Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72476 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2012, 08:28:28 am »

((Surprise, surprise. My replacement skills are apprentice clawfighter and novice dodger. And Rhedarios has his metal Talon, which is lacking its skill to nullify magic, but can still tear enemies with its sharp tips. Suit yourself, but he'll try to kill you before the man gets killed.
Also, his head is human. He has only a few dragonic characteristics.))

Rhedarios kept a flawless cheerful smile while staring at the man.
"I am sure it shall be the most pleasant experience."
((Uh-huh. Got it. Mind changing your charsheet to reflect that?))

Eric grunted at the draconic's persistence. That guy was either a tough nut or simply a nut if he wasn't dissuaded by Eric's hints by now. Or maybe he simply wasn't fluent in the whole business of raping and pillaging, given he's got that knight-templar's look to himself.
The half-orc gave a low, promising chuckle: he wanted to make that holy bastard squirm simply for the sake of challenge.

"For me, hell yeah. For him... not so much, I doubt he'll be able to talk or walk normally after today. You'll lose the gift of speech, too. You afraid of snakes, Scaley? 'Cause you'll see a huge one today."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:53 am »

((The claw is there in the sheet. The replacement skills were need due to fine-tuning with the GM, so I guess I'll add them.
Do you seriously want to kill a man now and risk death in the prologue instead of making a victim in your way to wherever you are going, since Rhedarios is not going to follow you? Ow, dude. I thought your character was actually good at planning, but he seems to like unnecessary difficulty. I myself do not want my character to die so soon, but if he dies doing his job, it is worth it. His dragonic parts are also covered in fur.))

Rhedarios giggled in response, his face serene as always. He was escaping an Order of maniacs, if he had to die while protecting an innocent then he would do it gladly. Why not? It would actually be a glorious death in his opinion.
"No, I am not afraid of snakes. And I guess it will be one of us who will lose the gift of speech, if you are planning to do what I am thinking."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:42:35 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:29 am »

((The claw is there in the sheet. The replacement skills were need due to fine-tuning with the GM, so I guess I'll add them.
Do you seriously want to kill a man now and risk death in the prologue instead of making a victim in your way to wherever you are going, since Rhedarios is not going to follow you? Ow, dude. I thought your character was actually good at planning, but he seems to like unnecessary difficulty. I myself do not want my character to die so soon, but if he dies doing his job, it is worth it.))
((First, I'm sure I can kill you before you can kill me, and my character thinks likewise. Second, my character is only good at planning when some goody-two-shoes isn't breathing down his neck, in which case he's bad at planning and good at thinking of ways to kill said goody-two-shoes. Third, I won't get a chance to murder someone on the ship, because 1) pirates and 2) on the ship. When we land, I'll probably have no one to murder but Captain and the barbarians, and neither are easy targets.
So yeah, I'll take my chances.))

Eric shrugged. Getting a giggle out of that type qualified as proving that he is, in fact, a human being prone to embarassment, and meant he will also be prone to squirming in pain when his face melts from Eric's necromantic onslaught. He gestured to the door, rough notes of anger coming into his voice:
"As you wish. Let's go."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:24:19 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2012, 08:55:42 am »

((First, I'm sure I can kill you before you can kill me, and my character thinks likewise. Second, my character is only good at planning when some goody-two-shoes isn't breathing down his neck, in which case he's bad at planning and good at thinking of ways to kill said goody-two-shoes. Third, I won't get a chance to murder someone on the ship, because 1) pirates and 2) on the ship. When we land, I'll probably have no one to murder but Captain and the barbarians, and neither are easy targets.
So yeah, I'll take my chances.))
((Ok, but the battle system is opposed rolls. Chill by the way, Rhedarios is IC :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2012, 09:02:09 am »

lamar was watching the exchange between Rhedarios and eric with amusement for quite some time, however when things seemed ready to erupt into infighting he decided to interrupt and potentially score some loots.

(on my mobile, will change colour when i wake up tomorrow)

-you know guys.. If you really want to fight something im sure we can find a few bandits to knock over around here somewhere.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2012, 09:16:59 am »

Eric hesitated for a second when he heard the smart kid's words. He did have a point, here... Killing some bandits instead would be easier and smarter.
But Eric didn't feel like being smart anymore. The draconic has been pissing him off since the very beginning, and now Eric wanted blood. He shook his head decisively before heading out of the tavern.

"No. This is between me and him. Bandit-hunting is pleasant and profitable, but irrelevant."

((Ok, but the battle system is opposed rolls. Chill by the way, Rhedarios is IC :P))
((I will make extra sure that I am chill, even though I haven't been offended in the first place. Eric's actions, thoughts and words are IC, and don't represent my attitude towards you or your character.

