Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72657 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Parry Plant)
« Reply #375 on: May 23, 2012, 10:36:54 am »

On a closer look, one would notice the Alchemist was struggling to so much as breathe: Eric got the impression that he was physically unable to speak.
"You can't talk? Fantastic. Gasp twice for 'yes' or something while I play a 'guess the valid strategy' with you.
First off, have you tried poisoning the plant? As in, turning whatever flows through its veins into something toxic? You boasted about being able to do that back at the bar, in case you forgot already."

((@Spinal_Taper: What caused this shocking display of generosity towards a murderous fanatic who's in no danger of being drained to death, as opposed to, I dunno, Nirur's or Caellath's characters?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:39:08 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 23, 2012, 10:44:40 am »

((@Spinal_Taper: What caused this shocking display of generosity towards a murderous fanatic who's in no danger of being drained to death, as opposed to, I dunno, Nirur's or Caellath's characters?))
((He's got a point, and anyway trying a curse of rot, especially while attempting to free two people, may get you in serious trouble. I advise you to try it only on one person, like Draignean's character.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 23, 2012, 10:47:07 am »

((He's got a point, and anyway trying a curse of rot, especially while attempting to free two people, may get you in serious trouble. I advise you to try it only on one person, like Draignean's character.))
((I'm trying to get them on our side, where we can betray them later.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:47 am »

((Sigh. I really should have picked an extremely cruel and bastardly character. Why the hell do you want to betray a possible ally that can shred you to bits? I'd rather keep them, because I doubt the Rift is bound to be a safe place.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2012, 10:55:16 am »

((Machiavellian!
[/sarcasm]
Really, don't. First, trying to rot two targets at once with your +0 to Necromancy will get you killed. Second, freeing the Knight will get us all killed. Your 'diplomacy' has led to nothing more but her mercifully agreeing to delay the battle until she is free from the tentacles' grasp.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2012, 10:56:11 am »

((Anyone dying yet?  :P))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2012, 10:58:05 am »

((Machiavellian!
[/sarcasm]
Really, don't. First, trying to rot two targets at once with your +0 to Necromancy will get you killed. Second, freeing the Knight will get us all killed. Your 'diplomacy' has led to nothing more but her mercifully agreeing to delay the battle until she is free from the tentacles' grasp.))
((I thought she agreed to not kill us until the whole vine monster thing was over with?))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2012, 10:58:15 am »

((Lamar. Dibs on his skull! Or his mask, if our do-gooders prevent me from taking his skull.))

((I thought she agreed to not kill us until the whole vine monster thing was over with?))
((That's the same as 'I won't fight you until I have every guarantee that I will win'.

The giant kraken-plant monster thing is scaring her more than us, in fact - we have the guy who made it and she doesn't.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:02:45 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:56 am »

((That's the same as 'I won't fight you until I have every guarantee that I will win'.

The giant kraken-plant monster thing is scaring her more than us, in fact - we have the guy who made it and she doesn't.))
Quote from: Turn
[6-1] You wheedle and beg, the vines wrapping around your ears in a cute manner. She seems a bit taken aback and unsure.

"I will consider sparing your life!" she shouts, continuing to hack at the vines.
((Best thing I could do as far as the matter of the female knight not killing us.

As for the matter of the woman being more afraid than we are, yes she is.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:12 am »

((Lamar. Dibs on his skull! Or his mask, if our do-gooders prevent me from taking his skull.))

((I thought knights were honorable and stuff))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 23, 2012, 11:14:55 am »

[5+2+1-3] "Very well, I call a truce until such time as we are out of reach of this... abomination!"
((Gus's action says that he did work something out. Too bad this 'truce' benefits us far less than herself.))

((I thought knights were honorable and stuff))
((Knights are devoted, that they are, but they sure as hell won't be honorable when it hurts their cause. This Knight's agreement was worded in such a way as to let her stab us in the back the moment the whole plant ordeal has been dealt with.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:56 am »

"Ye got this?" a voice calls out very faintly from the storm.
((I'm surprised no one actually answered that cowardly captain. Then again, I think it is best we do not answer him, it may only make matters worse.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:19:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 23, 2012, 11:46:52 am »

(( :o Why do you hate me?! I'm getting my own way out, aim the degenerative magic at someone else! I mean, Lamar is damned either way, you can't hurt him anymore he'd already get hurt if you fail.))

Clarence looked irritably at the questioning orc and shook his head emphatically. He had never boasted to be able to change the blood in a person's veins, that was something he had never tried. Blood was an alloy, made of a thousand different things, and transmuting it meant compensating for each of those elements. He'd threatened in the bar to turn the air into something foul, but that had been inside where the air was still. Out here it was windy, actively raining, and this plant was huge- not to mention the fact that plants had the habit of breathing very slowly. He'd probably asphyxiate everyone before he even managed to hurt the plant.
    Illi sighed because sighing and grunting were all his ravaged vocal cords could do. He would have dearly loved to give a dissertation on the probable motivations of the plant, notably its hemophagic desire for nutrients and probable growth strategy, but that was impossible. Orc needed to be more observant.

Wriggle free of the vines, then consult my notebook for ways to deal with immense, blood sucking plant monsters.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:15:51 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 23, 2012, 11:55:59 am »

(( :o Why do you hate me?! I'm getting my own way out, aim the degenerative magic at someone else! I mean, Lamar is damned either way, you can't hurt him anymore he'd already get hurt if you fail.))
((You did create this situation. Although it may actually play better for us in the long run if we manage, by some miracle, to convince our enemies to side with us.

And Lamar was actually safer with his face inside the mud than being fed on by a plant.))
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 23, 2012, 12:02:13 pm »

((You did create this situation. Although it may actually play better for us in the long run if we manage, by some miracle, to convince our enemies to side with us.

And Lamar was actually safer with his face inside the mud than being fed on by a plant.))

((Hey, the plant is just looking for a meal. Lamar would have been stabbed/shot to by the Imperial forces had events not conspired to bring about the plantocalypse. Lady knight did order her men to kill us all.

All in all this is one of the more favorable outcomes.))

((EDITED my last action to respond to HMH's edit.))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:16:45 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43