magic armor.
[5+2-3] You shroud yourself in force-plates.

[1+3] vs [3-1+1+1] Thanks to your new arcane armor, the plant fails to suck out any more delicious blood.

+3 Metamagic
Force Armor: +1 Dodge Rolls

((I want the aftereffects (like making negotiation easier?) that a 6 would have caused, since it would have been a 6-1+1 roll there. :P))

Rhedarios's ears lower as much as they can while being strangled by a thorny plant as the female knight calls him a seducer. His eyes trail sadly around the length of the vines holding him. The woman should not be a bad person, but she acted like one, arrogant, selfish and unwelcoming of his friendly advances. Well, he should not give up so quickly, but it seemed to be the time for escaping. His head hung low as he started to try to set himself free.

"...Rachel, are you alright? Please stay away, we will try and free ourselves."
His body started to slip and turn inside its prison, although even its own owner had serious doubts about its capacity to do so with efficience. Although he would be free, even if it took time. 

Escape from the thorny prison.
[3+1] vs [4+3] You fail to escape the vines' thorny grip.

[6+3] vs [8+1] You do manage to avoid having any blood sucked out, however.

"I'm fine," Rachel calls back, eying the plant cautiously.

Gus closed his eyes and begun to chant the curse of rot, focusing on the vines trapping the Elderly Magician.

"Ach-Perroz Ferrod Tuminz"
[1-1+1-1] You inflict the curse on your own hands instead.

+1 Necromancy
-4 HP

Clarence looked irritably at the questioning orc and shook his head emphatically. He had never boasted to be able to change the blood in a person's veins, that was something he had never tried. Blood was an alloy, made of a thousand different things, and transmuting it meant compensating for each of those elements. He'd threatened in the bar to turn the air into something foul, but that had been inside where the air was still. Out here it was windy, actively raining, and this plant was huge- not to mention the fact that plants had the habit of breathing very slowly. He'd probably asphyxiate everyone before he even managed to hurt the plant.
    Illi sighed because sighing and grunting were all his ravaged vocal cords could do. He would have dearly loved to give a dissertation on the probable motivations of the plant, notably its hemophagic desire for nutrients and probable growth strategy, but that was impossible. Orc needed to be more observant.

Wriggle free of the vines, then consult my notebook for ways to deal with immense, blood sucking plant monsters.
[4] vs [2] You manage to wriggle free of the now slippery vines. [5] You also manage to get a good distance away from it.

[3] A quick perusal reveals that giant bloodsucking plant monsters are more active when looking for more blood.

[3-2+2] You severely weaken the vines gripping you, but fail to rot them off completely.

[10+1] vs [10+1] You and the greatly rotted vines engage in a wrestling match of epic proportions, but it fails to get your blood.

"Yer the wiz'rds!" comes the faint reply.

+1 Necromancy
+1 Wrestling

Quote from: Unholy_Pariah
Be tasty!
The plant sucks [2] a bit of blood from the unconscious fire mage.

((Normally you'd probably be dead right now, but since no amount was specified, I'll say you die at -20 HP instead this time.))

-2 HP

Rachel just stands back, considering what to do next.

[9+4-2] vs [2+3] The knight finally brings her sword through the vines holding her, stumbling free. [3] She almost gets to safety.

[1][2] One crossbowman trips into the vines, the other fails to stumble out of the way.

[7+3][5+3] vs [10+2][9+2] The plant fails to suck the blood out of the first or grab the second.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:18:41 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Freedom)
« Reply #394 on: May 23, 2012, 09:41:39 pm »

Well that was thoroughly helpful. Bloodsucking plant monsters were active when they were drinking blood. Clarence shut the notebook irritatedly and turned back to the writhing plant thing. He was free but he was running out of idea.
   Granted the last time he ran out of ideas he was quite successful, though that success had lead to this problem. He still had the potential psychic bond with the plant, though he wasn't sure if that was actually there or just a fancy...
   Well, there was one way to find out.
   Clarence thought of blood, lakes of blood, oceans of blood. He thought about all the juicy blood in my veins, perfectly aged and ripe for the taking. All the plantmonster had to do to get it was to drop everything and haul herbaceous ass to get him.

Dupe the plantmonster into dropping everything in my pursuit. IF this works, or it just charges me, then RUN LIKE HELL.

If it doesn't work, then kelpify the thorns on Lamar, preventing them from draining more blood.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 23, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »

Rhedarios watches with aprehension as the situation improves little to almost nothing. Admittedly, he should have been trying with more passion to get free and save his companions and his impromptu allies, but he feels as if he is of almost no use at the moment. He starts to breath slowly to try and concentrate on slipping free of the plant's grasp while worrying about his companions, especially about Lamar's condition.

"We need to help Lamar or he will be killed. On the other side, we need to get free from these first..."

He would ask for help from the female knight, but she was busy and he was still a little bewildered from being called a "seducer". The quarter-dragon did not remember trying to seduce anyone, especially because he did not want to do it nor thought himself capable of doing so.