In fact, I respect your character and his outlook on Eric's actions; it's only unfortunate that he deemed suicide-by-trolling-an-orc necessary. Eric, due to the roleplaying limitations I have pre-set in my character sheet, has no choice but to try and put Rhedarios where he belongs: six feet below the ground level.))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:07:31 am by HmH »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:48 am »

Gus, noticing the heated exchange between the lizardman and the half-orc, said "Can we bicker and slaughter later? Right now we should create our plan of escape, you never know who could be tracking us."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:47 am »

Clarence observed the barbarian and the fluffy-knight-dragon-thing's conversation with a sense of growing unease. Killing someone right now was completely unnecessary, not to mention a complete waste of time. If the big barbarian had a bloodlust issue he should just find a club and bash some cockroaches until he felt better.
   The situation deteriorated rapidly as Illi watched, Rhe-something looked like he was going to get himself killed. Poor fluffy bastard, that ribbon just made it impossible for him to intimidate the green tough out of whatever he was intending.
    Clarence sighed and grabbed one of the drinks none of the others had touched, dumping some stray from the tavern floor into the cheap ale, along with a bit of the sleep crust that had settled in his eye. For the final ingredient he leaned over to the table beside their own, plucking a hair off the unconscious and ale soaked man who sprawled there.
   One could never have too many ways to stop someone.

Brew a potion of drunken sleep using: Cheap (whatever drink we've been drinking), straw from the floor of a tavern, sandman dust, and the hair of a drunkard. Follow the green man at a respectable distance if/when he leaves the table.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:31 am »

Seeing even more people get involved in this little arguement, Gus turns his attention to the pirate captain, takes the final scroll, then asks him what he's seen over the years.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2012, 11:05:40 am »

-you know guys.. If you really want to fight something im sure we can find a few bandits to knock over around here somewhere.
Gus, noticing the heated exchange between the lizardman and the half-orc, said "Can we bicker and slaughter later? Right now we should create our plan of escape, you never know who could be tracking us."
Rhedarios glanced at both men with a warm smile.
"I am just trying to prevent someone from being killed; I have no interest in fighting at the moment, but it seems our companion is not very fond of me and my opinions."
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10:22 am »

Rhedarios glanced at both men with a warm smile.
"I am just trying to prevent someone from being killed; I have no interest in fighting at the moment, but it seems our companion is not very fond of me and my opinions."
"Good, neither do I. It seems the only one not in agreement is the half-orc. I suggest that we select locations for our bases, and those who haven't could perhaps plan, rather than draw attention to ourselves."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:50 am »

Eric may have been angry, but he wasn't stupid: he could see when he was hopelessly outnumbered. If the Fluffy over here had gathered the group's sympathies already - and this situation seemed a lot like it - then Eric would have to back off and wait for a better chance to strike. He closed the tavern's doors and sat back at the table, trying to store his rage away, to cool it down into a solid, unchanging, reliable feeling of hatred towards everyone who opposed him just now.

"Alchemist, you can stop trying to poison me now. It seems this reptilian saint has particularly endeared himself to everyone except me, and I won't go against the majority's will. Rest assured: there will be no killing today. Gus - your name is Gus, right? - what exactly did you want to discuss about our escape plans?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2012, 11:27:59 am »

Gus rubbed his hands together, pleased that it was time for business. He said "Yes, my name is Gus, I believe you are Eric. What I wished to disuss is what groups we are going to split into. I believe that me and a few of the others are heading to an island, but I wish to confirm this. The entire group should confirm what they are going to do with the captain, before any of our pursuers discover where we are."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:58 am »

Eric nodded. This was a reasonable idea, and it provided him with an opportunity to get some people on his side.
"Very well. Mask-carrying mage whose name I haven't caught yet, you seem like a smart fellow, thinking with your own head and not the 'ethics' imposed upon you. You also have experience in creating monsters well-suited for battle. I'm sure Warlord Karth will appreciate your talents, and his horde will be a better defense than anything money can buy. Are you sure you don't see any appeal in joining him?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

Gus rubbed his hands together, pleased that it was time for business. He said "Yes, my name is Gus, I believe you are Eric. What I wished to disuss is what groups we are going to split into. I believe that me and a few of the others are heading to an island, but I wish to confirm this. The entire group should confirm what they are going to do with the captain, before any of our pursuers discover where we are."
Rhedarios ignored the half-orc's bravado, rubbed his chin and took the light blue ribbon from the top of his head, tying it with a bow on the base of his tail. It just felt right, even if it was bound to cause many people to think he was actually a dirty, oversized plushie.
"I say we should just read all those scrolls and exhaust the possibilities. If we do not find anything more attractive, I am heading to the rift island. It is a secluded place, probably easy to defend, dangerous enough to keep most curious eyes away and apparently swirling with monsters and magical energies I would like to study. To make it even better, there seems to be pure water - although actually probably mutagenic - there.
Anyone who has only picked one scroll so far should get another and analyze it, I guess."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:01:57 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43