Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue: Waking Up And Not)  (Read 72413 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outcast Power RTD (Prologue Begins)
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:09 am »

Rhedarios downed the new scroll. It had water and probably gems, and he also liked the cold weather, but...
"Well, I found a cold cave. It does not seem very amicable, though. Does that island have some water aside from the sea one?"
He was still hellbent on trying to keep his gear pristine.

Rhedarios looks around and remembers his mental note. He tries to ask a nearby woman for a light blue ribbon, unconsciously using his puppy-like stare.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 12:24:32 am »

Clarence Illi shrugged. "The scroll mentioned water appearing from nowhere, I would imagine it's pure water." Clarency paused, his bushy eyebrows rising as he considered the ramifications of that. "In fact, if it comes of void, it might be some of the purest water ever to bless this world. Besides, even if it is saltwater, transmuting saltwater into pure water is a trivial matter."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:27:54 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 12:38:19 am »

Gus shrugs, and says"I shall acommpany you, as long as there is space for multiple strongholds there. I don't fancy working under someone again." However, he pockets the scroll he acquired.(G'night folks.)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 12:56:15 am »

I think ill send Mr pirate guy out to buy a sack of shoes for us.
If possible id like some of those leather boots with the iron plating on top and a matching pair of gloves

bonus points if he insults our intelligence as he leaves
((Did you actually want to tell him to do this?

In any case, you've barely got enough money for food and last-minute expenditures, you probably can't afford clothing. I mean, you might be able to buy something, though probably still not something nice, if you spent literally everything, but then you'd be in danger of having literally nothing to eat, not being able to buy tolls or passage, and so on.))

well it appears were gonna be setting off on our own and therefore not going to be able to trade until we get our base set up and Renault turns up so yeah ill grab a pair of cheap scuffed boots for that turn.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:00:32 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 03:35:09 am »

"A scrap with everyone in the region just means there'll be more work for me to do. I think I'll take it, but just to be cautious..."
Draw another scroll. Unless I get a [3+][3+][4+] on the scroll's rolls, tell the captain I want to sign up with Sarvak.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:19:42 am by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 05:02:57 am »

"Well that settles it!" Clarence exclaimed, slapping his gnarled hand on the table with all the force of a falling moth. "I'm heading out to this island. I've always wanted to take a vacation from the city air, and I can think of no better a time than the present. Anyone of you is free to come with me, just don't expect excitement, pillage, or rape. I'm too old for those shenanigans and I feel they're rather rude, well, except for excitement, that one can be had without being rude." Clarence drained his mug as he finished, quenching the dry thirst that the trail had put in his throat. "Now, Captain Renault, what must be done to sail for this island?"

Make arrangements with the good Captain Renault to set sail for Rift Island!
"'s a bit out of the way, but not many overt dangers. Main thing fer you is just gettin' there in the first place.

Now, with all due respect to yer vacation plans, I'd rather not drop off just one to a spot. Vastly reduces my chances o' gettin' paid later on, ye see, in addition to makin' for more stops. And I reckon ye ain't got the coin for a proper fare."

Rhedarios downed the new scroll. It had water and probably gems, and he also liked the cold weather, but...
"Well, I found a cold cave. It does not seem very amicable, though. Does that island have some water aside from the sea one?"
He was still hellbent on trying to keep his gear pristine.

Rhedarios looks around and remembers his mental note. He tries to ask a nearby woman for a light blue ribbon, unconsciously using his puppy-like stare.
[5+1] You ask a woman for a ribbon. She squees a little, fishes a blue ribbon out of a pouch, and begins experimenting with it on you like a doll, trying all the different ways it could be applied.

well it appears were gonna be setting off on our own and therefore not going to be able to trade until we get our base set up and Renault turns up so yeah ill grab a pair of cheap scuffed boots for that turn.
((Do remember that you do have shoes, though "scuffed" would certainly be an overly generous term for their current condition.

Also, you can't buy them right this instant unless you buy them off one of the patrons. I may have forgotten to mention that this particular tavern is the middle of nowhere traveler's stop kind, not the in a city sort. There will be semblances of civilization between here and your destination, though, including places that sell shoes.))

"A scrap with everyone in the region just means there'll be more work for me to do. I think I'll take it, but just to be cautious..."
Draw another scroll. Unless I get a [3+][3+][4+] on the scroll's rolls, tell the captain I want to sign up with Sarvak.
[6][4][5] You find something else interesting.

Esteemed Chancellor Maro,

I appreciate your concerns, but I believe you are vastly underestimating the dangers this beast poses. He is far more than a savage brute; we have, I assure you, ample enough experience dealing with them to not find them alarming, and to know when something is far more than that.

