Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72724 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: "Diplomacy" and "Healing")
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2012, 12:30:05 am »

((Hey, if it succeeds as well as I hope then we won't have anything to worry about. If it doesn't... well, what is life without risks? Boring for waitlisters, that's what.))
((Well, the main problem is the fact it emcompasses the whole team and that is complicated. If Grandpa Grumpy happened to be risking only his life it would be ok. Why don't you try the nitrogen trick again or healing yourself through resting in the mud as we get mauled? The people attacking us have a 14 DPT capacity >.>))

((Relax, my friend, relax. There is 16.7% chance that everything will go perfectly, and only a 16.7% chance that this will go horribly wrong. I have no intention of killing us all, but I have no intention of standing idly by when everyone is being killed. At our current status, that mounted woman has the potential to deal fifteen damage a strike, and her backup has a max damage of twenty-six per turn together.

Giant grumpy plants can hardly be that much worse, plus, IF it goes wrong, we go out in style.))

((Aye, hence the reason I attempted to transform the air into Nitrogen earlier. Other compounds would have been able to put her down faster, but they would have been a lot harder. N2 already composes ~70% of our atmosphere, and I still got a -2.))
((Then cast Mud-To-Stone on the mud that will cover these crossbowmen's faces next turn. You've already shown us that this spell has a mere -2 on it and can be done on multiple objects in a single turn.))

((That's a solid plan, but it will have to wait until they are covered in mud. Which they aren't yet. Next turn, definitely.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2012, 12:32:41 am »

((plus if i wake up i can make things 300% worse for everyone by fleshwarping the thorny vines))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:36 am »

((plus if i wake up i can make things 300% worse for everyone by fleshwarping the thorny vines))

((THIS. THIS MUST BE DONE IF YOU WAKE UP.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2012, 12:41:59 am »

((Seconded, albeit he might go Flagrarus on us all.

Yes, that's three separate instances of boss-making by the same character.))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:56:59 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2012, 12:44:12 am »

((Seconded, albeit he might go Flagrarus on us all.))

OH HELLS YEAH :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2012, 11:01:09 am »

((Seconded, albeit he might go Flagrarus on us all.
((Oh wow. This shows me IronyOwl really has a large amount of both imagination and sadism.

And yes, warping live thorn plants will probably create an abomination.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:47 am »

((Dear me. Memories. Remember guys, run away when you face a plant boss! Also, concerning that imperial, I'm sure that an earth magi could use the mud to bring down her horse. OR something.

I also expect great things from nirur. Horrible great things.))
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 18, 2012, 11:11:53 am »

((I also expect great things from nirur. Horrible great things.))
((I expect even worse from Lamar. He is our FLESHWARPING/FIRE mage.

Note: By the way, Rhedarios and any member of the team (except for Lamar himself) is off-limits for Fleshwarping experiments, ok?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:24 am »

((Dear me. Memories. Remember guys, run away when you face a plant boss! Also, concerning that imperial, I'm sure that an earth magi could use the mud to bring down her horse. OR something.

((Nirur will take care of the horse. I'm busy splashing the crossbowmen with mud; that's important, too, because the mud masks will incapacitate them for a turn and Draignean's Mud-To-Stone spell will incapacitate them for the rest of their lives.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 18, 2012, 12:34:57 pm »

((Nirur will take care of the horse. I'm busy splashing the crossbowmen with mud; that's important, too, because the mud masks will incapacitate them for a turn and Draignean's Mud-To-Stone spell will incapacitate them for the rest of their lives.))

((Aye, and after that I'm going after the girth strap of the Inquisitor, assuming someone hasn't already gotten her off her horse.))
---

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2012, 12:43:57 pm »

((Aye, and after that I'm going after the girth strap of the Inquisitor, assuming someone hasn't already gotten her off her horse.))
((Rhedarios is the (ex-)Inquisitor. She is just a knight, and a lowborn at that >.>))
>Yes?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2012, 12:47:25 pm »

((Rhedarios is the (ex-)Inquisitor. She is just a knight, and a lowborn at that >.>))

((Oh right, whoops. Considering that you don't have a girth strap that would indeed be rather pointless. If only the fleshwarper was still awake, he could do some fun things to that horse...))
---

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2012, 12:56:30 pm »

((Oh right, whoops. Considering that you don't have a girth strap that would indeed be rather pointless. If only the fleshwarper was still awake, he could do some fun things to that horse...))
((The cavalier is the leader, so she has control over the crossbow soldiers. I want to convert her to our side before she cuts off Rhedarios' head. And then proceeds to take yours.
Taking in consideration their damage output and how much we fail when we try attacking or being offensive in any way, I bet we may suffer a TPK if I am unable to overload her with cuteness.
Conclusion: Why did Lamar even try those things, such as melee against the rogue?
Or
Conclusion: We should have started a huge brawl at the tavern to get enough experience for this.))
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:59:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2012, 07:21:41 pm »

please for the love of god no-one kill the horse

on a side note i think its time to start weaponizing my fail
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:40:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2012, 05:01:36 am »

Sorry for the delays. There will be a bit more, but I believe I've at least worked out social skills. It's not perfect, but it should do more or less what it's supposed to. I think. Any comments would be welcome.

Basically, social skills will be broad statements of method and intent, like Persuasion, Intimidation, Flattery, Negotiation, and so on. They'll then operate somewhat similarly to magic in that you can use them fairly creatively, but they'll still take penalties or be less effective for odd uses.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43