Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72631 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Cutthroat)
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2012, 08:11:30 am »

Transmute that blasted air of hers again, do it right this time.
((Why don't you people give a chance for diplomacy? You can committ crazy lady-assisted suicide later, and as a traveling companion she is invaluable. Higher level combat ability than any of us.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2012, 08:12:59 am »

((Why don't you people give a chance for diplomacy? You can committ crazy lady-assisted suicide later, and as a traveling companion she is invaluable. Higher level combat ability than any of us.))

((i have already given up... at least until i regenerate back up to 15 hp, then i might try again.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2012, 08:14:15 am »

((i have already given up... at least until i regenerate back up to 15 hp, then i might try again.))
((As a note, your Hp is lower than 8, the GM made a mistake. I guess it was supposed to be 8 + 1 (healing) - 1 (knife-cutting) - 5 (your magic) = 3 Nevermind, wrong, got the numbers all mixed up.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:43:13 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2012, 08:19:31 am »

((Added a conditional.))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:57 am »

((As a note, your Hp is lower than 8, the GM made a mistake. I guess it was supposed to be 8 + 1 (healing) - 1 (knife-cutting) - 5 (your magic) = 3.))

13 hp +2 healing = 15hp -6 damage = 9hp remaining if my math is correct

thanks for pointing that out.. you just got me 1 hp back :D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:34:31 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:22 am »

thanks for pointing that out.. you just got me 1 hp back :D
((I actually thought you had 8 hp at the start of the turn, which you didn't. So yeah, your current one is 9hp.))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2012, 10:48:59 am »

"Miss, first, I apologize for my tactless companions. We care for our own, and were worried that if you kept him, you wouldn't be able to protect him from those who trouble him. We may not be able to protect him though, he and the mages are the frailer among us, so we would welcome your assistance.\" Gus said, trying for diplomacy.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:38:40 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2012, 11:39:08 am »

he is easily one of the more dangerous of our number, seeing how he has managed to gain a valiant protecter with one night in a bar."
((How am I dangerous?))

Rhedarios stared at Gus. Now if the latter's diplomacy attempts failed, he would probably only press her further into keeping him as a personal toy. He just hoped she was kind to her pets, but not excessively kind, though.
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2012, 11:47:25 am »

Eric stopped just before saying his one-liner. Thanks to Fluffy, he already lost the advantage of surprise, so there was no point in proceeding with the plan anymore.
On one hand, there was a conceivable scenario in which the Doll-Molester would cut Fluffy's throat and give Eric a justification he needed to kill her and take her skull. On the other hand, she would become Fluffy's weak spot even if she survived. That seemed like a win-win situation, so Eric lowered his staff.

"So you've got it under control? Wouldn't have guessed. Go ahead, then."

((@Irony: Necromancy allows the caster to manipulate dead bodies beyond simply moving them around, right? Can I turn them to dust, re-shape them and so on? If so:))
See if there are any bones in the trash bin. Take one if I find any, powderize it, pour the bone dust into the Blood Jar and have it form a layer on the Jar's inside. That way, the blood won't erode the Jar's mud with its wetness.
When in doubt about the soul's strength, Kelhor used to teach Eric, fill your jar with blood, bone and feces; that's as close to a real body as you're ever going to get, and it's this similarity that will define your jar's strength.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:55:11 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

((I'll drop this nickname thing when it comes to the players. Let's just assume we're introduced to each other. The nicknames shall be reserved for our enemies.))
Eric met Rhedarios's gaze just before saying his one-liner... and regretted it, because this gaze had puppy-eyes in it. Too much puppy-eyes led to hesitation, and hesitation led to not-killing-the-enemy-immediately and thinking instead. Eric already lost the first-strike opportunity, so he stopped and weighed the options.
On one hand, there was conceivable scenario where the Doll-Molester would cut Rhedarios's throat and give Eric a justification he needed to kill her and take her skull. On the other hand, the bitch would become Rhedarios's weak spot even as she survived. That seemed like a win-win situation, so Eric lowered his staff.
"So you've got it under control? Wouldn't have guessed. Go ahead, then."

((@Irony: Necromancy allows the caster to manipulate dead bodies beyond simply moving them around, right? Can I turn them to dust, re-shape them and so on? If so:))
Stop attracting attention and see if there are any bones in the trash bin. When no one's looking, take one, powderize it, pour the bone dust into the Blood Jar and have it form a layer on the Jar's inside. That way, the blood won't erode the Jar's mud with its wetness.
The more diverse the material base is, Kelhor used to teach Eric, the bigger the advantage you get from using it. When in doubt about the soul's strength, fill your jar with blood, bone and feces; that's as close to a real body as you're ever going to get.
((I got the original and I am keeping it here for the sake of posterity. Also, this woman is pretty damn strong and she can stab any of us in single combat.))
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »

((Le sigh. And here goes my perfectionism. Should I roll it back?
Also, the facts are that she's got a +2 to attack and a +3 to defense, on a d10 physical attack roll. Strong indeed, unless you notice that magic ignores defense.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »

Also, the facts are that she's got a +2 to attack and a +3 to defense, on a d10 physical attack roll. Strong indeed, unless you notice that magic ignores defense.))
((If I remember correctly, magic does not "ignore" defense. Straight-combat rolls are always opposing, and opposing rolls still take dodging and defense in consideration :3
It seems the GM has been using a d6 for magical actions simply because they are not, let's say, flinging fireballs at her. They are mostly trying to change other things (and they are mostly getting negative modifiers for it). Also, I kept that quote because of the "puppy-eyes" reference. :3))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:20:41 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2012, 04:19:47 pm »

((If I remember correctly, magic does not "ignore" defense. Straight-combat rolls are always opposing, and opposing rolls still take dodging and defense in consideration :3
It seems the GM has been using a d6 for magical actions simply because they are not, let's say, flinging fireballs at her. They are mostly trying to change other things (and they are mostly getting negative modifiers for it). Also, I kept that quote because of the "puppy-eyes" reference. :3))
((Your danger dosen't lie in your straight physical ability, but your ability to charm and recruit others. That's why Gus sticks by you, he dosen't want to side against the popular one.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

((Your danger dosen't lie in your straight physical ability, but your ability to charm and recruit others. That's why Gus sticks by you, he dosen't want to side against the popular one.))
((Then could you support my action instead of opposing it? I want her with us, she has +2 to dagger attacks and +3 to dodging. Right now, she could be the first "minion". And a very good one at that.
To make things clear, I meant this part of your speech:
I don't believe he requires your assistance however
))
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2012, 04:28:52 pm »

((Then could you support my action instead of opposing it? I want her with us, she has +2 to dagger attacks and +3 to dodging. Right now, she could be the first "minion". And a very good one at that.
To make things clear, I meant this part of your speech:
I don't believe he requires your assistance however
))
((I was half-asleep while I wrote it, I'll go fix that.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43