Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72650 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Blood Bank)
« Reply #360 on: May 22, 2012, 07:02:03 am »

how did i roll a 6 irony? i have -1 to all actions
please for the love of the thorny plant stop trying to intentionally kill me  :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:08 am »

That wasn't you, that was the plant's damage. Since you're unconscious (and now at negative HP), you can't really do much, barring unusual circumstances.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:55 am »

oh..damn...
for the love of the thorny plant someone save me

can i at least sleep it off to regen hp?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2012, 07:16:14 am »

Sleep while being eaten by giant plants tends to not really be restful enough to properly regain HP.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 22, 2012, 07:20:58 am »

i guess now would be a really good time to bring up trying to get back the extra 1hp that you took away from me on my second failed spell then.
((i have already given up... at least until i regenerate back up to 15 hp, then i might try again.))
((As a note, your Hp is lower than 8, the GM made a mistake. I guess it was supposed to be 8 + 1 (healing) - 1 (knife-cutting) - 5 (your magic) = 3.))

13 hp +2 healing = 15hp -6 damage = 9hp remaining if my math is correct

thanks for pointing that out.. you just got me 1 hp back :D

it could save me.. you never know

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2012, 08:10:12 am »

((Groveler? Not cool, but can I have that Flattery point on groveling instead then? Also, I guess the puppy eyes did not provide bonus there.

And...Self-humiliation for the win!))

Rhedarios yelps like a dragon whelp as the vines wrap around his ears. Afterwards, he blushes in shame - that was not very manly, was it? But his ears are still ticklish and he'd be moving them around if they hadn't been caught already. He looks at the women with a concerned look...The vicious plant seems to be harming Rachel, and at the very least the female knight seems to be freeing herself. Well, he still must try to convince her before it is too late.

"Please lady," Rhedarios begins, but starts to be occasionally interrupted by cute yelps as the vines tickle his ears. 

"...That is not enough, may you join us ~Kyaaa~ in our quest, I mean, to assist us and get glory for yourself ~Aiiiiiieee, that tickles~  as well, oh, hmm, disconsider the yelping, I mean we need your help as an ally!"
The quarter-breed blushes even more intensely as his attempts at communication are disturbed by his own ridiculous vocalizations.

Yelp like a puppy. Use overall cuteness with groveling and try to convince her.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:11:49 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:04 am »

No shit demons for me, then. But at least I can have a zombie T-Rex! That's something.
By the way, what's the modifier on stone spike or necrotic bolt spells?

Crawl out of the hole and stagger outside the plant's reach, then transfer life from the now-immobile Knight to Lamar. That kid sure looks like he needs some help waking up.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2012, 11:25:39 am »

Gus holds the chair leg as a duelist would a rapier, nimbly and light, preparing to parry any strikes made by the beserk vines. Then he leaps up onto the high-ground, looking for any decomposed material. "The only way we could survive this is if we work together, now and when we tend our wounds." He shouts, continuing his attempts of negotiation with the knight.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2012, 11:43:51 am »

Hmm.... This thing was cranky. Of course, Clarence was always a little kranky in the morning too, particularly before he got a good pot of strong tea. It would be interesting to see how much of his personality held up under the transformation, or if any had been transported into the creature via the finger.
   That, however, was something to observe in a laboratory. His current state didn't lend itself to much in the way of research. He needed down, the creature might be useful later, but it wouldn't do anyone any good if it kept killing them.

Transmute the hard flesh of the plant to slick kelp. Be as minimalist as possible, transforming only as much as I need to get loose.

((If only I had the sleeping potion.. I could have taken it, then waited for the plant to drink me.
Irony, since this thing is drinking human blood, could HMH use that to manipulate it?))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 23, 2012, 03:46:00 am »

Prologue: Parry Plant

((Groveler? Not cool, but can I have that Flattery point on groveling instead then? Also, I guess the puppy eyes did not provide bonus there.

And...Self-humiliation for the win!))

Rhedarios yelps like a dragon whelp as the vines wrap around his ears. Afterwards, he blushes in shame - that was not very manly, was it? But his ears are still ticklish and he'd be moving them around if they hadn't been caught already. He looks at the women with a concerned look...The vicious plant seems to be harming Rachel, and at the very least the female knight seems to be freeing herself. Well, he still must try to convince her before it is too late.

"Please lady," Rhedarios begins, but starts to be occasionally interrupted by cute yelps as the vines tickle his ears. 

"...That is not enough, may you join us ~Kyaaa~ in our quest, I mean, to assist us and get glory for yourself ~Aiiiiiieee, that tickles~  as well, oh, hmm, disconsider the yelping, I mean we need your help as an ally!"
The quarter-breed blushes even more intensely as his attempts at communication are disturbed by his own ridiculous vocalizations.