I realize this Dragon of Bones nonsense may seem preposterous in the extreme, but again I would remind you of his sacking of Merth, a walled and heavily defended city. Surely there must be some magical force at work here, unless you'd inform me that they've learned siegecraft instead.

More importantly, his claims are presumably the driving force behind the savage tribes not just joining him, but joining him in a berserk frenzy. I must once again stress that frothing savages are no strange thing to us; when I tell you that their rage is truly terrifying to behold, please understand that it is not the words of someone who has never seen such nonsense breaking against a tall wall or being cut down by disciplined soldiers. Whatever this Warlord Karth is doing to these brutes, it's not normal and it's not natural.

Our greatest advantage, then, is in our ability to work together. If the forces of decency, civilization, and culture cannot come together to beat back this unwashed horde, I fear it shall seep to your doorstep on its own terms. Please, think of your citizens and your home, and provide aid while it is still far away, rather than when it is battering at your own doors.
                     -Senator Iilme

Tentative Travel Plans
Caellath: ?
Unholy_Pariah: ?
HmH: ?
Draignean: The Rift
Spinal_Taper: ?
Nirur Torir: ?

Dungeon Lords
Spoiler: Lord Helsess The Clean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warlord Karth (click to show/hide)
-?
-?
-?

Dungeon Locations
Spoiler: Jungle Juts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Barren Fields (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Rift (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mysterious Spire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ice Caves (click to show/hide)
-?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 05:12:21 am »

observe Rhedarios being used as a doll, apply hand to face then look for a scroll detailing a cave system near a forest and a river or lake, preferably with an abundance of game animals.

after reading, proceed to attempt to repair the shoes that magically appeared on my feet.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:16:04 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 05:14:43 am »

Rhedarios looked around. That sometimes happened to him for no particular reason.

After being used by the woman as a doll for enough time as to not hurt her feelings, the quarter-breed comes back to the table with the ribbon. Probably with it on his head, but...After getting to the table he raises his hand:
"We could try reading all the scrolls before deciding on leaving for one of the places we have already read about. We might get lucky."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:36 am »

Eric's jaw was hanging open for a while after he read the scroll. Upon coming back to his senses, Eric passed the scroll around the table, glee in his eyes, unable to keep the excitement to himself:
"I knew this was gonna be something! Check this out: that, my friends, is the biggest, baddest wolf in the forest, with a rapidly growing barbaric horde of his own and someone real powerful backing him. He's not just a golden opportunity to make a killing; he's the Dark Lord of the century! I want in with him, Captain. What's it gonna take?"
Ask the Captain if he can get me into Karth's horde.

After that, I'll need to do something while Rhedarios keeps stalling the group is double-checking that everything is in order. Say, getting a new skull is pretty high on my list of priorities...
Look around the bar, see if there's anyone here drunk enough to be an easy kill. When I find them, tell them this:
"Meet me behind the tavern or everyone and the bar wench will know your dirty secret. Come alone."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:10:42 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2012, 07:12:56 am »

Rhedarios watched the half-orc being a general ass and deduced that if he was going to set a meeting spot with an innocent civilian, then he better go with them to check on the matters. He checks his claw...Nothing, but at least it would still be a weapon.

The draconic human follows Eric, his blue eyes trained on him, and tries to recruit people in the bar to help him by asking and using his puppy-like stare. If the orc tries something evil, then it is time for Rhedarios' first fight in some time.
"I have decided to follow you for the moment and check how pleasant an exchange you'll have with this man."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:46:08 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2012, 07:23:18 am »

Sorry, I hurt my arm yesterday (Nothing major, I'm just not used to injuries and can barely move the elbow) and didn't feel like doing much online. I also didn't sleep, so could I get a quick recap on anything important that happened since I rolled to check a scroll?

Are we all moving to different areas? I think I want to go to the jungle juts if we're all going off alone.

Nirur
Race: Dragon-blooded lizardman (His scales make him tougher, but take longer to regrow from minor damage.
Hit points or dodge chance tougher? I believe all players will have 20 hp, incidentally, I just don't want to finalize that until I've given up completely on gaining HP experience. +1 to dodge would be good.

As for the regrow thing, hm... I hadn't properly considered how players would regain health, so that's a bit tricky. Could potentially just apply a max hp debuff under certain conditions, though.

His claws make fine tasks more difficult, and act as natural knives. He can only digest meat, but can eat it raw. He is cold-blooded. The accident-infused dragon blood provides no apparent benefits other than making him potentially valuable for his use in potions.)
So perhaps -1 to fine manipulation, including some crafting rolls (mainly for smaller, more delicate, or more precise items), lockpicking, etc, or perhaps just -1 to crafting rolls but nothing else? Anything delicate.

