Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72619 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Cutthroat)
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2012, 06:05:28 pm »

Prologue: "Compromise"

run outside and stick hands in the mud to cure scalded hands
[3] You shovel your hands into the mud, cooling them a little. It still hurts, though, just not as badly, and you're pretty sure it'll go back to hurting all normal-like as soon as you pull them out.

Rhedarios looks at the damage caused so far and winces as the woman squeeezes him.
"Could you please stop trying to attack this lady? If you have not realized that by now, she can take you down with only a couple of blows. Please lady, consider my offer, they are just trying to help me and mean(t) you no harm."

Puppy-eyes her into not attacking my companions and tagging along instead. Again. And again and again and again if needed.

The situation was degenerating fast. It would only get worse if he was unable to do it. And the woman had played with his ears, oh God, she had been his first. He wondered if he was about to cry.
[5+1] "So cuuuuuuuuute! You're definitely mine now."

You get the feeling she's not going to take no for an answer.

"Miss, first, I apologize for my tactless companions. We care for our own, and were worried that if you kept him, you wouldn't be able to protect him from those who trouble him. We may not be able to protect him though, he and the mages are the frailer among us, so we would welcome your assistance.\" Gus said, trying for diplomacy.
[5+1] You get a bit carried away, and might make it sound like she'd be a full partner and get to keep her plushie doll.

[3] "...yeah, I guess I could do that."

Eric stopped just before saying his one-liner. Thanks to Fluffy, he already lost the advantage of surprise, so there was no point in proceeding with the plan anymore.
On one hand, there was a conceivable scenario in which the Doll-Molester would cut Fluffy's throat and give Eric a justification he needed to kill her and take her skull. On the other hand, she would become Fluffy's weak spot even if she survived. That seemed like a win-win situation, so Eric lowered his staff.

"So you've got it under control? Wouldn't have guessed. Go ahead, then."

((@Irony: Necromancy allows the caster to manipulate dead bodies beyond simply moving them around, right? Can I turn them to dust, re-shape them and so on? If so:))
See if there are any bones in the trash bin. Take one if I find any, powderize it, pour the bone dust into the Blood Jar and have it form a layer on the Jar's inside. That way, the blood won't erode the Jar's mud with its wetness.
When in doubt about the soul's strength, Kelhor used to teach Eric, fill your jar with blood, bone and feces; that's as close to a real body as you're ever going to get, and it's this similarity that will define your jar's strength.
[2] You find no bones in the trash bin. Either nobody's been having chicken or ribs lately, or they've been dumped elsewhere or are too well-concealed by different garbage.

It also occurs to you that necromancy can indeed affect dead materials; one of the reasons necromancers have a reputation for making or decorating everything out of bones, in fact.

IF Diplomacy miraculously succeeds... Make those benighted vials.[/b]
"Miraculously" is a generous word for what just went down, but she's stopped shanking people at least.

[5] You make some very nice impromptu mud "vials." Considering they were made in four seconds apiece out of still-dripping mud by someone with no particular tools or experience, at least.

[6-2+1] You expertly transmute them into smooth mudstone vials. You could almost swear they were carved in a stonecrafter's shop!

+3 Transmutation
Now Apprentice Transmuter!
Gained Fine Mudstone Vials

Prepare to trip her with ropes of magic if she tries to leave with Caellath.
She makes no overt movements for the door.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: "Compromise")
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2012, 06:59:08 pm »

Gus smiled, the rogue would be helpful in the years to come.
Leave for the captain, but be the last to leave.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »

((Well, now I only need to be bound for life to a psychopath, since "You get the feeling she's not going to take no for an answer."
Now, for the answering part...It's obscene symbolism time.))

Rhedarios was absolutely stunned. Oh Good Lord, he felt like he would regret it and it would not be long until it happened, but he just had to find a way to get the woman to stop. And she seemed to be waiting for something, maybe an answer.
The quarter-breed starts to blush furiously, his skin getting hotter by the moment while he traces the tip of his right grieve along the dirty floor of the tavern. He looks sideways and allows his lids to lazily droop halfway as if he happened to be drowsy.

"I...I am yours then, lady...For as long as you wish...May we leave now?"

"You were the first to..." Rhedarios almost said it.
He kept his gaze trailed away from her, his face still burning from his shame caused by his meteoric fall from junior Inquisitor to criminal and from there to the outlaw pet of a rogue. The ex-inquisitor wondered if he was going to be kept on a collar.

"May I know your name, lady?"

Head outside and wait for the group to get ready. Try to emit a strong, manly and frightening dragon's roar while facing a nearby tree (he really needs to learn how to roar, for intimidation purposes, of course). If Lamas tries to bake a path, head back inside to avoid his possible failure. Follow the captain afterwards.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:17:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »

Eric couldn't help himself: he outright grinned at the scene. Say what you want about that woman, but she knew how to humiliate her victims. Maybe Fluffy won't try to shove his idealism down everyone's throat now that he'd been taken down a notch.
Go outside. Follow the captain.
UPD: Help Lamar solidify mud into a road.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:48:54 pm by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2012, 07:54:39 pm »

Wait for Rhedarios to roar at the tree,
if he succeeds set it on fire without him noticing it was me.
if he fails attempt to dry a path in the mud for the others to walk on

((also i could use some healing on these hands, the mud doesn't seem like its gonna cut it))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:56:30 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2012, 08:30:41 pm »

((also i could use some healing on these hands, the mud doesn't seem like its gonna cut it))
((I am impressed that you still trust my character's healing magic, although I would rather wait to dish out healings until there's time to prepare and cast carefully.))