Destroy a few of the thorns with the claw, then escape from the vines.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:08:04 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 23, 2012, 09:58:47 pm »

Now that the vines were more-or-less as weak as him, Eric could divert his attention to other matters. It seemed the pirate was intent on staying away from the battle, so Eric would have had to cooperate with the reptilian healer to free Lamar; it would be quite dangerous to learn Fleshwarping from scratch, so Eric didn't feel like leaving Lamar for dead.
"Hey, you! Healer! I saw you work Metamagic spells. Can you levitate the Masked Man to safety if I free him?"
If Greg agrees to cooperate, then rot off Lamar's vines.
If he doesn't, free myself and run away in Captain's approximate direction.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:30:22 pm by HmH »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:59 am »

He struggled against the vines to look over at the man who's hands he hadn't had enough time to heal. He winced at the sight.
"Yes, if the vines are slow about grabbing him again."

Levitate the probably-dead guy away from the vines.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 24, 2012, 10:45:37 am »

((well this is odd... i somehow didn't get email updates from the past 2 turns  :-\))

Be levitated
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:47:30 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 26, 2012, 08:31:08 pm »

Prologue: Wriggle Wriggle

Well that was thoroughly helpful. Bloodsucking plant monsters were active when they were drinking blood. Clarence shut the notebook irritatedly and turned back to the writhing plant thing. He was free but he was running out of idea.
   Granted the last time he ran out of ideas he was quite successful, though that success had lead to this problem. He still had the potential psychic bond with the plant, though he wasn't sure if that was actually there or just a fancy...
   Well, there was one way to find out.
   Clarence thought of blood, lakes of blood, oceans of blood. He thought about all the juicy blood in my veins, perfectly aged and ripe for the taking. All the plantmonster had to do to get it was to drop everything and haul herbaceous ass to get him.

Dupe the plantmonster into dropping everything in my pursuit. IF this works, or it just charges me, then RUN LIKE HELL.

If it doesn't work, then kelpify the thorns on Lamar, preventing them from draining more blood.

[2-4+3] The plant ignores you entirely.

Rhedarios watches with aprehension as the situation improves little to almost nothing. Admittedly, he should have been trying with more passion to get free and save his companions and his impromptu allies, but he feels as if he is of almost no use at the moment. He starts to breath slowly to try and concentrate on slipping free of the plant's grasp while worrying about his companions, especially about Lamar's condition.

"We need to help Lamar or he will be killed. On the other side, we need to get free from these first..."

He would ask for help from the female knight, but she was busy and he was still a little bewildered from being called a "seducer". The quarter-dragon did not remember trying to seduce anyone, especially because he did not want to do it nor thought himself capable of doing so.

Destroy a few of the thorns with the claw, then escape from the vines.
[7+2] vs [3+3] You carve several deep cuts in the plant, but fail to break free.

[1+3] vs [8+1] The plant fails to draw blood.

+2 Clawfighting

Now that the vines were more-or-less as weak as him, Eric could divert his attention to other matters. It seemed the pirate was intent on staying away from the battle, so Eric would have had to cooperate with the reptilian healer to free Lamar; it would be quite dangerous to learn Fleshwarping from scratch, so Eric didn't feel like leaving Lamar for dead.
"Hey, you! Healer! I saw you work Metamagic spells. Can you levitate the Masked Man to safety if I free him?"
If Greg agrees to cooperate, then rot off Lamar's vines.
If he doesn't, free myself and run away in Captain's approximate direction.

He struggled against the vines to look over at the man who's hands he hadn't had enough time to heal. He winced at the sight.
"Yes, if the vines are slow about grabbing him again."

Levitate the probably-dead guy away from the vines.
Greg attempts to levitate Lamar. [3+2-2] He drifts up slightly, but not very much.

Eric attempts to rot off Lamar's vines from a distance. [5-3+2] He succeeds, and Lamar pops free of the rotten plant matter. He remains among it simply because he's not levitating very much, however.

[1+3][5+3] vs [4-1+1+1][5+1] The vines fail to draw anything from Greg, but pull out [3] a fair bit of Eric's blood.

Greg: +1 Metamagic
Eric: +3 Necromancy
-3 HP

Quote from: Spinal_Auto
Flee!
[5] vs [9+3] Gustavo fails to escape the grasping vines. [3+3] vs [1] They suck out [5] an impressive amount of blood.

[1+4] vs [3+3] The knight hacks at the vines, but fails to do much.

[5+2][3+2] vs [4+3][9+3] One ranger attempts to hack at the vines, while the other attempts to wriggle free of them. Both fail.

[5+3] vs [5+2] They drain [6] a massive quantity of blood from the trapped one.

Rachel just stands back and watches, looking concerned. There's no further voices from the storm.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Wriggle Wriggle)
« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »

Continue levitating the suicidal fleshwarper out of there.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2012, 08:52:51 pm »

Oops lol. Gustavo shouts "Hey mage guy, wanna help us?" then tries to rip the vines to bits, focusing necromantic magic through his fingers into the plant as he grabs them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »

Rhedarios blablablablablabla. Getting repetitive.

Escape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2012, 11:57:46 pm »

"There are four mages here, Gus, in case you didn't notice."
Finish rotting off my vine and escape.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2012, 01:25:49 am »

"There are four mages here, Gus, in case you didn't notice."
Finish rotting off my vine and escape.
"Which one would you think I meant?" Gus retorts.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43