Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72482 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »

Clarence continued mixing the ale-mug potion, smiling thinly at the big orc. "My dear boy, if I wanted to poison you I'd just turn the air you're breathing into one of the more vicious vapors I've encountered in my work. This," Illi said, gesturing towards the ale mug, "is just to temporarily incapacitate anyone who inconveniences me. You're not thinking of inconveniencing me, are you?"
   Clarence shrugged and turned away from the orc. That boy's mother should have taken a sterner hand, murder was a habit you had to break young or they'd be running around killing people willy-nilly for the rest of their lives. "I've found where I'm going stay, and I don't intend to look elsewhere. First impressions are the best impressions. Anyone who wants it can have my second scroll."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

Clarence continued mixing the ale-mug potion, smiling thinly at the big orc. "My dear boy, if I wanted to poison you I'd just turn the air you're breathing into one of the more vicious vapors I've encountered in my work. This," Illi said, gesturing towards the ale mug, "is just to temporarily incapacitate anyone who inconveniences me. You're not thinking of inconveniencing me, are you?"
   Clarence shrugged and turned away from the orc. That boy's mother should have taken a sterner hand, murder was a habit you had to break young or they'd be running around killing people willy-nilly for the rest of their lives. "I've found where I'm going stay, and I don't intend to look elsewhere. First impressions are the best impressions. Anyone who wants it can have my second scroll."
Rhedarios settled with his choice and stretched in his chair.
"I am folowing you, but we could setup a backup plan in case our settlement is attacked by vicious creatures or something of that nature. Having an escape route or a second option may be good for our health."
Although the draconic quarter-breed still mentioned backup plans, his mind was already swimming in thoughts of clear water and a mysterious place brimming with opportunities of power to take down his former Order.
"I have some magic knowledge, although none of it practical, so I would be happy in assisting your endeavor."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:45:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2012, 04:20:44 pm »

Rhedarios settled with his choice and stretched in his chair.
"I am folowing you, but we could setup a backup plan in case our settlement is attacked by vicious creatures or something of that nature. Having an escape route or a second option may be good for our health."
Although the draconic quarter-breed still mentioned backup plans, his mind was already swimming in thoughts of clear water and a mysterious place brimming with opportunities of power to take down his former Order.
"I have some magic knowledge, although none of it practical, so I would be happy in assisting your endeavor."
"I'll go with  Rhedarios and the Alchemist. They both seem to be  people with talents that mesh nicely with mine." Gus says. He then looks at the captain "Is that everybody?" he asks.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:52 pm »

Eric nodded. This was a reasonable idea, and it provided him with an opportunity to get some people on his side.
"Very well. Mask-carrying mage whose name I haven't caught yet, you seem like a smart fellow, thinking with your own head and not the 'ethics' imposed upon you. You also have experience in creating monsters well-suited for battle. I'm sure Warlord Karth will appreciate your talents, and his horde will be a better defense than anything money can buy. Are you sure you don't see any appeal in joining him?"

While i find the lack of scientific ethics in that particular group appealing and the fact they have something called a "Dragon of bones" highly interesting i cannot however stand religious fanatics... i made the mistake of trying to sell one a
wolverine / armadillo hybrid a few years ago and his "religious order" chased me across half the continent.
If you could send me any information you can about that bone dragon i would be most appreciative and rest assured if you need my help in the future you need only ask.

walks over to the tavern billboard, checks for reports of bandits or goblins nearby.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:53:56 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »

Just to be sure, Rhedarios picks Clarence's rejected scroll and checks for a place better than the Rift, by the alchemist's standards.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2012, 04:54:45 pm »

observe Rhedarios being used as a doll, apply hand to face then look for a scroll detailing a cave system near a forest and a river or lake, preferably with an abundance of game animals.

after reading, proceed to attempt to repair the shoes that magically appeared on my feet.

((I'll be using simplified rolls that don't give experience for actions during this very early prologue part. Which is good, because normally you'd take a massive penalty for not being skilled and having no tools or materials.))

[6][2][6][4] You fish out the last scroll detailing a location rather than a Dungeon Lord.

Wizard reports the river comes from a massive cave mouth on a cliff face. Volume seems overly large for local geography, magic suspected. No signs of hostiles, heavy presence of wildlife suggests lack of local inhabitants.

Desirable but unlikely for rebels, infeasible for chokepoint.

[5] You manage to polish up and reattach several key pieces of your shoes. They're still obviously in shambles, but in a rather classy sort of way.

Rhedarios looked around. That sometimes happened to him for no particular reason.

After being used by the woman as a doll for enough time as to not hurt her feelings, the quarter-breed comes back to the table with the ribbon. Probably with it on his head, but...After getting to the table he raises his hand:
"We could try reading all the scrolls before deciding on leaving for one of the places we have already read about. We might get lucky."
[6] You come back with the woman still attached. She continues playing with your ears, and your attempts at relocating the ribbon only succeed at getting her to experiment with styles on your tail as well.

