Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72703 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Flagrarus.)
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:09 pm »

Gus cringed when the vines went beserk. In all his years as a negotiator, plans had never gone this wrong. But how could he take advantage of it? He realized in a flash, the enemy was in a panic, and they may now listen, so he works with Rhedarios, trying to convince the most scared looking to work with them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »

((The worst part is that Draignean has a point; Rachel had a lot of time to bother Rhedarios, and she ended up being completely fascinated by the fluffy bastard. I don't know how many successes I need to totally convert an aggressive person into an ally. Also, I wonder why I had to roll to get to know the knight's overly long name.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

If the plant wont attack me while im unconscious i think ill just stay that way and try to regain some hp in the process

If you make me wake up or if plant can attack me while im unconscious,
tear at it with my teeth and bare hands until it lets me go then run like hell towards that horse.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:23:08 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2012, 08:50:39 pm »

If you make me wake up, or if the plant can attack me,
(wake up) cast cure critical wounds on the plant thing... fleshwarping style... then run like fuck regardless of outcome (preferably after that horse unless im on the other side of the plant to it)

((If you actually manage to make the plant even worse and I survive this one, I'll use Lamar's bowels as pretty necklaces. Why are you trying to kill the party on purpose? You'll die soon after that, because you won't be able to escape the beastly plant.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

If you make me wake up, or if the plant can attack me,
(wake up) cast cure critical wounds on the plant thing... fleshwarping style... then run like fuck regardless of outcome (preferably after that horse unless im on the other side of the plant to it)

((If you actually manage to make the plant even worse and I survive this one, I'll use Lamar's bowels as pretty necklaces.))
relax... it hasn't even taken any damage yet and the chances of me overshooting are less than zero so i cant make it bigger... this turn...
im looking at a spell roll of something like 1D6 -5 difficulty -1 restoration -1 all actions +1fleshwarping... so even if i roll a 6 i actually roll a 0 and cause the vines around everyone to rot significantly... huzzah for weaponized failure

you never know... i might fail so bad that i kill it outright... but if there's even a tiny part of it alive after this im stealing a mudstone vial and looting the damn thing.

this is going on my experience with restoration so far... it always affects the intended target but if it fails its instant necrosis.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:59:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2012, 09:00:58 pm »

relax... it hasn't even taken any damage yet and the chances of me overshooting are less than zero so i cant make it bigger... this turn...
im looking at a spell roll of something like 1D6 -5 difficulty -1 restoration -1 all actions +1fleshwarping... so even if i roll a 6 i actually roll a 0 and cause the vines around everyone to rot significantly... huzzah for weaponized failure

this is going on my experience with restoration so far... it always affects the intended target but if it fails its instant necrosis.
((You did not understand IronyOwl's system of failure. You can't weaponize the failures on purpose. The failures just further screw you and your team, they can never help you. So the best outcome would be a huge explosion killing everyone, including you.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2012, 09:01:54 pm »

((You did not understand IronyOwl's system of failure. You can't weaponize the failures on purpose. The failures just further screw you and your team, they can never help you. So the best outcome would be a huge explosion killing everyone, including you.))

how can healing explode?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »

how can healing explode?
((Please read through Staggered Magi, one of IronyOwl's RtDs.

If it is supposed to screw you and the team, it will happen.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2012, 09:07:37 pm »

((just went and looked at the 1 roll definition... so if i roll a 3 (somehow) with that action ill somehow manage to heal it... and if i fail (guaranteed) ill make the situation worse by over healing it and turning it into a giant plant based cthulhu?))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:19:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »

just went and looked at the 1 roll definition... so if i roll a 3 (somehow) with that action ill somehow manage to heal it... and if i fail (guaranteed) ill make the situation worse by over healing it and turning it into a giant plant based cthulhu?
((I guess so. And since you'll take several negatives, you'll probably never hit that 3. You'll most likely turn it into Plant Cthulhu. Or Plant Yog-Sothoth, even.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2012, 09:15:06 pm »

((its almost worth doing just to "See" a plant based kraken
also could i get a link or a text snippet to search the thread for the specific turn you are referencing?))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:19:33 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2012, 09:21:43 pm »

also could i get a link or a text snippet to search the thread for the specific turn you are referencing?))
((Try the whole RtD. Also, if you manage to wake up, you should either rest or try to bite at the vines wrapped around Lamar. Don't try anything magical at the moment, it'll only make our situation worse.
At least in Staggered Magi the PCs had more hp.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2012, 09:24:10 pm »

((Try the whole RtD. Also, if you manage to wake up, you should either rest or try to bite at the vines wrapped around Lamar. Don't try anything magical at the moment, it'll only make our situation worse.
At least in Staggered Magi the PCs had more hp.))
((i was contemplating a very weak fire spell (-1) that would be just hot enough to make it let me go then running after the horse and riding it outta dodge, regenning some more hp then coming back to just outside the plants combat range and trying to help you guys.

on the bright side if we kill it or hack parts of it off the "Thorns of the Draignean vine" have got to be a valuable alchemical ingredient.))
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 09:27:39 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

((If you actually manage to make the plant even worse and I survive this one, I'll use Lamar's bowels as pretty necklaces.))
im looking at a spell roll of something like 1D6 -5 difficulty -1 restoration -1 all actions +1fleshwarping... so even if i roll a 6 i actually roll a 0 and cause the vines around everyone to rot significantly... huzzah for weaponized failure[/quote]
Haha no. You cannot create hyper-effective death weapons using magic you have no skill in merely by trying to heal them instead, just like you can't create hyper-effective healing effects using magic you have no skill in by trying to kill the target.

You experience with restoration is apparently woefully inadequate.

((just went and looked at the 1 roll definition... so if i roll a 3 (somehow) with that action ill somehow manage to heal it... and if i fail (guaranteed) ill make the situation worse by over healing it and turning it into a giant plant based cthulhu?))
Very low rolls that were never intended to or had no chance to succeed will generally just apply very un-restoration-like effects to the caster, rather than buffing or aiding the target directly. Sucking all your health out to inject into it instead probably isn't out of the question, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

((i was contemplating a very weak fire spell (-1) that would be just hot enough to make it let me go then running after the horse and riding it outta dodge, regenning some more hp then coming back to just outside the plants combat range and trying to help you guys.))
((Read your stats, realize your hands are extremely maimed, your character is in pain and in sub-par condition and give up on committing fire-assisted suicide.

I just realized that the fact I am trying to prevent people from performing these insanities must be making the GM pretty sad. Although Draignean did ignore my advice and give IronyOwl a reason to smile, though.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43