Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72746 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: "Diplomacy" and "Healing")
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2012, 10:20:23 pm »

((I have the ominous feeling that woman will kill me in two blows if I happen to be unable to convince her. If I convince her, that means more molestery. Ahahhahaha. I can't say Rhedarios is the butt-monkey simply because Lamar takes the cake.))

Rhedarios kept his cool even as the blade cut across his chest. Such an amount of pain was nothing to him; Inquisitors were trained to deal with pain and grow to appreciate it as a sign you were still alive and thus, your enemy could be killed by your very hand. But something sparked his interest. The woman fighting him had such a long title, but her title meant almost nothing. She was very, very far away in the line of succession, and was probably trying to prove herself worthy by combat and deeds. She would never be recognized as worthy of anything more than just chasing after criminals.
Puppy-eyes power, go.

"Lady, I have no doubt about your valor and bravery, but could you please cause us no harm, and instead join me? (Most) members of our group mean no harm to anyone, and obviously your masters do not give you enough importance. You are being sent to chase people inside the mud. I promise your help would be much more appreciated by our side..."
Well, diplomacy had mysteriously worked with Rachel and the quarter-breed hoped that miracle could happen once again. The chances of besting the woman in combat were slim, and the fact she was the commander and could order her soldiers made her the most valuable conversion target. Of course, he also believed she was a good person, only lacking some attention, like Rachel. And Rhedarios is a very delusional draggy.
Use sparkly eyes, convince her with cuteness. If it fails, attempt to dodge her attack and try convincing her again instead of striking back. She is the leader, damnit D:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:17:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »

((I have the ominous feeling that woman will kill me in two blows if I happen to be unable to convince her. If I convince her, that means more molestery. Ahahhahaha. I can't say Rhedarios is the butt-monkey simply because Lamar takes the cake.))
((i cant help it if irony insists on using that evil die and destroying my hands further with every action i make.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2012, 10:25:45 pm »

Clarence stood agape as minor royalty ordered the deaths of him and everyone nearby, horses charged, the masked wizard's hands spontaneously melted off, and bolts whizzed out of nowhere to strike his companions. The worst part was that he didn't have a lot of ability to stop it, his magic was a great deal more tuned to working in a lab, with actual ingredients.  What potion could possibly made out of a bunch of weeds, rainwater, mud, and this damnable splinter! It was imposs-
    Clarence shook his fist at the rainy sky when he realized what he had to do. Stupid Gods, always giving the old men the short end of the stick.

IF DIPLOMACY FAILS: Use alchemy to mix a potion of monstrous thorny growth. Use: Rainwater, Mud, those weeds I picked up, and the the tip of the finger with the splinter in it.

Throw the potion at the general area of the attackers, don't have to hit anyone, just make it so that the elixir will start growing angry thorny plants closer to them than us.

((Hopefully I should get a nice bonus to this, considering that I'M SACRIFICING THE TIP OF ONE OF MY FINGERS. Also, one can hope that it can tell friend from foe since it's made with part of me, but if not, who cares.))

IF DIPLOMACY SUCCEEDS: Help carry the Fallen Fire mage, look at his hands and try to think of ways that I could possibly help the poor sod.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 10:29:42 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2012, 10:27:39 pm »

((i cant help it if irony insists on using that evil die and destroying my hands further with every action i make.))
((Fun fact: You knocked yourself out cold and now the enemies are ignoring you. On the other side, the conscious group may be the first to get killed due to the fact we are standing.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2012, 10:29:15 pm »

((Fun fact: You knocked yourself out cold and now the enemies are ignoring you. On the other side, the conscious group may be the first to get killed due to the fact we are standing.))
((they'd probably ignore me anyway as i no longer seem to have hands))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »

((By the way, Irony, you forgot to add Gus's +2 to persuasion again.))

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2012, 10:35:17 pm »

((Ow. And that would have knocked his first roll up to a healthily successful 5.

I consider this proof positive that Irony is actively trying to kill us, whatever our actions.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

((Ow. And that would have knocked his first roll up to a healthily successful 5.

I consider this proof positive that Irony is actively trying to kill us, whatever our actions.))
((maybe we should start posting our bonuses when we attempt an action so irony cant kill us outright?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

((Irony is actively trying to kill us))
((...Already been here and there in some of his most recent RtDs. I'm used to it.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2012, 11:00:09 pm »

it would have told me if it would be possible to heal myself through fleshwarping, plus you let me do it for fireproofing myself :/
i am now thoroughly confused as to the mechanics of my own magic school
For the fireproofing thing I basically just said "You don't know how you'd do that," and I think that was phrased very differently ("Think about if it'd be possible" or similar). Healing using fleshwarping seemed a bit obvious, so I just went ahead and allowed it. Technically I suppose I probably should have required you actually specify how you intend to do that, but it was basically treating flesh like clay, and thus fixing it by kneading it back into shape.

Hence why they melted.

You're only missing your skin, though; I had intended your hands to suffer serious damage before I remembered you were only trying to heal, and thus affect, a very small part. The action may be a bit ambiguous because of that.

Come to think of it, this RTD doesn't seem to like hands in general. Unless they're molesting dragon-ears, that is.

The first was either lying or acting, the second was more like flattery or something that could have been Persuasion, but felt more like something else. In either case, Persuasion's far more specific than just any social interaction involving persuading someone, which would be all of them.

I should probably organize these out or something.

Do note that even a 5 wouldn't have automatically succeeded at what he was trying. That'd get out of hand reeeeeeeeally fast.

Also, that's totally not true... what about Caellath? Haven't tried to kill him yet, now have I? :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2012, 11:03:29 pm »

Also, that's totally not true... what about Caellath? Haven't tried to kill him yet, now have I? :P
((There is a horseback woman who wants Rhedarios puppy-eyed face on a plate. I'd say his chances of survival are not optimal. And I have not suffered much damage so far because I am a very cautious person.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »

Oh right, I have tried to kill Rhedarios, by sending a knight after him. Um.

There's gotta be somebody here I haven't gotten around to yet. Nirur? Don't think I've killed Nirur yet, probably because he's only tried one or two healing spells.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12:27 pm »

((I needs me my bonuses. Can't do a social character w/out my social bonuses))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2012, 11:14:49 pm »

it would have told me if it would be possible to heal myself through fleshwarping, plus you let me do it for fireproofing myself :/
i am now thoroughly confused as to the mechanics of my own magic school
For the fireproofing thing I basically just said "You don't know how you'd do that," and I think that was phrased very differently ("Think about if it'd be possible" or similar).
its very possible, i just have to give my body an exoskeleton made of a material with low thermal energy transfer capacity, it wouldn't be heatproof it just wouldn't burn easy thus preventing me from killing myself with failed fire spells.

getting myself stuck in a high temperature environment for an extended period however would cause me to boil from the inside out instead of bursting into flames for example.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 11:18:11 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »

((I needs me my bonuses. Can't do a social character w/out my social bonuses))
((You got the +1 from the social bonus, I guess. As for the concept of "Persuasion", talk to the GM. I did not try anything because I believed in you. Who believed in me.))

>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43