Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72372 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Recruiting!)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2012, 06:16:49 am »

Spoiler: In! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:54:53 am by Nirur Torir »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2012, 07:32:11 am »

Waitlist.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 09:09:48 am »

I-Gah! Waitlist!

Spoiler: Finished (click to show/hide)

I love the 'Nemesis' idea. :3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:36:09 am by Tiruin »

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

If only this were an "Outkast Power RTD"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 10:49:10 am »

@Unholy_Pariah: I just noticed both of our organizations try to control magic in some way...We should try to team up and make them fight each other if we manage to meet IC.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 04:50:44 pm »

@Unholy_Pariah: I just noticed both of our organizations try to control magic in some way...We should try to team up and make them fight each other if we manage to meet IC.

not quite sure what IC stands for but the rest seems to be a great idea.. a turf war between those factions could prove immensely useful... for us at least :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 07:18:46 pm »

not quite sure what IC stands for but the rest seems to be a great idea.. a turf war between those factions could prove immensely useful... for us at least :P
IC is in character, ooc is out of character, designated by dual parenthesis, like ((this))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

ah thanks, this is only my second RTD and im barely past turn 2 in my first :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 08:07:14 pm »

@Spinal_Taper: How about your character?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2012, 08:12:59 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2012, 11:27:45 pm »

We are almost good to go, I guess.

@IronyOwl, is this also a testing ground for your systems?
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »

@Spinal_Taper: How about your character?
((He's almost done, be done by Monday. Magic Mafia is always alright.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:16 am »

We are almost good to go, I guess.
Yep. Looks like I should get started on that; we're not going to wait until Monday just for the prologue.

@IronyOwl, is this also a testing ground for your systems?
Nope. Doomed Peasants was helpful for this game, though.

I will admit that I haven't one hundred percent decided on a system for one particular issue (and there's smaller holes elsewhere), but it's unpolished, not experimental.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 12:53:37 am »

Prologue

You all cluster around a table in the middle of the inn. It is really coming down outside.

This particular group consists of a human with draconic "ears" and a tail, a tall, intense-looking human, a primitive-looking green-skinned brute, a healthy and amiable-looking old man, a different, still tall, more imposing looking human, and something cheerful and reptilian-shaped bundled up in red cloth.

In front of you stands a pirate captain- Captain Renault, he says. In most ways, he looks exactly like you'd expect a pirate captain to- black beard, black pirate captain hat, red pirate captain overcoat with gold trim, pirate cutlass at his waist, the works. The only thing not overly pirate captain-y about him is the large leather bag he's carrying.

"Right then," he says, glancing around at you all. "I've gathered you lot today because you're better than these rabble," he says, nodding his head at the other occupants of the room, "and that means I get paid."

"Way I sees it," he continues, putting the bag on the table sideways, exposing the scrolls within, "you've got two options. One, ye flee to the Dungeon Lords lookin' for work. They'll gladly take ye, and they'll gladly pay me for the service, and you'll gladly pay me if you need anything else yer new masters can't find. Like a way out when things get dicey.

Two, ye strike out on yer own and become Dungeon Lords yerselves, buildin' a meanderin' deathtrap in the middle o' nowhere run by malicious dark mages. Assumin' you make it, you'll then likely need the services of an enterprisin' captain who already knows where you are to come buy and sell supplies and such, and I get paid.

Either way'll be tough- the Dungeon Lords aren't to be trifled with, and ye'd best have a strong stomach for their bidding. Livin' on your own has the advantages o' freedom, but then you've got to do everythin' yourself- and believe me, the kinda places yer lookin' for, doin' everything is a lot o' work.

So, what'll it be?"

He rests his hands on the table, looking around at you. The bag is still sitting there, full of scrolls. The rain is also continuing to come down and the other patrons are continuing to talk urgently or wait nervously. And in all likelihood, Imperial patrols are still coming to look for anyone "up to no good." They're not very discerning about who they dispense justice to or why.

((Still working on sheets, but mostly good so far. I'll bring up any issues or warnings before the prologue ends. Well, before this part of the prologue ends, depending on what you consider prologue and what you consider main game.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 01:38:27 am »

"Which Dungeon Lords need a commander for their armies? Which of them will stand up to the Dark Empire?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43