Yelp like a puppy. Use overall cuteness with groveling and try to convince her.
((Not cool indeed, but that again seemed to be the gist of your approach. And no. And damn it, I probably forgot about that somehow.))

[3+1] "Silence, seducer, or I'll have made my decision before you've a chance to speak again!"

[2+3] vs [9+1] The plant fails to drain any more blood.

No shit demons for me, then. But at least I can have a zombie T-Rex! That's something.
By the way, what's the modifier on stone spike or necrotic bolt spells?

Crawl out of the hole and stagger outside the plant's reach, then transfer life from the now-immobile Knight to Lamar. That kid sure looks like he needs some help waking up.
[5-1] Climbing out of the muck is hard, but you manage. [7+3] vs [2+1] Avoiding the plant is harder, and you don't quite manage that one. You find yourself too preoccupied with struggling out of the mud to perform any necromancy.

+2 Dodger

Gus holds the chair leg as a duelist would a rapier, nimbly and light, preparing to parry any strikes made by the beserk vines. Then he leaps up onto the high-ground, looking for any decomposed material. "The only way we could survive this is if we work together, now and when we tend our wounds." He shouts, continuing his attempts of negotiation with the knight.
[5+2+1-3] "Very well, I call a truce until such time as we are out of reach of this... abomination!"

[1+3] vs [8] The plant fails to drain any more blood.

+2 Persuasion

Hmm.... This thing was cranky. Of course, Clarence was always a little kranky in the morning too, particularly before he got a good pot of strong tea. It would be interesting to see how much of his personality held up under the transformation, or if any had been transported into the creature via the finger.
   That, however, was something to observe in a laboratory. His current state didn't lend itself to much in the way of research. He needed down, the creature might be useful later, but it wouldn't do anyone any good if it kept killing them.

Transmute the hard flesh of the plant to slick kelp. Be as minimalist as possible, transforming only as much as I need to get loose.

((If only I had the sleeping potion.. I could have taken it, then waited for the plant to drink me.
Irony, since this thing is drinking human blood, could HMH use that to manipulate it?))
((Possibly.))

[5+2-2] You transmute the coils around you to have slick surfaces, allowing you to wriggle free more easily. Unfortunately you don't get around to actually doing that yet.

[6] vs [2] The plant drains [1] a pinch more of your blood.

it could save me.. you never know
The plant drains [3] a fair bit of blood.

+1 HP
-3 HP

[7+3] vs [6+3] Rachel manages to wriggle free of the vines, [4] gaining enough distance to probably not get caught again.

[4+4-2] vs [3+3] The knight hacks at the plant with her blade again, but it parries.

[2+2][9+2] vs [10+3][8+3] It similarly fends off the two crossbowmen with alarming proficiency. [1+3][4+3] vs [8+2][8+2] It lashes out at them, but they dodge the assault handily.

"Ye got this?" a voice calls out very faintly from the storm.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Parry Plant)
« Reply #370 on: May 23, 2012, 03:59:53 am »

"So you're here as well, Alchemist. What does this thing intend to do with us?"

((@IronyOwl: Does the plant have a single stem, or several? How big is the central stem? How thick are the vines?))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:40:06 am by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:39 am »

Plant is fairly spread out, but seems to have a central cluster of stems, or at least collection of vines significantly thicker than the ones grabbing you. They're perhaps four feet wide at the thickest you can see. Mobile vines change thickness depending on location, but for the most part are roughly as thick as a human arm, perhaps a bit thicker.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 23, 2012, 05:36:34 am »

((Oops, I was trying to think of some way to get free without greedily just freeing myself. I didn't think of anything.))

Protect myself with magic armor.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 23, 2012, 07:11:44 am »

((I want the aftereffects (like making negotiation easier?) that a 6 would have caused, since it would have been a 6-1+1 roll there. :P))

Rhedarios's ears lower as much as they can while being strangled by a thorny plant as the female knight calls him a seducer. His eyes trail sadly around the length of the vines holding him. The woman should not be a bad person, but she acted like one, arrogant, selfish and unwelcoming of his friendly advances. Well, he should not give up so quickly, but it seemed to be the time for escaping. His head hung low as he started to try to set himself free.

"...Rachel, are you alright? Please stay away, we will try and free ourselves."
His body started to slip and turn inside its prison, although even its own owner had serious doubts about its capacity to do so with efficience. Although he would be free, even if it took time. 

Escape from the thorny prison.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:34:37 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 23, 2012, 10:04:33 am »

Gus closed his eyes and begun to chant the curse of rot, focusing on the vines trapping the Elderly Magician.

"Ach-Perroz Ferrod Tuminz"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:47:45 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43