Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72462 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2012, 08:18:35 pm »

Huh, yeah. You're assumed to have some anyway, but even the people who listed out what they've got in some detail didn't say anything about footwear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »

Huh, yeah. You're assumed to have some anyway, but even the people who listed out what they've got in some detail didn't say anything about footwear.
((I ended up describing those in my penultimate post, along with my greatcoat explanation. At least my character remembered to get personal higiene items. HA!))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2012, 08:24:52 pm »

yeah i kinda glossed over the part where you were discussing your great cloak with irony :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2012, 08:32:00 pm »

Spinal_Taper
Race: Coglione ((Born manipulators, but not too good at fistfighting))
Something like +1 to all social interactions, -1 to all combat rolls could work, but might be a bit severe. Plus, you've described yourself as fairly muscular, so I'm not sure that's what you want.

Major Skill: Persuasion
Could you be a bit more specific? This is sort of running into the Intimidation problem where technically anything social is "persuasion," which is really too strong a skill.
How about a bonus to threats and reasoning with people ((I.E. If they treat you so well then why would they abandon you?)), then disadvantage in magic. Also, for shoes could I get dress shoes?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:40:54 pm by Spinal_Taper »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2012, 08:33:50 pm »

HmH
@IronyOwl: That's it if you assume 'intimidating' to have a broader meaning, like 'enhanced persuasion techniques'. Drill-sergeanting, burying people alive to establish dominance, arranging severed heads in an aesthetically pleasing manner... all that orcish stuff.

My penalty has a broader meaning as well: Eric is poor at tolerating people he doesn't like, meaning he is rather susceptible to taunts as well as bad at benign negotiations. I think I mentioned it in the Mental Description... *reads the sheet again* oh, whoops, I must have edited that part out. My bad.
Yeah, I'd intended to give more examples, but I couldn't really think of them; the idea was "anything where 'Or Bad Things happen to you' is a stated or implied part of the offer."

I could probably expand that even more, though, to flat-out +1 to anything hostile and remotely social and -1 to anything benign and remotely social. That'd cover head-spike arrangements, not punching someone you're at a party with, giving orders where it's assumed that refusing will be worse than complying possibly could be, giving orders where they don't think you can flay them for failure or refusal, negotiating with someone in a cage, negotiating with someone from a cage, and so on.
That's an interesting offer, but a definition as broad as that doesn't fit in with my intended playstyle, so I must keep to the old definition of 'hostile and benign negotiations'.
In other words, let's not expand it.

"Niiiiice! An honest-to-god Dark Lord out for blood, rape and plunder! Hey, captain, is there anything unpleasant I should know about this guy?"
Eric handed Sarvak's scroll over to the pirate and waited for an answer. If Sarvak had no known untoward tendencies - like killing his trusted lieutenants or getting excited with politics - then Eric would go into this Lord's service.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:13:08 pm by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2012, 08:41:42 pm »

By "scale it up" you mean you'd prefer being really cute and nonthreatening, rather than the +/-1 I'd intended?
((No, I still want to kick the crap out of people when needed. I just wanted him to appear even less threatening. But better not. I guess the bonus would be too good.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2012, 08:43:49 pm »

I think ill send Mr pirate guy out to buy a sack of shoes for us.
If possible id like some of those leather boots with the iron plating on top and a matching pair of gloves

bonus points if he insults our intelligence as he leaves
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:45:40 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47:28 pm »

Gus calmly goes through the sack, looking for a secluded, easily defendable location or a Dark Lord who has a relatively small establishment.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:31 pm »

I think ill send Mr pirate guy out to buy a sack of shoes for us.
If possible id like some of those leather boots with the iron plating on top and a matching pair of gloves
"You're getting distracted, kid. Best keep searching for a Dark Lord; every major player out there has a strict dress-code, and more often than not you'll have to buy their uniform anyway."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:57:08 am by HmH »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2012, 08:59:19 pm »

Pffft if they want genetic abominations for their army they'll let me wear a tutu and a top hat if i want and still be grateful for my assistance... in fact im gonna put a top hat on my shopping list right now

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »

Rhedarios only stares with amusement at the sharp exchange of plesantries between both gentlemen. After hearing a little more, he looks down at his own clothing. The greatcoat and most of his outfit are very dirty, with some worn sections, which he promises to himself to fix as soon as he gets the opportunity.
On the other side, his armor is very damaged, along with his Talon. He frowns at his sorry state; although he had been excommunicated, the ex-Inquisitor still takes pride in keeping all of his equipment pristine. Escaping from higher-ranked enemies really destroys your cleanliness...

"Although I believe we would fare better together, I have to admit I am not pleased by the idea of plundering, killing, raping and jaywalking. And I still have to find a location with enough water to keep me and my equipment clean."
The quarter-breed suddenly has the feeling that getting a ribbon may help him avoid being shown by noblemen to their friends as a cute animal. He shakes it off but decides to take a mental note anyway.

Rhedarios searches again for the same thing, this time without the animal bit, but only if allowed by the others, since he does not want to get all the scrolls.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »

"I'll warn you once kid. Do you honestly thing you have a unique set of skills? I guarentee you, there will be a multitude of others who can accomplish that manner of thing, and do it better. Same with all of us, we honestly aren't that unique. So I recommend we stick together, that way the unique ones don't steamroll us."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2012, 09:27:35 pm »

fine, but im still buying those boots and gloves... call it a comfort thing

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »

"I'll warn you once kid. Do you honestly thing you have a unique set of skills? I guarentee you, there will be a multitude of others who can accomplish that manner of thing, and do it better. Same with all of us, we honestly aren't that unique. So I recommend we stick together, that way the unique ones don't steamroll us."
((You could try quoting the one you are replying so we may know who it is.))
Rhedarios looks at the men who had just talked.
"So are you willing to accept committing all of those acts I just mentioned for the sake of staying alive?...Maybe it would have been better if I had just died while fighting fellow Inquisitors."

The quarter-breed started to check on the state of his grieves. At the very least those were ok.
"I am not exactly righteous, but I still have a set of morals."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:35:38 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2012, 09:46:31 pm »

((You could try quoting the one you are replying so we may know who it is.))
Rhedarios looks at the men who had just talked.
"So are you willing to accept committing all of those acts I just mentioned for the sake of staying alive?...Maybe it would have been better if I had just died while fighting fellow Inquisitors."

The quarter-breed started to check on the state of his grieves. At the very least those were ok.
"I am not exactly righteous, but I still have a set of morals."
((Changing mah color))"I would rather not commit such acts, but as it stands, killing may be the only way to survive out there. I think we'll stand a better chance of survival together than seperated."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43