As for knives, that could give you extra "unarmed" damage (or even count as you always being equipped with knives), perhaps a bonus to certain actions on account of having the right tools, or something similar.

Interesting diet restriction. Probably a net negative overall, so could likely help pay for something else. Could I get some sort of strong stomach and/or disease resistance for non-fresh raw meat, then?

Cold-blooded probably won't have any overt effects, though I guess it could apply in extreme conditions or just be handwaved as some sort of frost/fire weakness/resistance or debuff/buff on hit or similar.

Hm, valuable potions... probably a net positive, if you let yourself be harvested every now and then. What effects does dragon blood have, anyway? Just sort of a vague empowerer/modifier, or something else? Probably mostly empowering. I wasn't planning to sell my blood, so a new negative: His religious beliefs prevent him from giving his blood away, and the proper disposal for bandages/cloth/disposable stuff he bleeds on is burning, to return his strength to his deity.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2012, 07:37:09 am »

Rhedarios watched the half-orc being a general ass and deduced that if he was going to set a meeting spot with an innocent civilian, then he better go with them to check on the matters. He checks his claw...Nothing, but at least it would still be a weapon.

The draconic human follows Eric, his blue eyes trained on him. If the orc tries something evil, then it is time for Rhedarios' first fight in some time.
"I have decided to follow you for the moment and check how pleasant an exchange you'll have with this man."
Eric tried to divert the draconic's attention to some more pressing matters. Not that he couldn't handle the nosy abomination, of course, but devil's in the details and that goody-two-shoes was grade-A snitch material.
"Cute ribbon, pal. Don't you have anything better to do than stalk me? Like pleading with the captain to let you sail... wherever the hell you want to sail? I'm not the cost-inefficient one here, you know."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:57 am »

Eric tried to divert the draconic's attention to some more pressing matters. Not that he couldn't handle the nosy abomination, of course, but devil's in the details and that goody-two-shoes was grade-A snitch material.
"Cute ribbon, pal. Don't you have anything better to do than stalk me? Like pleading with the captain to let you sail... wherever the hell you want to sail? I'm not the cost-inefficient one here, you know."

Rhedarios smiled back to him.
"Thank you very much. But no, I don't have anything better to do and I feel forced to follow anyone with obvious bad intentions who decides to blackmail someone into showing up alone in the back of a shabby bar under the pouring rain. You should calm down, you do not even know if he'll really fall for that one. And even if he does and decides to pop up with some friends, you could always benefit from my presence, couldn't you, Sir?"

((Yeah, trying to kill someone for the evulz under Rhedarios watch won't happen, since he's suspicious of anyone who has shown dark tendencies so far. Unless, of course, that you happen to be willing to watch both low-level characters start a sissy bitch slap fight.))
>Yes?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2012, 08:03:09 am »

Rhedarios smiled back to him.
"Thank you very much. But no, I don't have anything better to do and I feel forced to follow anyone with obvious bad intentions who decides to blackmail someone into showing up alone in the back of a shabby bar under the pouring rain. You should calm down, you do not even know if he'll really fall for that one. And even if he does and decides to pop up with some friends, you could always benefit from my presence, couldn't you, Sir?"

((Yeah, trying to kill someone for the evulz under Rhedarios watch won't happen, since he's suspicious of anyone who has shown dark tendencies so far. Unless, of course, that you happen to be willing to watch both low-level characters start a sissy bitch slap fight.))
((More like sissy bitch curb stomp fight, because I'm a necromancer/earth mage and you're a dual-wielder without a single weapon. But sure, suit yourself.
Also, I don't intend to kill this guy for the evulz; it's business. I need to be in top form for my job interview, y'see, because if I fail whatever little trial Karth will have for me, I'm as good as dead.))

Eric sized up the draconic's head. It would fit into his staff, too... if he cut off the top of the head and removed the jaws.
"Oh, all right, all right. You can watch if you'd like, you filthy pervert. Just know... what happens behind the tavern? It'll stay with you for a lifetime."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:05:44 am by HmH »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2012, 08:12:01 am »

((More like sissy bitch curb stomp fight, because I'm a necromancer/earth mage and you're a dual-wielder without a single weapon. But sure, suit yourself.))
((Surprise, surprise. My replacement skills are apprentice clawfighter and novice dodger. And Rhedarios has his metal Talon, which is lacking its skill to nullify magic, but can still tear enemies with its sharp tips. Suit yourself, but he'll try to kill you before the man gets killed.
Also, his head is (mostly) human. He has only a few dragonic characteristics.))

Rhedarios kept a flawless cheerful smile while staring at the man.
"I am sure it shall be the most pleasant experience."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43