Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72522 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue!)
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2012, 10:12:03 pm »

you forgot my attempt to capture ants and a pair of rats :(
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2012, 10:15:02 pm »

Oh, right. The barkeep doesn't allow you into the cellar, and you find no ants or other vermin scurrying about inside.

I mean, unless you count the other patrons. Some people would certainly say that counts.

You also lack any jars or other non-pocket/coinpurse containers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:34 pm »

I think we should probably take the second or third route, while i am confident that we could fight off an imperial patrol i am fairly certain we cannot outrun a horse... yet.. and if a single soldier escapes he will bring reinforcements back and we could be easily overwhelmed.

Vote on which path to take then go outside and make one last attempt at capturing some ants.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2012, 10:34:39 pm »

" It seems we will continue this debate later mage. I to vote for the second or third paths, I believe that we and the captains crew could fight off a smaller patrol, but nothing that would come by the main road."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:11 pm »

She resumes playing with your ears in the meantime.
((That was mean to him.))
Not his ears! Rhedarios bites his tongue while trying to prevent anything from showing through voice or actions. He obviously fails miserably as he starts to blush furiously while squirming in shame. Ouch, those are more sensitive than his tail.
"Could you please not rub my ears nor touch my tail? ...It is a little uncomfortable. I am leaving with my companions for a place far away...to try and build a new life...surrounded by dangers."
With some difficulty, he turns to his companions.
"I...agree with the second path, but if the third is flat, they could bring both...horses and supplies through it...chasing us for as long as they wanted to..."

Rhedarios tries to politely convince the girl not to mess with his ears and votes for the intermediary path.

((Editnote: Yes, this character is supposed to be mildly comical. No, he is not a total bumbling idiot, just partly.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:49:14 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:00 pm »

Clarence couldn't say he was exactly happy with EVERYONE coming to the island HE found. Particularly not with all the talk of war and destruction they were kicking up. The Cult he could deal with, the assorted forces chasing after five other sorcerers might reduce the island, and its alchemical treasure, to ashes. "Hmph. Well, I am in favor of the long road. Taking longer gives me more time to prepare some useful items along the way."

Vote long road, but don't argue hard against intermediary road. As soon as we're outside, gather up some mud, shape it gently, and then transmute the mud into crude stone vials.

Oh, and give the potion of drunken stupor to the woman fiddling with the fluffy dragon's ears. He doesn't deserve that.

((Edited a better idea in))
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2012, 10:54:17 pm »

"Second route is the best for us: a rough road is less likely to have any horsemen on it, and we'll be able to handle a cavalry-less patrol even if we stumble into one."

Vote on which path to take then go outside and make one last attempt at capturing some ants.
"Masked Mage, you're thinking of taking some ants to the island, right? And I'm interested in having giant ants on our side. Tell me when you find a nest; I'll make a jar for you."
When Lamar finds an ant nest, permanently shape the earth around a small portion of the nest into a stone jar. Take the jar out of the ground and carry it to the ship.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2012, 11:29:04 pm »

Prologue

After some deliberation, the general consensus is on the second road.

"Right then, let's get to it," the captain says, striding out through the door.

You are immediately reminded that it's pouring rain and the ground is knee-deep mud. Great.

Oddly enough, the captain doesn't appear to get wet or sink into the mud, walking across it as though it were a solid substance and trailing water like a duck.

You see no ants, and aren't really sure where they would be hiding if they weren't in the inn.

Rhedarios tries to politely convince the girl not to mess with his ears and votes for the intermediary path.
[3] You convince her to start accessorizing your fingers instead.

Vote long road, but don't argue hard against intermediary road. As soon as we're outside, gather up some mud, shape it gently, and then transmute the mud into crude stone vials.
[1] She sniffs the mug and immediately slams it on the table and pulls a thin knife, pointing it at your general direction. Her expression changes to a snarl.

"Think you're funny, old man?"

Now that you look at her, she does have a certain roguish look about her. On the bright side, she has stopped playing with anyone's ears.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2012, 11:39:28 pm »

((...A psycho was violating Rhedario's ears. Can't get any better.))

The quarter-breed stares at the woman as his cheeks stop burning. Maybe he was blind or it was because he was too busy trying not to blush, but he had not realized she seemed like one of the "tough girl" type...Really? Why was she interested in doing those things to his ears? And why did she carry a light blue ribbon with her?
"Huh...She stopped, although not the way I wanted to. And we really should avoid getting even more attention our way...Young lady, may you put that knife down, please? My friend meant no harm."
He turns to the older man.
"So...do we run or do we knock her down? Killing someone really won't help us here."
And to the rest of the group.
"Wait outside, I think we may deal with it. If we aren't able to, we can always leg it."

Rhedarios tries to use Cuteness Overload on the woman and distract her from any murderous intent.
((May be edited if a better plan appears.

Also: IS THE CAPTAIN AN ELF?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2012, 12:02:21 am »

walk towards the snarling woman with hands help up in a non threatening manner and attempt to persuade her not to attack the old man, if persuasion fails headbutt her with mask.

if knockout is successful loot all the shiny things
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:12:33 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2012, 06:13:10 am »

Don't interfere with the diplomacy, but prepare to heal anyone that gets injured in case a fight breaks out. Even the female if nobody else is hurt, but leave her unconscious.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2012, 06:26:43 am »

((@Unholy_Pariah: You could add something in the lines of "If Rhedarios' attempt works, don't try it." Because if I calm her down and then you make her mad subsequently it will be funny, but not productive.))
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2012, 06:29:22 am »

((@caellath: but i wants me that pocket knife.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2012, 06:32:43 am »

((@caellath: but i wants me that pocket knife.))
((Yeah, but a pocket knife is not worth getting her mad again if you try persuasion after she has calmed down. And if your headbutt fails she'll stab you. A lot.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2012, 07:36:34 am »

Finished mine. :3
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 43