Eric's jaw was hanging open for a while after he read the scroll. Upon coming back to his senses, Eric passed the scroll around the table, glee in his eyes, unable to keep the excitement to himself:
"I knew this was gonna be something! Check this out: that, my friends, is the biggest, baddest wolf in the forest, with a rapidly growing barbaric horde of his own and someone real powerful backing him. He's not just a golden opportunity to make a killing; he's the Dark Lord of the century! I want in with him, Captain. What's it gonna take?"
Ask the Captain if he can get me into Karth's horde.
"Eh, Karth, yes... he's eh, *cough* bit of an odd one, 'e is. Mainly get slaves, give 'im odds 'n ends. Don't doubt I'd get a bounty fer bringin' you in, but I'm inclined to warn ye he doesn't mess aroun' with the weak. Trial by combat, more likely 'an not.

Still, if 'at's what yer after, an' you can get a few more ta go with ye, it's not an overly difficult trip... long as nobody knows where we're after an' why."

Brew a potion of drunken sleep using: Cheap (whatever drink we've been drinking), straw from the floor of a tavern, sandman dust, and the hair of a drunkard. Follow the green man at a respectable distance if/when he leaves the table.
((I'll be using simplified rolls that don't grant exp for minor, very start of the prologue stuff like this.))

[4] The contents of your mug slowly shift into potion that should conk out anyone who drinks it as though they've been at it all night. It's unlikely to be effective if simply applied to skin, though.

Just to be sure, Rhedarios picks Clarence's rejected scroll and checks for a place better than the Rift, by the alchemist's standards.
The human with an iron mask grabs the scroll before you can.

The captain looks around.

"Well now, seems we've got a fair company fer this Rift Island. Wish ye all the best with that, an' assuming ye all get to the ship in one piece it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Now, as fer the rest o' ye... I suppose two er three trips might be worth me time, but I've no interest in droppin' ye off one by one ta die wherever ye please. No coin in it fer helpin' along dead men an' little fer hermits."

Tentative Travel Plans
Caellath: The Rift
Unholy_Pariah: ?
HmH: Warlord Karth
Draignean: The Rift
Spinal_Taper: The Rift
Nirur Torir: Jungle Juts

Dungeon Lords
Spoiler: Lord Helsess The Clean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warlord Karth (click to show/hide)
-?
-?
-?

Dungeon Locations
Spoiler: Jungle Juts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Barren Fields (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Rift (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mysterious Spire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ice Caves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Waterfall Cave (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58:58 pm »

oh and irony im following caellath, draignean and spinal_taper to the rift, mainly due to scientific possibilities such as magical armadillos, giant Venus flytraps and making Rhedarios into a real dragon giant mining ants.

actually if your not gonna give HmH a lift because hes on his own ill tag along with him till he reaches Karth's camp then study the dragon and work my way back to the rift under the pretense of acquiring new research materials.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:13:27 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2012, 05:03:01 pm »

"I wish you all good luck in your travels."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:11:37 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »

"Mind if I tag along to The Rift? It sounds interesting. I studied metamagic and know enough about restoration to get by."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

"I don't mind. "

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »

"Well then," he says, looking at the half-orc and masked man. "Seems everyone's bound fer the same spot cept you two, and you," he said, nodding at the masked man, "don't seem all that enthused. What say we make this a quicker trip and just pile ye all into the same mad fortress o' doom, eh? Six crazy sorcerers drunk wi' power's better 'an four, ain't it?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2012, 08:56:34 pm »

Eric sized up the fluffy knight and his little group of fans. If he took the offer, he'd have his enemies at the arm's length... but if he went with the captain's offer, he'd have a slow start, with nothing to kill but a few mutated animals. Quite a hard choice, unless you realize pirates don't make offers you can refuse.
"I take it the alternative is being thrown into the open sea? Fine, be that way. Drop me off at the Rift."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:59:26 pm by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:59 pm »

guess were all going to the rift then.. when we get there it think Eric and myself should look around and see if we can locate any of Dark Lord Sytheriss' minions who might be in the area, besides i need to find an ants nest so i can make some workers to build us a real dungeon.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

Gus thinks to himself, then looks up and asks "Captain. Could you lend us some of your mercs, to help us get set up? I will repay you later, and use your services again."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2012, 09:10:34 pm »

Eric sized up the fluffy knight and his little group of fans. If he took the offer, he'd have his enemies at the arm's length... but if he went with the captain's offer, he'd have a slow start, with nothing to kill but a few mutated animals. Quite a hard choice, unless you realize pirates don't make offers you can refuse.
"I take it the alternative is being thrown into the open sea? Fine, be that way. Drop me off at the Rift."
"Well now, yer free to go yer own way or make me an offer I can appreciate, but as it stands ye haven't much ta convince me ta sail all th' way to tha Illerium Plains just fer your sake, now 'ave you? Karth's enemies be all around 'im as well, so don't think distance be the only barrier ta yer safe arrival."

Gus thinks to himself, then looks up and asks "Captain. Could you lend us some of your mercs, to help us get set up? I will repay you later, and use your services again."
"Mmph. Crazy wizards 'ave a habit o' not payin' back loans that're too much fer em, an' sending me lads in ta gods know what ta soak stuff up fer said wizards ain't a cheap proposition."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43