Go outside. Create a magical disc above the group to keep the rain off.

Pull Lyonson inside and heal his hands before we leave.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:46:27 pm by Nirur Torir »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:17 pm »

((What are the chances of that not working and actually damaging everyone of the group?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2012, 08:35:26 pm »

((It's just a foil strength armor spell flattened out and kept a foot or two above the focal point.

So ... 50% or so?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »

((So ... 50% or so?))
((Please heal Lama[r].))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:44:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2012, 08:46:01 pm »

((So ... 50% or so?))
((Please heal Lama[r].))
((Seconded. Going Cheddarius is better than going Flagrarus.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

((Alright, but I'm slightly worried about retracing my own steps and nearly getting strangled to death by a failed-rezz-zombie with broken arms.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:54:40 pm by Nirur Torir »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2012, 09:40:25 pm »

Clarence grumbled irritatedly, largely because that was the extent of his speech. The vials had turned out marvelously, better than he'd anticipated even, but he was greatly missing his voice. Clarence sighed, ah well, no talking to himself out loud for a while. The only healer among them was occupied, but Clarence could wait for a bit.

Fill several of the vials with rain water, then look for sprigs of new growth at the edges of the building where the mud shouldn't have buried it. Pick up anything else interestingly alchemical, and un-owned, that I find.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2012, 09:42:34 pm »

((also if Rhedarios fails at shouting at that tree you guys might wanna step back inside while my char tries baking a path to walk on... i really don't wanna think about how badly that could backfire.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2012, 09:49:53 pm »

((Nice, we have all the actions! And only a part of them may go terribly wrong.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2012, 10:27:54 pm »

Prologue: Progress

((Well, now I only need to be bound for life to a psychopath, since "You get the feeling she's not going to take no for an answer."
Now, for the answering part...It's obscene symbolism time.))

Rhedarios was absolutely stunned. Oh Good Lord, he felt like he would regret it and it would not be long until it happened, but he just had to find a way to get the woman to stop. And she seemed to be waiting for something, maybe an answer.
The quarter-breed starts to blush furiously, his skin getting hotter by the moment while he traces the tip of his right grieve along the dirty floor of the tavern. He looks sideways and allows his lids to lazily droop halfway as if he happened to be drowsy.

"I...I am yours then, lady...For as long as you wish...May we leave now?"

"You were the first to..." Rhedarios almost said it.
He kept his gaze trailed away from her, his face still burning from his shame caused by his meteoric fall from junior Inquisitor to criminal and from there to the outlaw pet of a rogue. The ex-inquisitor wondered if he was going to be kept on a leash.

"May I know your name, lady?"

Head outside and wait for the group to get ready. Try to emit a strong, manly and frightening dragon's roar while facing a nearby tree (he really needs to learn how to roar, for intimidation purposes, of course). If Lamas tries to bake a path, head back inside to avoid his possible failure. Follow the captain afterwards.
[6] "D'AWWWWWWWWW!" She resumes fondling your ears as the two of you leave. "My name's Rachel," she adds, sounding a bit too much like she's explaining her name to a cat.

[6-1] Once outside, you manage to free yourself from her long enough to give a throaty draconic roar at a nearby tree. You feel awesome and not at all someone's stuffed toy or pet now.

Then she grabs you again.

Eric couldn't help himself: he outright grinned at the scene. Say what you want about that woman, but she knew how to humiliate her victims. Maybe Fluffy won't try to shove his idealism down everyone's throat now that he'd been taken down a notch.
Go outside. Follow the captain.
UPD: Help Lamar solidify mud into a road.
[4-2+1] You manage to make a line of mud a bit more solid, but it's still not really dirt by any stretch of the imagination.

+2 Earth Magic

Wait for Rhedarios to roar at the tree,
if he succeeds set it on fire without him noticing it was me.
if he fails attempt to dry a path in the mud for the others to walk on

[2-3+2] You light your own hands on fire. That was really not something you needed right now.

-3 HP
Hands Even More Burnt
+1 Fire Magic

((I am impressed that you still trust my character's healing magic, although I would rather wait to dish out healings until there's time to prepare and cast carefully.))

Pull Lyonson inside and heal his hands before we leave.
That's... going to be difficult. He's roasted them even further in the time it took you to walk over to him.

[4-3+1] You ease the pain a tiny bit, but nothing major.

+3 Restoration

Clarence grumbled irritatedly, largely because that was the extent of his speech. The vials had turned out marvelously, better than he'd anticipated even, but he was greatly missing his voice. Clarence sighed, ah well, no talking to himself out loud for a while. The only healer among them was occupied, but Clarence could wait for a bit.

Fill several of the vials with rain water, then look for sprigs of new growth at the edges of the building where the mud shouldn't have buried it. Pick up anything else interestingly alchemical, and un-owned, that I find.
[3] You don't find much- the few weeds at the base of the structure seem like they're reasonably old, as weeds go.

[1] Does a splinter count?

Gained Middle-Aged Weeds
Splinter: -1 to fine actions with hands

Gus smiled, the rogue would be helpful in the years to come.
Leave for the captain, but be the last to leave.
You exit the tavern successfully.

The captain appears to be standing some distance away- it's actually a bit hard to see him in this downpour, and you have to look for him a moment to notice. Once the group is more or less coherent and outside the tavern, he turns and begins promptly, and rather quickly, walking off.

The mud is anywhere between mid-shin and knee height and it is still raining like someone's standing over you with a bucket.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43